Polish language

Why is everybody forever saying how rich and important Russian is, while completely neglecting Polish? Poland, as a slavic country, has, in my book, begotten some of the best poets, writers as well as playwrights the works of which are way more refined than your average abortion of prose pooped out by Dostoevsky. It is, indeed, the most important slavic language to learn.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=72kZw26IQa0
youtube.com/watch?v=1GLytMcoOWU
youtu.be/Hq1oqZcAfI8
youtube.com/watch?v=XY0dgI5-q0o&
youtu.be/MzqgyfoWjLc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You know who else couldn't speak a word of Polish? KKK!

polacks are ugly subhumans and their language is ugly as well

Polish poem:
czczc czcz czczczczczcz
czczczczczcz
zcczczczcz
Translation:
oh how i like you kielbasa
with vodka and pierog
fuck germany and russia
the end

I'm appalled!

name one polish autor better than dostoievski

You're looking at him on the pic rel.

Millennials are so ignorant these days, jeez.

wtf i love Ukraine now??!?!?!!!???

I like Stanislaw Lem

Name one Lithuanian poet oh wait you can't bc Lithuanuan language cowers before might of POLISH POWER

We all like Lem, but Polish is, mildly put, an awkward sounding language.

>Polish
>language

Polish was the most important Slavic language during the height of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth. It had unparalleled authors and poets in the 17th century and Polish culture and laws attracted the eastern Slavs aka Ruthenians and Lithuanians to Polonize themselves of their own free will. Polish culture was just that strong and attractive. There is a reason why Russian royal court and boyars in Moscow spoke Polish for around 100 years in the 16-17th centuries, it was seen as the language of royalty and nobles which gave you higher status and was a gateway towards the west.
youtube.com/watch?v=72kZw26IQa0

I'm learning ukrainian
Is there any ukrainian chan?

Hmm, but if Polish is so ugly then why the most important Lithuanian painter used to put Polish phrases on his paintings?

Fuck off back to Poland, subhuman.

Awww, hello there Litwin. :3
youtube.com/watch?v=1GLytMcoOWU

I don't think, there were some Ukrainian threads on Dvach, but several weeks ago Ukraine blocked Russian websites, or something like that, so they may be gone. I learn Ukrainian by reading their books, especially related to topics I'm well oriented in, for example find this book:
Icтopiя Пoльщi: вiд нaйдaвнiших чaciв дo нaших днiв / Л. O. Зaшкiльняк, M. Г. Кpикyн

I also watch 5TV, they have live stream on their website (it's something like TVP Info/TVN24)

not him, but we won't go anywhere, instead we will send you our love

Russian poem
Cyka blyat,rush b
davaj davaj drink vodka
oh how I love stalin

the end

Do not ever reply to me again.
You are free to do as you please, but don't delude yourself into thinking that I care about your opinion.

>litwa

I speak both. But of course Russian is native while Polish is ..chuj wie jak dobrze/źle rozmowiam :3

Oddaj nasze Wilno pedale żmudziński

t. not sure that I'm even a Pole

>tug nigdy nie będę ją miał bo mieszka w Polsce, ma chłopaka i nie wie że w ogóle jestem

Ehh

>Gdybym nie zobaczyłem tego filmiku - w ogóle nie mówiłbym dziś po polsku

>brak postowania

I tak jest już w kilka fredach

There was a board called uchan but I'm not sure whether it's still up or not

This depends on your taste. In my opinion Władysław Reymont or Bolesław Prus are better than Dostoyevsky (there is a reason why rather well read Stalin used to say that Pharaoh by Prus is his favourite book). Actually I don't understand why Dostoyevsky is so highly praised while people from the West usually don't know anything about Turgieniev. Generally speaking this question is mostly a matter of personal preference, eg. I rather like Marquez, but many people on /lit/ don't, I prefer Czech literature over Russian literature. In English literature I hate Joseph Conrad (excluding The Secret Agent), which is rather strange, since he was from my country, but I like Dickens, etc. etc.

In later periods Polish Gombrowicz isn't worse than Bulhakov. Pasternak is worthless, imho. Witkacy is interesting, but also graphomaniac, sometimes.

In sci-fi Polish Lem is definitely better than Russian Strugatskye brothers (BTW, imho, Głos Pana aka His Masters Voice is definitely better than any book by Dostoyevsky), even though I like reading their books. Actually both Lem and the Strugatsky bros wrote some shitty books in the beginning of their careers (L: Astronauci, Obłok Magellana; S: Strana bagrovych tuch', Put' na Amalteyu).

>don't delude yourself into thinking that I care about your opinion
It doesn't matter. As one Polish poet wrote: "Let us love people now they leave us so fast", pic very related.

What good literature Russian even have? Serious question, I know only Dostoyevsky and Pushkin.

A ja nie wiem po co Polacy w ogóle emigrują do angielczyków, a nie do Litwy.

