After staying away from the spotlight for over 15 years...

>After staying away from the spotlight for over 15 years, original Star Wars trilogy actor Alec Guinness finally spoke his mind about Episode 7. It appears that he is not too excited about the new entries in this old franchise.

>"It (Star Wars) is basically catering to man children now. It's sad really, to see that this new film simply recycles and rehashes what we had made almost 40 years ago. If anything it shows how afraid they think these men, for lack of better word, are of leaving their fantasy world, their safe space. But then again, when a franchise like this one reaches it's 7th film, maybe it is time to start worrying."

Wow, based Alec.

Mais, il est mort.

where did you read this?

Why lie, OP? You could've just posted the quote and said "MANCHILDREN BTFO!" Instead you threw in some bullshit about Episode VII even though it's common knowledge that Alec has been dead for over a decade.

This seems almost too good to be true

Nigga, please.

Died: August 5, 2000, Midhurst, United Kingdom

Do you talked with a necromancer or medium?

wow, a talking skeleton

Shit, I meant to say
>You could've posted this quote:
>"A sweet-faced boy of twelve told me proudly that he had seen Star Wars over a hundred times? I said, 'do you think you could promise never to see Star Wars again?' He burst into tears. I just hope the lad, now in his thirties, is not living in a fantasy world of secondhand, childish banalities"

He's dead, right?

>he was struck down
>then he became more honest than you can possibly imagine

>Luke, did I ever tell you about The Force Awakens? It's so shit, I literally became a Force Ghost just to tell you this. I am a good friend.

Aren't man children the most annoyed about episode 7? It panders to normies now, not fanatics.

2spooky

how can he be dead if he made these quotes?

panders to people who call themselves fanatics but not actual fanatics
>t. ex star wars fanatic

.....I don't want to google this because I'm sure he's dead. But that's hard to argue with.

>The Bridge on the River Kwai
>Lawrence of Arabia
>The Last Ten Days
>Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
and he gets remembered for being a space druid. fucking hell

Oh fuck, how did I get into this timeline?

Alec has been sniping at the s(pr)equels for years now.

alec guinness would be 102 years old if he were alive today.

That's why he became so bitter over Star Wars. He appeared in some of the greatest films of all time but most people cared more about some mindless entertainment that he did for a paycheck.

Bridge over river Kwai is shit user

Ice Cold In Alex is superior

Worthy trolling, but try picking someone who hasn't been dead 15 years next time

Truly, the forceful dead awakens

He must have been quite desperate for money in order to do it because honestly, Star Wars as a script is pretty fucking ridiculous

>Bridge over river Kwai is shit user
I loved it personally.

He got % of royalties. Star wars was his pension plan.

>Bridge over river Kwai is shit user

>Alec Guinness
Kek

I heard he turned down royalties for a fatter paycheck because he thought it would bomb

Sounds like a right winger. Are you sure those are not your own words OP?

He was one of the few people who believed the film had potential. During production he encouraged actors to take the material seriously and Hamill admitted he worked extra hard when in the presence of Guiness. Star Wars was a joke leading up to release and the stress to complete literally almost killed Lucas.

He's fucking dead ain't hey?

...and he was a good friend.

Bargain bin bait.

>Being this obsessed