Where does he rank among the great frontmen?

Where does he rank among the great frontmen?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8gA5MYU85Ow
youtube.com/watch?v=4Or8QahwlC4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What characteristics would you say great frontmen have?

Strong stage presence, charisma, confidence?

Definitely among the greats.

Voice is one in a million.

Frontman, meh. Voice stellar.

is that pewdiepie

Top 20 for his voice alone, watching him slowly die kept him down.

He wasn't exactly dynamic, but his vocal ability alone put him in top tier. He is an actual contender for greatest male singer of all time

I think so

He's the greatest male singer of all time.
I very recently went through their discog for the first time. What a fucking voice on that guy.

>He's the greatest male singer of all time.
Close tie between him and Cornell, imo
youtube.com/watch?v=8gA5MYU85Ow
>mfw 5:23

hes not liam gallagher

>mfw

I don't know why but Layne had a unique look, like something special in voice wise and looks and personality. Like he wasn't attractive nor ugly or unremarkable.

His son surpassed his deadbeat father by just a tiny bit more.

Up there with Cornell, Tyler, Elvis, and Cobain.

top kek

>Cobain
Kek

checked

Why do YOU feel like making such vague, sweeping generalizations when you've heard so little music?

Layne's voice is the stuff of legends. Sucks he couldn't get control over his addiction.

Amazing voice, shoud have not done drugs desu

>INTO THE FLOOD AGAIN
>SAME OLD TRIP IS WAS BAAAAAAACK THEEEEEEN

It's tricky as fuck. Drug abuse and the ramifications it comes with were a huge part of what made their music what it was.

are you trying to make fun of me buddy? because ill fite you right now

Self titled or Dirt?

Well, he was good, but he's no Bonn Scott

Dirt, but Again and Shame in You are amazing.

depends on my mood, if i fell like listening ""grunge"" then tripod, if i feel like listening to heavy metal the dirt

then if i'm sad i pick jar of flies or sap

If I'm being picky, I'd go with Dirt. God Am is their best song, but the live version is the best version of it, so it gets ruled out.

I know you're baiting, but Liam Gallagher's vocal performances from 1995 - 1996 are tough to contend with. Both of these gentlemen were the greatest in their own rights. Nobody could have done better vocals for Oasis. Nobody could have done better vocals for Alice in chains than the original lead singer. It would be a different band.

i wasn't baiting, liam just does it for me, that presence and looks is unreachable
youtube.com/watch?v=4Or8QahwlC4

His vocals put him up there, but his personality and stage presence held him back.
He was too much of a regular joe/sickly junkie to compete with the Robert Plants and David Lee Roths of the world.

Layne was the voice of my teens desu. AIC will always be my favorite