Is it me or does the whole Weyland-Yutani wants to use the xenomorphs as bioweapons thing make no fucking sense even or...

Is it me or does the whole Weyland-Yutani wants to use the xenomorphs as bioweapons thing make no fucking sense even or an evil sci-fi company?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kyfriipc61A
twitter.com/AnonBabble

this is not a westworld thread?

They probably want it for other reasons as well, medicinal and technological research. But you're right. If all they want is to create Xeno soldiers or Xeno-Human soldiers, that's stupid.

I think the real issue you're overlooking that we should be talking about is this god damn bonus situation

shut the fuck up. you do what the goddamn company tells you to do.

Right.

Xenomorphs were created by an alien race, of course they're interested in researching it.

Makes about as much sense as training raptors in Jurassic Park.

I've always thought this as well. I mean a xeno is essentially, aside from the acid blood, the same as a panther or lion. Just a fast, strong thing that can eat you. If it can be killed by a machine gun what possible military applications could it have?

You mean Jurassic World?

it isn't a bad idea
>mass produced
>cost effective
>release a queen on a planet, let them clean everything
>have a failsafe to kill them instantly
that's the part it needs to be researched

problem is that we never heard about any huge conflict going on that would call for a corporation to actually have a weapon to clean colonies or planets. Releasing this on earth or without a failsafe to disable them quick and safely it's stupid and that's the part that doesn't make sense.
It's like having a great gun that you don't know which way to point and where's the trigger you need to pull so there's a chance you might blow your head off while you are in a shoot out.

The theme seems to to be that the company doesn't realize just how dangerous it is, so its a naïveté/arrogance thing.

Right I get that but the whole idea of a corporation even thinking that could work is retarded. That's like our military trying to weaponize lions.

>Is it me
yes it's you

Once there is an infestation the only solution is nukes, so why not just nuke the location first?

Is it really easier to smuggle in a queen to the target location than just nuking it?

>If it can be killed by a machine gun what possible military applications could it have?

They wiped out an entire colony as well as a squad of battle-hardened colonial marines.
It takes months to train marines, but it takes only a few hours for a xeno to become deadly.

Maybe if they've never seen a lion someone would think it's capturing one for study? In the canon all we know from Alien is that there was a standing order to secure the organism at all costs, no details about what they new. AVP & AVPR show a couple incidents that likely made it into some high-level corporate reports, but who knows how that was interpreted a 200 years later. Setting that aside, so far in Prometheus all the info they have back on Earth is an archaeological theory and maybe Shaw reporting some mutagenic goo. All of this would peak interest, but not necessarily convey the gravity of the issue.

>wants to infest the galaxy with an unstoppable alien parasite
>doesnt have a fair bonus situation
Heartless fucking monsters.

>problem is that we never heard about any huge conflict going on that would call for a corporation to actually have a weapon to clean colonies or planets.
That info is in character backstories for the original crew in Alien. Was just for production character insight and never really made public outside commentary on DVDs.

But yeah, Dallas was a war vet who used to go around quashing colony rebellions.

>squad of battle-hardened colonial marines
Exactly. If a group of men with machine guns can hold them off they're really only an inconvenience, plus Xenos will just as easily turn on you. Just send a group of trained men to kill whoever you want.

>If it can be killed by a machine gun what possible military applications could it have?

I think the idea was to mass produce them and then you would essentially have an endless supply of cannon fodder to throw at your enemies. Even if the enemy could mow down hundreds of them with gunfire, eventually they would be overrun by sheer numbers alone.

I mean, if you're an evil space corporation seeking to control and enslave an entire species to use as bioweapons, I don't think you're too concerned about casualties. Just genetically engineer a million stealthy, acid-spitting killing machines and throw them at your enemy. If they all die, just engineer more

>Once there is an infestation the only solution is nukes

Their goal was to study the creatres and eventually try and control them obviously.

>why not just nuke the location first?

Because there wouldn't be anything left and because radiations?

>If a group of men with machine guns can hold them off they're really only an inconvenience

Only one of them survived and he was badly injured.

