Which country produces the best punk music?

Which country produces the best punk music?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=P1zQHQdl8Ec
youtube.com/watch?v=MLvo73sn7jk
youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ4knZm2nYY
youtube.com/watch?v=Bi16l0xC9Xs
youtube.com/watch?v=4_J4fgB_RHs
youtube.com/watch?v=-LwnGT4INpY
youtube.com/watch?v=MY492-_3td4
youtube.com/watch?v=oG_TzYDYgBM
youtube.com/watch?v=WSnOwmEnuLs
youtube.com/watch?v=x2pDNUVpVfA
clownsband.bandcamp.com/album/bad-blood-2
youtube.com/watch?v=43Ti5J0T-Xo
youtube.com/watch?v=xZWcOWj2wj0
youtube.com/watch?v=vvWEKhGU6X4
youtube.com/watch?v=vtjzgfuSL-k
youtube.com/watch?v=jQYYDDiHLOQ
youtube.com/watch?v=WymgZtZPFlo
youtube.com/watch?v=zQxba8NBW2A
youtube.com/watch?v=MhJClTwiiUU
youtube.com/watch?v=XO5SsmIBUo0
youtube.com/watch?v=K-NAhJkEUc4
youtube.com/watch?v=9sCWp795Mlw
youtube.com/watch?v=1EHY7i745XQ
youtube.com/watch?v=nTJWfK7GTJU
youtube.com/watch?v=A4MMEsMIBMg
youtube.com/watch?v=w6UuzVIjaMo
youtube.com/watch?v=swBE98NP8HQ
youtube.com/watch?v=vK9fW9-vrXA
youtube.com/watch?v=7Oxqf_15k0w
youtube.com/watch?v=sKNO_EC6Phg
youtube.com/watch?v=lUZo_4pPIqg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

your least favorite country

None currently.

oh no not india

>punk is dead

the country that is most geographically opposite to yours

So is your mind, evidently.

peru unironically

People still think punk is a thing? What is high school like in 2017 OP?

Britain created Oi!, the most soyboy crushing subgenre of Punk.
youtube.com/watch?v=P1zQHQdl8Ec
https

>most soyboy crushing subgenre of Punk
Thats not New York Hardcore
youtube.com/watch?v=MLvo73sn7jk

Aren't punks soyboys themselves?

Better believe it.

>listens to Demolición once

What you smoking, Oi isn’t soyboy. Bands like the Cockney Rejects are pretty based and red pilled.

emo's took over punk and ruined it, any wannabe can be a punk now

It wasnt always that way but "punks" these days are puss, even the hardcore scene is marshmellow soft. When did having left leaning views = being an effete pussy?

You say that because you're out of the loop. You don't know anything that's happening in punk right now.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ4knZm2nYY
youtube.com/watch?v=Bi16l0xC9Xs
youtube.com/watch?v=4_J4fgB_RHs
youtube.com/watch?v=-LwnGT4INpY
youtube.com/watch?v=MY492-_3td4
youtube.com/watch?v=oG_TzYDYgBM
youtube.com/watch?v=WSnOwmEnuLs

punk is gay

Whatever you say, inbred faggot.

Japan

get madder bitch

Nice projecting, inbred faggot.

nice projecting, little bitch

Your "I know you are, but what am I?" defense is proof of your inbred status.

I'm a part of what some people call the "alt-right" and it feels punk as fuck. It feels like an actual counter culture, or rebellion against the PC culture that dominates American colleges.

Your post about projecting is just that, you seething bitch lol but you probably didn't know that, guess you outed yourself as a bitch AND a retard

That's just incoherent. Now you are, without a doubt projecting, because you've stopped making sense. That's a sure sign that you're fuming. And since the insinuation of calling you an inbred is that you're retarded, you're literally still using the "I know you are, but what am I?" defense. This is sad, I almost feel bad for how retarded you are.

Guess when you get called out on your idiocy you can't do anything but play the n-no you! card lol you're mad because I insulted your shitty music which is why you're still replying like a bitch

It doesn't.
youtube.com/watch?v=x2pDNUVpVfA

Speaking of which, Australia's punk rock right now is fantastic. I think this album is one of the best punk albums ever realeased
clownsband.bandcamp.com/album/bad-blood-2

Faggot bitch.

