Absolute masterpiece

Absolute masterpiece

I'm only at episode 5 right now. So far I love the comedy and politics but I'm not enthralled with Lenny. Anti-heroes as a whole completely bore me after The Sopranos/Mad Men did all you could with that type without completely falling into power fantasies. Here it's his position that is more interesting than him though

At first I hated how stupid Lenny is and how he acts like he just wants to make everyone else's lives worse, but he gets better towards the end
but I also like him for how stupid he is sometimes, for example, the baby dropping scene

>Here it's his position that is more interesting than him though
That's kinda the point

>the baby dropping scene
That was great

will they make a second season? I wasn't really satisfied by the finale

Yes

would i enjoy this if i haven't gone to church in 15 years

did he die in the end?

>DUDE CHRISTIANS ARE EVIL LMAO
This narrative is so boring now.

I'M SEXY AND I KNOW IT

>Are you homosexual, user?

so?

It's not necessary for the religious.

Yes.
t. former catholic altar server and usher, now atheist

>hating fags
>hating on aborting women
>hating pedos
how's that evil you cuck?

It's time for your snack Your Holliness.

Would someone who is religious enjoy this show?

Yes

Yes if you are Muslim or Jew

Where are you guys watching this?

I guess.
Maybe not if they're the easily offended type. But they tend to be stupid so they might take the Pius XIII as the best pope ever.

your mom's house

in bed with your mum

f-for y-you your holiness

Europe.
Apparently it's going to premiere in US on HBO in 2017.

This show makes me want to become a priest

I've been to three funerals this year and found suffering through mass almost worse than the deaths, and I've been enjoying the show.

Thanks for the genuine answer.

The first 5 episodes are very uneven, with Lenny dragging down the show in almost all of his scenes.

His crisis of faith, and existencial crap are all so poorly done. His antagonizing everyone doesn't achieve anything, there's a lot of tension that doesn't add up to anything. All that I got from those scenes was that Lenny was being an spoiled brat, and this was later confirmed in his last conversations with Spencer.

When Lenny stops power tripping the show gets good, from episode 6 to 10, the secondary characters really get to shine and Lenny finally shows signs of hard-earned character development.

Overall I give the show a 8/10, with episode 9 being a 10/10.

Jude Law is phenomenal in it.
And his latin is almost perfect.

same

yes
catholic here

why, are you gay?

>That episode 8 speech
>That episode 9 & 10 ending

SOTY guys

Is this the dawn of the Judeaissance?

The first 5 episodes were clearly stronger than the last five. Better writing friendo.

His American accent is almost perfect too. Most brits just tone down their own accent to sound american or adopt a poorly done regional one, but his really sounds authentic in ways that made me forget he was British

>t. former catholic altar server and usher, now atheist
wew

>DUDE WHITE AMERICANS ARE EVIL LMAO
>DUDE CATHOICS ARE EVIL LMAO
fuck off, kikes.

>usher
In all my churches growing up they usually just pulled the two men closest to the back door to do that, was it a titled job in yours?

>mfw Maradona STILL on drugs

The show literally never implied that

The first 5 episodes were a black comedy with pretty dreamlike sequences, there was not much substance.

punishment for calumny against the Pope (no trial):
Alaska
punishment for fucking dozens of little kids:
Alaska

Yeah, it was the same people every time

>tend to be stupid
What did he mean by this?
I've found there are an equal number of idiots, either religious or not. It's more of a contemporary society problem than anything else.

>suffering through mass
>literally just kneel, stand, sit, and listening to some people talk about life for an hour with optional singing and donations

>buttfuck nowhere, alaska

>unpleasant
>not near kids

Seems appropriate

>(no trial)

The Pope can send cardinals where he wants

Alaska was hell all along

What time period is this supposed to be? Looks like 60s-80s from the ads.

near future

20XX

2015 onward

makes reference to Higuain in Napoli

>disrupt and prolong the grieving process for a series of rehearsed speeches (they did a Lazarus bit at each one) on how it was good the person died with 5 interchangeable songs throughout
>then drive to a cemetary for a second seperate speech by the priest on the same thing
Once was fine but three in 5 months showed how much of a formality it is, I don't think death should be treated so impersonal

Present-future, smartphones and pads are used.

>christians cannot sin

???

>now atheist

Easily offended religious people tend to be stupid. Not just religious people. I guess we can take 'religious' out but in this context it's appropriate.

Yes, it doesn't portray the church as negative apart from a couple of details, and sprinkles genuine catholic redpills in the dialogue throughout.
t. cradle Catholic