W/ Westworld Thread General

Congratulations Dolores edition

Last thread:

Fuck off anime fag, use a proper image.

Why hire a hundred thousand security guards with rifles when all you FUCKING NEED IS 1 IT PERSON TO JUST OVERRIDE THE CODE

>Congratulations for being played by Ford like a fiddle

Maeve is the best written female character on this show.

because they're all hosts
why do the simple and easy thing when you can have an EPIC battle in your narrative?

Samurai World when?

Well the security guards are there in case the code can't be overridden nerd.

Wasn't Fordo on top of things?

caveman world when

written by ford

you mean written by Ford?

RIP Willores

>MiB: Don't you want that, Dolores? Huh? One true thing?
>Dolores: I already have that. I found someone true. Someone who loves me. His path will lead him back to me. And when he finds me, he'll kill you.

>MiB: To what do we owe this newfound stoicism?
>Dolores: I know he's coming. He'll find me. He'll take me away.
>MiB: Don't you understand? There's no one coming for you.
>Dolores: You're wrong. His love is real. So is mine. William will find me.

This breaks my fucking heart to be honest

why are fags so creepy

>Spend a bajillion dollars on guards
>Can't spend the time to make a manual override that will make the roboatos lose power

Fuck you

ya niggas dumb

when ford realized that he literally REMADE arnold to be EXACTLY the same as he used to be (wanted to free hosts and shit) he realized he can do EXACTLY the same same thing with himself. he made a host version of himself.

You shut your mouth or you're getting aids

A manual override? You mean actually putting them down? And I'm pretty sure they mentioned that they have bombs implanted onto the host that if they tried leaving the westworld area they'd blow up.

It's pretty obvious. Unknown secret host being made, the quote with the musicians becoming music like he'll become one of his hosts, the fact that if Dolores killed a host Ford her choice meant literally nothing if she didn't kill a real human bean etc.

so what's the guess for S2 boys? Was the Samurai World sneak peek just to show the audience there are other different "worlds" adjacent to WW or a more literal foreshadowing of SW for s2?

I mean a fucking button that will turn them off

Or do these robots have fucking infinite Duracell energy

>hey we programmed these robotos to wield weapons and guns
>Sure would be bad if something were to go wrong and hurt our employees
>Well the obvious solution if something does go wrong is to hire a highly trained militia so they can have an all out gun battle with the robots like in terminator

This is considered oscar worthy writing btw

Just finished the finale lads, I still don't understand what the maze is meant to represent, help a retard plebian out.

Why aren't the security guards proper trained in case of extreme emergency situation?

They allowed themselves to get picked off one by one and then find themselves in engages where robots can process, align aim and fire faster.

Why didn't they establish a perimeter and pre-aim the doorways?

You need to realise Hopkins is expensive actor to cast, as well as being 78 years old. He's not coming back.

what I'm thinking is she did actually kill the human ford, she just has a robo version ready to replace him

you don't even know if the "security team" wasn't bunch of hosts, part of Meave's storyline

why the fuck would they just keep bunch of hired soldiers at hand, just in case

does this show make sense to anybody yet?

>ywn experience true love again
>what feels real at the time seems like a cruel joke in hindsight
>The rest of your life will be a mediocre cascade into the abyss, desperately fumbling for meaning all the way down.

My man, why are you complaining about the dumbest thing imaginable? For you to "manually" override them you'd need to actually get close to them, but you can't cause they've gone rogue and telling them to freeze their motor functions doesn't work, so how exactly do you think you'd be able to turn them off if they can't obey commands?

they'll just replace him with kit harington and it'll all be fine

the security are hosts too
no human died on this show

It makes sense to people who aren't still stuck in high school.

self-consciousness

you need to have at least a bicameral mind to understand this show brah

I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and say they were so caught off guard by the idea of a host going wild, and that they were primarily trained to stop intruders.

EMP the military has tested such weapons before.

>Press button
>Bomb in their neck explodes

Oh sorry can they also hack the bomb
Hack the world too?

Beep boop beep
Hack the universe too

Solving the maze meant the host had become self aware. They basically proved they were real hooman beans.

>it's actually a brian

OH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

*tips phaedora*

big titty waifu soon

>Sup Forums has been predicting every single thing for weeks, explaining everything
>'I don't get it lol'

wait, episode 10 was the final? I thought there was 12 episodes lined up

>EMP

Wew lad.

Yeah, that was pretty sick

Kek. See you in 2018.

modeled from Storm Troopers

>using an EMP of an unknown radius inside of a facility of highly advanced electronics with no EMP shielding costing who knows how much
Why aren't you writing this show?!?

HACK THE PLANET

>Create themepark
>Day before it opens Copartner programs the hosts to murder him and then themselves
>Almost ruined
>Suddenly some rich weirdo comes along and pays for the whole thing because he REALLY likes the idea of a park that murders you
>New rich boss complains for 15 years that I'm not letting people commit suicide by robot
>Setup an elaborate "maze" for him by hiding codes in dialogue and random drawings on the wall and convince him that robot suicide is at the end just to keep him busy
>After 15 years of stringing him along I'm about to get fired
>Decide "fuck it"
>Throw a big party, invite boss
>Give a speech and kill myself via robot and program a robot army to kill everyone in my company
>My bosses face when he finally gets his glorious robot death

That is a good question though

What do the robots run on?
Do they charge up on batteries or?

they run on milk

literally ep 1 shit bro...

Fuck you it's the future. It runs on future tech. The guns run on future tech. The shrink ray runs on future tech. Everything is future tech

The viewer doesn't know what they run on, I imagine it isn't car battery though.