>plus Xenos will just as easily turn on you

That's why they want live specimens, to study them and try to control them

>Just send a group of trained men to kill whoever you want.

Again, it takes time to train soldiers and they aren't as effective.

youtube.com/watch?v=kyfriipc61A

everyone gets what they agreed to faggot

you can complain to the corporation when we're back on earth

The xenomorphs were created to genocide us and it stands to reason their creators are out there and possibly coming. Weyland Yutani is in a race to adopt their technology before they arrive so humanity has some sort of chance, they are the good guys.

>hurr they're dangerous
>you can't tame a xenomorph lmao

By the time of aliens resurrection Weyland Yutani had been dissolved and the new rulers were corrupt and reckless. Weyland Yutani was never like that, the xenomorphs were always kept light years from Earth.

Fuck off with that Prometheus shit. We don't know anything about the xenomorphs origin.

>hurr why would people want to use a bioweapon for what it was designed to do

Xenos would probably be shit against any organized military

The marines would've cleaned up the hive at Hadley's Hope if they knew about xenos. Only reason they died was because they got ambushed without their rifles

>control them

Did that literally EVER work?

exactly

Meriburger here.

10/10 would xenomorph africa for keks. Consequences be damned.

It depends on your culture/country/climate.

>That's like our military trying to weaponize lions.

Or like attack dogs and military dolphins, which are a thing.

ohh.. ok honestly I never read about it. In that case it really makes sense. You are too far spread out on a lot of colonies in far out places in space, makes sense it's easier to just load a fucking drone ship with a few aliens and jsut bomb with that the planet and get it cleaned for you than actually having to train humans and spend a lot more in equipment to send them there.

I was guessing with the whole planet sweaping because I would figure out that if we get people in distant solar systems it's just a matter of time that the farthest colonies will try to be independent after a while. Something like Halo comes to mind.

Well it did on existing animals, can't blame them for trying.
And well even if it does sound like a bad idea, they're an evil company, that's the kind of shit you'd expect from them...

Who exactly were they planning to use them as weapons against anyway? If travelling through space is now a normal business venture then the entire Earth must be at a reasonable level of peace

Where does it say they're bio weapons?

yup

>Only one of them survived and he was badly injured
That's because they were stranded with limited ammo. If they had backup or tanks they would have destroyed the xenos.

>the entire Earth must be at a reasonable level of peace
because it's home for the dominant power, but think that you could have thousands of distant colonies in far out star systems attempting to be independent

To those guys, you want to just drop a few eggs and get the whole place cleaned for new humans that comply to arrive and keep working for you.
Again, if you can find an easy way to control the aliens or neutralize them, let's say make them follow a beacon you could drop eggs on a colony, get everyone killed, drop a beacon on the other side of the planet so they go there and nuke that small contained site and boom, you have an almost fully working colony ready to receive your guys. If you just nuke the colony you don't get shit or worst, you send marines and they get fucked in orbit even before they reach the ground. After a few failed missions like that and spending a lot you start seeing the appeal on just dropping some self mass produced weapon to do your biding.

We don't know, they still have nations and national militaries apparently. Some of the marines even discuss one of their previous missions at some point.

Also one of the original scripts for the sequel to Aliens was supposed to take place during some kind of space Cold War. It's obviously not canon but that just shows you there can still be conflicts.

>you could have thousands of distant colonies in far out star systems attempting to be independent

I never considered that but it makes a lot of sense

still, if you can't get your shit together to get only one specimen or effectively clean one of your own colonies gone to shit, it doesn't matter. Maybe in that case the best you can do is still get a specimen, assess what it can do and how to fuck it up in case another evil corp gets their hands on it and try to use it agains you.

Yeah well you don't always have unlimited supplies of ammo and vehicles during combat.
They still had an APC with pretty heavy firepower and a gunship but that didn't help them much.

No doubt armored vehicles would have smashed them in an open field but they can be pretty useful against infantry inside buildings.

Prometheus makes this very clear.