Nieironicznie gdybym ich deportowali do Litwy - Wilno jużbym powrócił do Polski.

Naprawdę to pedalstwo.

I tradycyjna kwestia:

youtu.be/Hq1oqZcAfI8

Czy to brzmi ładnie dla was? Czy nie?

BTW, what do Ruanons think about Pelevin?

Another question to Ukrainians - I know some works by Shevchenko and Franko, I also know that comical travesty of Ennead by Kotlarevsky. What should I read now? (I can read in original)

Read only Empire V. Not bad, but I dropped Batman Apollo. Don't remember why

Also Pelevin is too metophysical. I prefer realistic stories.

>Russian royal court and boyars in Moscow spoke Polish for around 100 years in the 16-17th centuries
Interesting. Source?

I still think that you should come again and save us from islamization.

Lithuanian is much more beautiful than Polish, imo.
Ruthenian dwarfed it because Lithuanian was a minority in the Lithuanian state, and later Polish dwarfed those two because of various political reasons.

Чтoж, кaк мoя кapтинкa дoкaзывaeт, нaм нaдo тoлькo пoдoждaть и вoпpoc c этим coceдoм peшитcя кaк-бы тo caм, бeз нaшeгo yчacтия.

Кcтaти - я yжe пиcaл этo нecкoлкo нeдeл тoмy нaзaд нa aнглийcкoм, нo я пoвтopю, чтo ты пишeшь нa yдивитeлнo хopoшим пoльcкoм.

For you - maybe. But for us..

Look, it's beautiful and cool language. But. It sounds too same as slav languages. And it makes an uncanny valley effect.

Also Estonian is cool, I listen to songs in it, but you are faggots with your deruficiation, I hope Russian will be official in Estonia.

youtube.com/watch?v=XY0dgI5-q0o&
Does this sound Slavic to you?
Lithuanian's sound is unique.
True, it has palatalisation, like Russian (Latvian doesn't have this), but the long vowels and pitch accent make it sound nothing like the Slavic languages.

invading Konigsberg and sharing territory when?

I like Empire V, of course that methaphore with vampires is too straightforward, but it's an enjoyable read. I also liked Pokoleniya P and some short stories, like Omon-ra. Funny stuff. I don't know Batman Apollo. Another popular contemporary Russian author is Yerofieyev, but I cannot into his books, for some reason.

Batman Apollo is a sequel of Empire V.

Cпacибo!

>Batman Apollo is a sequel of Empire V.
Oh shit, I didn't know. I will check it.
>Cпacибo!
He зa чтo!

His accent/voice is very Russian, but I can't understand a word

And not even like in modern Russian, sounds very soviet, really

youtu.be/MzqgyfoWjLc

A bit same accent in a soviet song

poles are only good because of the bit of germanic in them.

without it they would be like croatia or something.

Tbh I think like half of people on this board memeing about 'le world class Russian literature' didn't even read it, they just heard about it.
That said I'm not shitting on Russian literature or anything, I did enjoy Crime and Punishment and Master and Margarita.

>Do not ever reply to me again.
But Litwo, plz love me! :/

Even the fact that people name Crime and Punishment as the main example is strange, maybe it's because they read it at school, in my opinion Karamazovy is better, I also prefer Zapiski iz miortwogo doma. Just like with other authors, it's mostly repeating some other people's opinions. My example with Turgieniev is also relevant - many Europeans didn't hear about him, while his is a very good writer. Also - some national literatures are overlooked simply due to small size of those nations that created them, like the Czechs - their literature isn't worse, but people in the West usually don't even know who coined that word "robot" they use in their own languages.

>while his is a very good writer
he is, sry

What can you advice to read from a polish literature?

I want:
1) something closer to modern, maybe about PPR's time
2) not about war
3) not sci-fi and fantasy. About a regular people and live.

You know, something like Kuprin, but polish and more modern

Hmm... I rather avoid reading anything written after ww2, but I think that one of the best post-ww2 novels that are close to life of ordinary people is Zły (Zloy) by Leopold Tyrmand. Generally speaking the communist period wasn't good for realistic literature due to hard censorship. Some good novels were written outside of the country, eg. Dolina Issy by Czesław Miłosz, but I don't like Miłosz. Oh, "Ziemia obiecana" (the Promised Land) by Reymont may be interesting (it's about industrialisation in Poland under the late Russian Empire), Reymont's "Chłopi" (Peasants) won him the Nobel Prize in 1924, but it may be hard to read for foreigners.

Dzęki, I will search this novels

>(((Jewcrainian))) divide and conquer
Nice try
>abortion of prose pooped out by Dostoevsky.
Toppest of keks brainlet

Many Polish authors like Gombrowicz, Witkacy, Mrożek or Bruno Schulz wrote quasi-surrealist novels, something like Bulhakov, so it's definitely not close to real life, there is also a lot of literature about dying world of old aristocracy, like "Sława i chwała" by Jarosław Iwaszkiewicz, so it's also not about "real" people.