Kurtzman Confirms DRACULA UNTOLD Is Not Canon In Universal's Monster Cinematic Universe

comicbookmovie.com/horror/alex-kurtzman-confirms-dracula-untold-is-not-canon-in-universals-monster-a147298

FUCK YOU

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Monsters_(shared_universe)
youtube.com/watch?v=IjHgzkQM2Sg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Well, fuck. I actually kind of liked Untold, in that mild 'yeah, it was fun... what did I see again' way. Even as a classic horror and World of Darkness fan, the Universal Monsters setting is never going to be something I like as much as the MCU or even DCEU.

They might as well have just swallowed their Man of Steel/Incredible Hulk.

(((Kurtzman)))

>Previous Draculas aren't canon because this is an UNTOLD story which makes a new canon
>UNTOLD is now non-canon either

top kek based jews in hollywood spinning in their retard rethorics

>le giant bat fist
>not canon
ggod

I was unaware there was a Monster cinematic universe?

Fuck off that's probably the only good movie that would be in it.

You cannot have Muslims as the bad guys.Erdogan complained.

It starts next year with the Mummy.

I am legit disappointed to hear that

>muh cinematic universe
>muh canon
Seriously, guys, seriously...

i'm ashamed to say that i was mildly interested in this movie until i saw that it got a really low score on RT then i kind of forgot about it

is it actually good?

It's solid, a lot more entertaining than generic marvel capeshit of the week.

That's ashame, it was pretty good.

Wasnt that Aaron Eckhart frankenstein movie supposed to be part of the supposed monster universe of films too?

I liked it and hope they make a squeal.

Reddit the Dracula

unless that flops like dracula untold

This isn't Germany.
This is 'Murica!

>standalone story
>unique take on the Dracula mythos while still paying homage to it in a number of ways
>solid cast and performances
>some fantastic visuals
>great action and "fuck yeah" moments
>actual character arcs and development
>just entertaining all around

Worth a watch

No. That wasn't even made by Universal.

There was in the 30s.

>Monster Cinematic Universe
kek
implying this shit will ever be real

I'm sick of it too...

What a stupid thing. When you talk with some friend and he said: "yeah, but that's not canon anymore", who fucking care??

implying anyone remembers that movie

a shame though, I like it

was hoping that dracula untold is an movie adaptation of the real vlad tepes but what i got is kebab killing simulator and bat fist which is also cool

>Being surprised by this

Aren't the monsters in the cinematic universe all supposed to be the bad guys?

They set Nu Drac up as lawful good, it'd be a bit of an about face to suddenly have him chomping on virgins like the old ones.

Kinda lame desu. Luke Evans + Charles Dance would be good additions to the universe desu.

>Confirms DRACULA UNTOLD Is Not Canon In Universal's Monster Cinematic Universe
In a better world this would just be a meaningless word salad

>having to reboot before it even begins

If it was a historical movie, no way they'd have him be the good guy, the guy attacked and murdered innocent muslims don't you know?

They only got away with it since it was a fantasy movie.

>based Cruise
>based Crow
>mummy chick
>3D action monster summer blockbuster setting up an expanded universe
can't flop, won't flop

It is like if in 300 years they make a pic about Hitler being a totally nice (and hot) guy that only killed the six gorillion to save the Nation of Israel from their future foes.
Which I would probably enjoy, but it diverges from the official version.

>vlad removed kebab
>somehow he was a bad guy
does not compute

It's got Cruise and Crowe in it, and the trailers have been well recieved. They'd have to fuck it up pretty drastically to generate a flop out of that.

Did you seriously compare Tepes to Hitler? You are a fucking retard.

How many people even know that a shared universe is older than most marvel comics.

Abbot and Costello was one of the first if not the first to do this.

>killing Muslims is bad now

I am saying he is usually portrayed as a monster and a psycho. And not impalling your own villages to piss the enemy is not cool.

>I am saying he is usually portrayed as a monster and a psycho
So? Bram Stoker's Dracula is historically very innacurate and I'm not talking about the fantasy aspects. He impaled crooks and thieves to instill great fear in both into his enemies but also his people. He ruled through fear, and combat wise he was an exceptional strategist and tactician.

>he is usually portrayed as a monster and a psycho

Yes, in the ((((media))))

In Romania he's considered a national hero and from a pan-European perspective, he slowed the expansion of the Ottomans into Yurup.

The Mummy already has Mummy and Dr. Jekyll, perhaps a cameos/end credits scene.

how is mummy chick a good thing? This movie looks like shit

Crowe does not bring in an audience. And I don't know what the budget is, but it has to be pretty high. And we will have to see how the marketing goes.

