Is this the Burial - Untrue of the decade?

Is this the Burial - Untrue of the decade?

Other urls found in this thread:

pitchfork.com/features/article/why-burials-untrue-is-the-most-important-electronic-album-of-the-century-so-far/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>*blocks your path*

so many tribal bangers

electronic album of the year easily

its def a sleeper release. really fucking good.

None of the albums released this decade have the deepness of Untrue.

Burial's Untrue is the greatest album of the century. One of the greatest, at least.

Dark Energy is better.

untrue has one really track
just don't know why he repeated it over and over

street halo/kindred, or just kindred alone, is a million times better

retard, fever ray is burial now

what is this comic

i don't know how to form my own opinions so i parrot the opinions of others: the post

thats funny because you don't know how to explain why my opinion is wrong in the first place.

I wasn't immediately into this album, but after seeing her live I definitely need to give it another shot.

if by that you mean the only electronic album you've listened to this decade then yeah probably

No
Jlin is the only footwork artist being represented in the media and it's almost purely because of her race and gender.
We know how pitchfork and resident advisor are when it comes to stuff like this - they picked her cause she's one of the only decent artists in electronic right now who isn't white or male. It's the only reason that those publications are giving her any attention at all.

black origami is obviously a very cool album but there are dozens of stellar footwork albums (and tons of electronic releases in general) that were completely overworked due to the demographic of the producers

Jlin deserves the acclaim that she gets, but there are dozens of other people in the scene who deserve it as well. Do the electronic music community a favor and don't rely on pitchfork to make your taste for you.

name other good footwork artists then

DJ Rashad, DJ PayPal, DJ Earl or a good place to start

bleepfags are this full of themselves

i loved jlin's previous album i had no idea she released a new one

Lol no. That paragraph part is nonsense gibberish.

pitchfork.com/features/article/why-burials-untrue-is-the-most-important-electronic-album-of-the-century-so-far/

Case in point.

Okay, I'd totally give Untrue a 10 out of 10, but this is a stretch.

nigger noise

looool this is why pitchfork fucking sucks

its this. cmon.

pitchfork approved genre-tourist loved release of an underground dance genre primarily made by black people. in which its one of the only album of its genre most people will listen to?

definitely a numb er of similarities.

lol how many producers in the past have been underlooked because their black and/or a woman? stop acting like its special treatment. were just starting to see more inclusivity.

The real electronic AOTD

Pitchfork only knew about Jlin because of Aphex Twin. A good artist gave another good artist some attention and they blew up organically, with the indie media patting themselves on the back the whole way.

I'm all for inclusion but pitchfork clearly favors minorities. The screenshot i posted sums it up - many footwork artists are being overlooked because all the attention is going to jlin, which is a disservice to the entire footwork scene.

damn close

I'm pretty sure aphex twin didn't start talking about jlin until after dark energy was released, which pitchfork gave a good score to.

album title?

>mainly black genre
>"why is it being represented by black artists wtf pitchfork drones"

black origami
checked

obvious bait but thats not even his best work desu

>"ummmm so like you CAN'T listen to anything if you're IGNORANT of the entire genre!? it's REALLY problematic"

no

What about the male artists u spoon

Jlin really blew up because her last album got AOTY by The Wire. It had nice reviews, bot nowhere near the level of hype that surrounded this one