What does Sup Forums think of Gojira?

What does Sup Forums think of Gojira?

Used to be one of my favorite bands when I was really into progressive metal and rock, but I've sort of drifted away from prog these days.

Excellent album. Where Dragons Dwell is beyond pristine.

At first meh

But with the years I really learned to enjoy it and I got a lot of respect for them

Fucking amazing live.

They aren't masters of composition or whatever, but they know how to write beefy riffs and Mario's a hell of a drummer. They get brutally memed on here, I don't really know why. My favorite album is the Link, my least favorite is Magma. Really wish Joe's balls would drop again so we could have the kind of vocals we had pre-FMtS. Anybody here that's heard Mario do gutturals, you know that he's much better-suited for that role. He's a pretty good guitar player, too.

They're overrated, I get it, but they're still a cut above most "Top 40" metal bands and they put on a hell of a show.

Their latest album fucking sucks.
I grew up listening to them thinking "shit, there's nothing better than this". I was 8 when I first started listening to them. I started with "Blow me away you" and it, indeed, blew me the fuck out. I was unaware of how brutal music can be at the time. I had no internet and I was unaware of music stores so I listened to the same song for years. Then I got internet and I downloaded the whole discography. Shit fucking destroyed my brain, was headbanging like a crazy little fuck. Favorite album is From Mars to Sirius. Their tribal themes and the sense of grandeur and space shit their albums give you are unique and you can feel the tool influence they have in their occult themes.
Then fucking Magma comes with clean vocals and less tribal themes. Whatever, they are overrated cunts who got to money. The album got delayed because they "needed to make sure they were giving it their 100%". Everyone will defend this shitshow of an album, whatever, to each his own I guess. I moved on to black metal anyway.

>Everyone will defend this shitshow of an album

Everyone? Also, the clean singing was the least of my grievances with Magma, I actually like the sound of Joe's cleans with that reverb. It all had to do with the songwriting, and how little they used their sharpest tool: Mario. I'm sure they're making more money now, but there's a point where every musician hits fatigue, rich or no. They're all fathers, Joe's getting into other kinds of music and the twins' mother died, which probably pushed some harder material over in favor of something more sentimental to them. Everything that goes into an album is a lot more contextual than people realize. Maybe it's a dud and they'll bounce back, maybe they won't. All I know is that I hope Mario keeps doing his thing.

>I moved on to black metal anyway

You know you don't have to listen to genres exclusively, right? I mean, there's more than black metal, and there's harder music than black metal.

>Everyone?
A week after release Sup Forums was still saying it's good. I tried shilling against it but I fucked off to Sup Forums
>It all had to do with the songwriting, and how little they used their sharpest tool: Mario
This.
I guess I should stop getting so emotionally invested in a band or just be more understanding.

By that I meant I'm listening to more black metal. I was never a fan but in the past year it's been growing on me.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALE

>A week after release Sup Forums was still saying it's good

/metal/ was having 365 consecutive field days of shitting on it. I'm pretty much guaranteeing that most of the positive posts you saw were them being ironic.

From Mars to Sirius is fucking great and Enfant Sauvage is pretty good too

Fucking hell.
Got me good.

From Mars to Sirius is pretty great, especially Flying Whales but their best album is The Way Of All Flesh. Fight me.

>YOU HAVE THE POWA TO HEAL YOURSEEEEEEEEEEELF

>Metal album
>No solos

NU
U

I like Vacuity the most.
>REMAIN IN WHAT YOU...ARE, THE CENTER OF YOUR LIIIFE

The only guitar solos that add anything to the composition and aesthetic of a song are the ones that are half-ass melodic, and those get tossed into the nu-male/soybody/whatever the fuck bin anyway.

>Composition and aesthetic

If your metal is "above" energetic shredding it's gay.

Okay.

soft rock dronefest

Great band, both Live & Studio, saw them at Red Rocks this year. Their latest album "Magma" is really solid, heavy riffs and tremendous groove. I don't get all the hate towards them.

Went from really liking to them to thinking that they're okay

what kind of comment is this.

you live in opposite land, user?