No, I just thought it would be fun to call you names, since that's what you're into. But my whole point through all of this, as I've literally said repeatedly, is that all you can come up with is "no, you!" Now you're literally just repeating what I've said back to me. How are you this retarded?

punk is gay and you're a faggot

now respond like a butthurt bitch lol

BAHAHA
now you're double posting. You're so upset over being called a name that it's amazing! I want to make you scream and hit your computer.

>m-more than one person thinks I'm a faggot? IMPOSSIBLE!

Okay, enough of this. This guy's too upset, and too dumb.

But for everyone else, check out the stuff I posted here: Most of those bands are crust because that scene's interesting right now, but Terror is beatdown and Noi!se is a straightforward punk band

Nice copout fag

keep going, little buddy

If punk is so dead, why do people have to keep coming into punk threads to tell us about it?

You too, angry bitch

sure, but it's still gay when someone calls it "punk"
why anyone would self apply that term is a mystery

you keep forgetting. typical for brainlets such as yourselves. but don't worry, we're here to help.

No what I mean is, why do people give so much of a shit? If we're all brainlets fucking leave us be. Spend your time on something you enjoy, not trying to stop people from enjoying what we enjoy,

> falling for pasta
you're so new it hurts

sorry im not familiar with every obscure pasta on this site, autist

Last vid sounded like a gayer version of breaking benjamin. The rest of those aren't punk or crustpunk at all. All of those sucked though.

> being this furious
Wow, you're the guy bitching at the videos, huh? I really think you need to step away from your computer, maybe eat something, take a shower, and think about your life.

Those are all pretty straightforward crust. If you think they aren't then you don't know what crust is. The last is oi!. You're really and at this.

*bad at this

that's actually someone else but keep projecting bud

No, it's you. Obvious from your word choice. Keep pretending, though.

Everyone who's not the fucking idiots bickering about genres, ignore them and post some punk rock
youtube.com/watch?v=43Ti5J0T-Xo

bump

there's nothing remotely close to punk in india

youtube.com/watch?v=xZWcOWj2wj0

I think he's saying that Oi! crushes the soy boy.... not that "Oi! is soy boy". Funny wording, but I think that's what user was getting at.

Heard GG allin is popular in India

UK, probably.

youtube.com/watch?v=vvWEKhGU6X4

lmao @ eurofag metalcore being "punk"

Not a single one of those is metalcore.

dont stop u guys this is gold

how is terror still even around? i used to listen to lowest of the low and one with the underdogs in high school and really wanna punch shit.

calls em as i sees em junyah

They somehow have been able to make the same damn album for over a decade. This is why hardcore needs to follow the 2 Lp or 3 year rule.

Nah it is metalcore, certainly not "punk". Not that I think there is anything wrong with metalcore, the label just got dragged through the mud thats all.

USA
S
A

You two literally don't know anything about punk genres.

Most of those are crust punk, not metalcore. They're two entirely different genres. The second to last is beatdown hardcore, which was a big influence on metalcore, but it still isn't metalcore.

You literally just don't understand these genres.

Come on dude, it is like you think being metalcore is bad or something. None of this shit sounds like Discharge or Doom. I am not even saying I do not like any of these bands, Alpinist is fire. They just are not "punk" bands because punk died in 1981.

No. I'm not saying metalcore is bad. I'm saying they're not metalcore because they're not metalcore.

I would actually say the Discharge/Doom sound is pretty apparent in Martyrdöd. The others are all "neocrust," which is a slower, bigger sounding style that has more to do with early bands like Amebix and Axegrinder than the Discharge side. It sounds like you don't know very much about crust.

not even the best song on the album

I just never cared much for it outside of d-beat tbqh. Still neocrust is more metal/thrash than punk.

here are the early bands I'm referring to: youtube.com/watch?v=vtjzgfuSL-k
youtube.com/watch?v=jQYYDDiHLOQ

Canada

They are very metallic, but it's still pretty clearly punk, especially in a cultural sense.

