youtube.com/watch?v=as_4O2ViPfc
youtube.com/watch?v=NCpGCpHfaSs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Helllo reddit.

I thought it's universally considered one of the best comedies ever

Fuck off

kys

hang yourself.

It is, but you should know by now that every Sup Forums board has a collectively-held contrarian opinion about popular things in their respective subjects.

>Sup Forums, what do you make of this?

Do you like movies about gladiators?

someone told you otherwise? well just fyi they probably sucks dicks.

Yes, many people here.

Contrarian shitposters, the lot of them!

The Naked Gun series and movies are better.

Still cracks me up every time.

don't listen to Sup Forums, ever.

youtu.be/NJhGfjW1-fA

>Ricardo montalban

American fart """"""""""humor"""""""". Literally kys redditor

How do you take your coffee?

-Black. Like my men.

so fuckin funny still

Name a better comedy.

I literally can't

The blues Brothers?

Borat
Don't pretend to be me or my wife's son ever again faggot

Most people like it though. You shouldn't listen to retards.

on this site everything has to be shit, check Sup Forums. actually, no, don't. ever.

Impossible, but I can recommend comedies that are farcical and have high jokes-per-minute
Blazing Saddles
Wet Hot American Summer
(the following suggestions are less serious)
UHF
Kung Pow

Airplane
Naked Gun
Top Secret

Any more?

Monty Python and the Holy Grail

youtube.com/watch?v=cEVTQHiAQRA
Sup Forums should love this movie.

vidya is actually dead tho

His face was priceless. Such a beta orbiter lil shit

>>Kung Pow

Y don't you stream it, if your so great?

Dr. Stangelove
But Airplane! is probably the second best

"The red zone has always been for the immediate loading & unloading of passengers, there's no stopping in the white zone!"

"Don't you tell me which zone is for loading and which zone is for stopping."

"Oh, Betty, stop with your white zone shit again."

"You know it has nothing to do with the zones at all. You just want me to have an abortion."

>The Reddit brothers
>Blazing reddits
>Wet Hot American Reddit
>Reddit pow
Monty python and the holy Reddit
Dr. Reddit

your pick sucks. borat is shock humor not funny

not cool, downvoted

>when mommy hasn't brought you tendies yet

>Borat > Airplane!

this
youtube.com/watch?v=NpPo38jNUUE

said no one ever

Life of Brian is better imo.

Is Wet Hot American Summer really that well-liked?

Damn maybe I need to watch it again my friends think it's hysterical but I barely laughed the whole time

Literally never seen anyone dislike Airplane! here or pretty much anywhere.

who was he?

An hour later and nobody acknowledges the 5 quints.

Any more?

ever see a grown man naked?

Noone cares about your get faggot

Al Ben Flekki?

>quints
It was weak sauce

What a waste of gets.

It's Kareem Abdul Jabar you plebs.

The meaning of life

why would a professional basketball player be flying a plane?

History of the World.

>tfw there was no part 2

>ywn see Hitler on Ice
>ywn see A Viking Funeral
>ywn see Jews in Space

>Cigarette?
>Yes I know
>Well

What made this movie so funny? And what is it about this movie that it couldn't be replicated to the same degree nowadays?

Australians get butthurt as fuck when you call it 'Airplane'. Apparently it was released as 'Flying
High' there.

i was young as hell when i first saw this on HBO. this scene made me lose my shit

youtube.com/watch?v=aZdp46Jen_w

xD poopie!

nice

You nervous?
>Yeah.
This your first time?
>No, I've been nervous before.

>made me lose my shit

i see what u done there user

>I got it! He was traded to the cubs for Reggie Jackson

>the grandma who spoke jive

youtube.com/watch?v=g0j2dVuhr6s

Probably the same reason he would fight Bruce Lee.

Anyone?

I can understand not liking it. There's no narrative really, it's more like a collection of short sketches. It's not exactly subtle humor so unless you really feel like you missed something I wouldn't suggest rewatching it.

Just found out there's a sequel. Any good?

I think it was that the actors played it strait. Nobody knew they were in a comedy so there was no AHHAHA moments within the film.