>mfw Westworld opened my eyes
>mfw I still believe God exists

if Arnold wanted to prevent the park from opening why didnt he just destroy all the date instead, like people in the present story-line worried that Ford might do?

what about the knives?

What? Electromagnetic pulses aren't science fiction, modern day militaries do have weapons that can produce an electromagnetic pulse.

So... can someone explain me why getting shot by your own robot is proof of consciousness?
I don't follow Arnold or Ford reasoning.

I wish it was Maeve who killed Ford just so I could see the butthurt here.

So what is black whores master plan

>Walk outside
>Fucking fall to the ground because the energizer bunny in her stomach runs out

Fuck this gay show
I should just stop thinking when I watch it

only Ford's kill is
Arnold "comanded" Dolores to do it, but with Ford it was her choice, a free will

Too much information about how they work will date it....like the original Westworld

As long as it is mostly magic it is easier to suspend disbelief.

I sure hope one of those writers got fired for that blunder.

Energizer bunny? Are you memeing or just dumb? Also Ford says that the hosts are designed to be immortal so I don't imagine they have a limited power supply, they don't even age!

the maze was created by arnold for the hosts

the whole idea of the maze was to get them to achieve a level of consciousness where they hear their own voice and not his

do you reckon you'd be okay if you hid in a fridge from that?

>Abernathy didn't comes back in the final episode as his crazy cultist self

If they have an unlimited power supply why is there only a limited amount of them in the park and why do they need to be turned off and put in storage

Why not just have them running as worker slaves all the time

he escaped with all of the parks memory stored in his brain after they programmed a hollow personality to get him out of the park unnoticed

oh yeah and all of this happened off camera and apparently didn't even matter in the end

thinking ruined for me also
so many plot holes

OK, these guys have had enough fun shooting up the town folk.
Jam their guns, send in the cavalry and throw them in jail.

Torture Logan for days......nothing happens

>Season 2
>Samurai World

You're assuming that the hosts run on electromagnetic pulses and that using an EMP wouldn't completely wreck the entire facility.

In the case of Arnold it isn't, he was just killing himself through her on having decided or discovered that she was genuinely conscious, with Ford he had ended up coming to the same conclusion but decided to let Delorean decide for her self on whether or not to kill him herself , the idea being that if she did kill him it would be further proof that she was conscious, not like it mattered anyways since he had planned the robot cowboy zombie apocalypse to come and kill him and the board anyways.

>Why not just have them running as worker slaves all the time

Well isn't that what Bernard is you pleb?

>Why do they need to be turned off and put in the storage

The robots that are in storage are the ones that malfunctioned.

That is fucking awful if true, literally true detectives part 2.

We needed more long drawn out Maeve scenes.

Because it costs money to make infinite energy machines
Because you put cars in the garage when they're broken or getting too old and you're too lazy/cheap to repair them
Because it's the future and they've harnessed cold fusion and thorium salt and antimatter and zero-point energy so they have infinite power

>See people who think it'd be great
>WAHHH THIS IS AWFUL

Truly can't please everyone.

>mentioned off hand that medical science has conquered disease
>getting killed is now possible in westworld
>suffering creates meaning
>only now will westworld allow one to truly find meaning

Maybe if stayed in it for 200+ years.

> Felix hides out pretending to be a host
> He only speaks English and whatever Japanese he picked up from anime
> The women in SW aren't all flat-chested manjaws

Come on, you'd love it

Given the smile MIB gave when he saw the squad roll up, I'm going to assume he wanted out too

>Finally make human-like AI
>He thinks they would run on batteries

arnold told dolores to kill him, ford gave dolores the choice and she made her own decision

Why not make these robots to just have an automatic, non overridable shut down command? I don't get this show, really breaks your suspension of disbelief to think they'd go that far to design a park like this without adding basic logical security protocols

>Arnold: Dead
>Ford: Dead
>Man In Black: Dead
>William: Dead
>Maeve: STILL NOT DEAD
>Felix: STILL NOT DEAD
>Dolores: STILL NOT DEAD

So all the good charters are dead and all the shitty characters are sticking around for season 2.

Great fucking job you killed your entire 2nd season before it even began. The least you could have done was give proper closure for those of us who aren't going to watch the train wreck of a S2 that will eventually come out.

>tfw MiB is the Stannis of WW
Am I gay or something, it seems I can't stop but love old stern men characters

If they have infinite power then why did only a small amount of robot slaves work on the construction for Ford

Ie, 1 worker can dig up 1 hole in 20 hours
2 can dig up 1 hole in 10 hours

Why not just put all the defected robots to a zero mind state and make them work all the time 24/7

> welcome to 90sWorld

>WAHH THEY KILLED GLENN IM DONE WATCHING THIS SHOW

That's how you sound.

timelines bro, the park was more dangerous when william/logan entered.

union rules

>>Man In Black: Dead

Do you peeps watch the show you complain about? I'd imagine it's so much hard work hating on something you don't even watch.

We have human Ai now and it runs on battery

William is not dead, Ed Harris is confirmed to return for season 2

We do, do we, where is it

they have a shrinked nuclear plant inside them

like stannis, it's implied MiB was killed yet we didn't see him die

So this means MiB wasn't trying to trigger Dolores' memories of things from 30 years ago or consciousness and that he probably did rape and kill her in that barn right?

because even after wiping them eventually they start remembering their past through the reveries update. it's been a major theme for the past few episodes. have you even been watching the show or are you just really dumb and old