You have a lot of catching up to do
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Monsters_(shared_universe)

>Javier Bardem as Frankenstein's monster
>Johnny Depp as The Invisible Man

It already belongs in the DC cinematic universe

He was protrayed as a monster and a psycho by Muslim invaders (who deserved whatever happened to them) and his political and religious rivals (he was famous for having many of his boyars savagely executed and replaced with loyalists after they betrayed his family).

Vlad III grew up among the Ottomans. He had good reason to despise them. He had good reason to torture the men who betrayed his family. Romanians by and large consider him a national hero.

Isnt Depp already involved in the next 4 HP films?

Well since most people I read hated him in it. Maybe they will recast him

Did you miss the news? Depp and the actor who eventually portray Tumblerdore are confirmed to be the main characters in the next films, and the guy protecting monsters and the rest of the cast will make cameos at best. So yes, Depp is confirmed and series will focus on him.

Are you retarded or do you think they give a shit about the random thousand fans that bitch on youtube comment sections

>tfw Abbott is death procesd

4 movies? How are they making 4 more movies based on a book thats not even an actual story?

Well being that the movie hasn't even broke 100 mill in the worldwide box office, they might just scrap the whole thing.

There was Frankenstein meets Wolfman and a couple of others before Abott and Costello, but yes, Universal did it first. Funny thing is there was no control of consistency in the continuity, so it's kind of fucked up that way, but they are still a good watch.

I don't know, maybe the same way they've made any original IP into a franchise? Star Wars or Indiana Jones weren't based on anything, you know.

The casting is good, but I would prefer legit horror films instead of this pseudo capeshit we are getting.

wtf are you talking about? Fantastic Beasts has made over 600 million already

ummm, its made all over 100 mil

Dude, you are clearly deluded or haven't seen any news site, the movie is HUGE around the world.

>remake of a well-known franchise
>big-name actors
>the beginning of a "cinematic universe" that are all the rage with kids nowadays

It'll be fine.

It's an okay vampire movie until he turns Super Saiyan on the entire Turkish army.

Charles Dance is great and I like Luke Evans, even if they both keep getting cast in shitty movies.

>the beginning of a "cinematic universe" that are all the rage with kids nowadays
yeah, theyve NEVER failed to start a big franchise in recent years

>dracula untold
Is it good?

I would too, but in a world where we get a new capeshit every month it seems like, I'll be happy to take Mummy Impossible here and there. And honestly I haven't watched much horror movies in years because there's just seemingly nothing coming out. The last Wolfman was a mixed bag for me. Like it was OK until you saw the actual Wolfman.

God no

The DCEU is off and running tho. Despite all the Sup Forums memes and Marveldrones, the movies are doing fine.

point is most movie universes dont work or last very long

God yes

not scary, bad acting and action, also very forgettable. Just skip it

>not scary
No shit

>the trailers have been well recieved

Everything I've seen has been complaining about the lack of Brendan, and how it looks like Mission Impossible.

well if its a horror movie that doesnt try to be scary would you call that a failure?

It's not a horror movie

then what the fuck is it? Garbage?

Like? I mean, it looks like we have another movie universe on hand now with the new Harry Potter movie being a success.

Turkroach detected.

I want this monsters universe thing to flop so bad

I've seen Sup Forums complaining, and that's really the bulk of it. Outside of here, it's not even in the same galaxy as how some people here have memed. If people cared about Brendan, more than 10 people would've seen the last Mummy. Instead every thread here is, well, I didn't see it because Rachel Weisz was gone.

This mummy looks bad and I dont think it will be successful. Thats it

This is what happens when you DONT cast a flavour of the year actors: nobody watches it, the movie bombs, and there's no sequel. Also Luke Evans is mediocre and doesn't have any star power.

look at the comments under the trailer

youtube.com/watch?v=IjHgzkQM2Sg

Under the video with 80,000 likes? Really dude?

>80,000 likes
Assuming they all go see the movie, that only covers about slightly less than $1 million

It's super mediocre.

So according to you Rogue Nation made a little over 2 million total.

Disney paid off all the critics

I hate to say it, but Bella Lugosi's Dracula doesn't age well. Don't get me wrong, a lot of stuff from that era holds up. But Dracula needed music, it's just so empty without a score.

>rethorics

BvS and SS were two of the highest grossing and most profitable movies of the year

too bad. I dug Evans as Dracula.

I know

This is a lie. They flopped hard.

>Monster Cinematic Universe
When will this cinematic universe meme end?

No, they made quite a lot of money. The only problems were that the movies were trash, like every comic book movie, and they didn't crack $1 billion in worldwide gross.

After The Mummy reboot and Justice League are released.

As for Marvel, if you don't watch them then they don't really exist for you