Think about it: Flashback to 'Nam...bar scene...shit goes crazy. Creative freedom made it funny.

Not as good as Airplane! but it has Shatner...so it's kind of a trade-off. It's the same basic concept but on a space ship.

>my friends think it's hysterical but I barely laughed the whole time
The kind of humor people are talking about in this thread really isn't for everyone. You probably just didn't think it was funny.

>strait

Over Macho Grande?

I just want to tell you good luck and we're all counting on you.

Top Secret! is in the same vein as this movie, check it out if you liked Airplane!

Also, Murder by Death is another similar film gem that often gets forgotten.

Fun fact: in French, it's called "Is there a pilot on this plane?"

Kek. I've seen this movie about 8 times and it never fails to make me laugh

buncha youngfags ITT. the reason why Airplane! was so funny is because it parodied all the disaster flicks of the 70's. those disaster flicks were ironically funny themselves because they made huge allstar cast spectacles out of tragic events.

it's the same reason scary movie is so funny. they basically parodied scream which was a tryhard attempt at being a clever horror movie by poking fun at horror tropes.

Now this is unironically reddit. Fucking kill yourself.

I'll never get over Macho Grande.

From 2:35-2:55 needs to be captured as a reaction webm. Let's get our best scientists on this.

no it's the truth. lemme guess you're one of those badasses who thinks the big lewbowski is so fucking amazing but it's as overrated as all fuck

>Kung Pow
Damn I loved that movie growing up
>Blazing Saddles
Crazy how well this movie holds up, wish comedies like this could still be made for the general public

pic related might be reddit but it's probably my favorite 80s comedy

One thing the Zucker Bros did well was just throw a joke at the viewer every two seconds or so. No, not all work. But at that rate of fire, if 10% of the jokes work, you're gonna laugh every 20 seconds or so. It also lends to the general "silliness" of it all. Naked Gun, Airplane, Dumb and Dumber all followed the same "throw it against the wall and see what sticks" method.

The only ones that TRIED to replicate it were all of the stupid Wayan "spoof" movies that somehow still seem to come out. Problem with those is that even though they throw a joke at you every few seconds, their hit ratio is like 1% or so, unless you find references to other movies to be hilarious, which I don't.

Doesn't hurt that Leslie Nielson had a godlike ability to deadpan deliver the dumbest lines ever, as did everyone else in their films. The "Scary/Epic/Date" movie shit was always done with a wink and a nod, which was lame.

Just my opinion, but whatever.

Below is one of my favorite stupid ass lines from any of the Naked Guns.

youtube.com/watch?v=as_4O2ViPfc

youtube.com/watch?v=NCpGCpHfaSs

That's a lot of projecting newfriend.

Joey... you ever hang around a gymnasium?

the zuckers practically foretold humor internet sites like 9gag with their brand of humor.

no, that's Roger Murdock, he's the co-pilot

here you go brother. i didn't like kung pow at first but i watched a lot with Sup Forums and it grew on me.

>you should know by now that every Sup Forums board has a collectively-held contrarian opinion about popular things in their respective subjects.
[citation needed]

Yet another thread where op claims that Sup Forums trashed a movie but it ends up being good. And lo and behold, another faggot claims that Sup Forums is filled with contrarians.

Meme magic doesn't work for you retards.

your wrong about the wayans. their philosophy is making the audience go, "oh no they di'nt" with every joke granted it worked best with in living color. it worked for scary movie and almost worked for white chicks. e.g. when the dude busted a nut in the bed. nobody anticipated what came next and the audience was screaming with laughter because the scene was so over the top and unexpectedly lewd at the same time

>Spaceballs 2: The Search for More Money

It's got Robert Stack. it's awesome.

Airplane was best when I was 13, and saw it in the theater. Several years later, watching it on a motel's television, it lost quite a bit. For one, the opening is glorious in full screen.

If you watch Murder by Death, you should watch The Cheap Detective.

Come on now.

It is comedykino, and I say this unironically.

So good.

One of the best comedies ever.

Borat is funny, don't be dumb.