The idea that punk died in '81 is ridiculous. So you don't think Fugazi is a punk band? The problem is, I'm trying to speak to your definition of punk, which is completely different from the rest of the world's. I really think you just need to do a little more research.

thiz

Punk rock doesn't match the magic of this work of art.

Calling those bands crust is like calling megadeth black metal.

But it has always been subjective? I actually dont consider Fugazi as a punk band why do you think most people label them post-hardcore. I am admittably being totally arbitrary with when punk died but you cant seriously think people are adhering to tge sane ethics and diy principles of their forebearers? Sure you can still play the genre and adopt the aesthetic but the spirit is dead, it got too conformist and commercial.

nice

I really don't think you know much about punk, then. Most of the original London and New York bands were trying to make it. Sure, some bands were really out there like the no wave bands, Richard Hell & The Voidoids, Suicide, and so on, but the strictly DIY, anti-commercial, radical politics part of the movement didn't really happen until the anarcho-punk scene with Crass and all the bands that followed them. That technically started in '78-ish, but the anarcho scene, leading into the crust scene, didn't really get big until the early 80s. As for the American side, things didn't really get political until about 1980-ish, and the most deliberately political regional scene would be the DC scene that really went through two phases, the hardcore phase from '80 to '83, and the post-hardcore phase that lasted from about '84 to '92.

As for commerciality and conformity, one of the biggest punk scenes right now is the crusty folk punk scene, and I don't really see how you can make those claims about that scene.

That's fucking stupid. See: His Hero is Gone.

I know all about that boring shit man, making assumptions my dude. Folk punk is fucking comedy, you gotta be kidding me. Eh, it just doesnt feel as vibrant and vital kids arent digging it anymore. Punk is dead mane, deal with it.

>clownsband.bandcamp.com/album/bad-blood-2
This is fucking great. Thanks.

Is Fall of Efrafa crust?
youtube.com/watch?v=zQxba8NBW2A

Yes. In fact, the first band I posted on features the same singer.

There are a couple distinct sides to crust. One is the more d-beat side of bands that followed Discharge and GISM, one is the part that led into grindcore (Napalm Death, Sore Throat, Extreme Noise Terror, etc.), and one is the neocrust scene that followed the slower, more metallic bands like Axegrinder and Amebix. The pivotal band for all that was His Hero is Gone, which led to bands like Fall of Efrafa.

UK, USA, Japan, Mexico/Latin America, Australia, French and sweeden would be my top choices for countries with good punk

UK
youtube.com/watch?v=MhJClTwiiUU

USA
youtube.com/watch?v=XO5SsmIBUo0

Japan
youtube.com/watch?v=K-NAhJkEUc4

Latin America
youtube.com/watch?v=9sCWp795Mlw

Australia
youtube.com/watch?v=1EHY7i745XQ

French
youtube.com/watch?v=nTJWfK7GTJU

Sweedish
youtube.com/watch?v=A4MMEsMIBMg

Bonus1:

Italian
youtube.com/watch?v=w6UuzVIjaMo

Bonus2:

Puerto Rico
youtube.com/watch?v=swBE98NP8HQ

Here's another really good one from Japan.
youtube.com/watch?v=vK9fW9-vrXA

This is more punk then anything. Listen and be woke at.

What do yall think of Brutalism which came out this year?

youtube.com/watch?v=7Oxqf_15k0w

Australia.
That's it.

youtube.com/watch?v=sKNO_EC6Phg

no shit! i was going to post this.
this band rules

Japan. dont believe me listen to. Midori,junk schizo, L.S.D,masturbation

>Midori
youtube.com/watch?v=lUZo_4pPIqg
Holy shit this is amazing. I believe you, user.

Oh you’re quite right, I stand corrected.

Punk Country

So you all like Oi!? U.K. 82 style Brit/Street Punk? Hardcore? D-Beat? Crust? Trad 77 style punk? NYC 77 style punk?

None of these subgenres can hold a candle to the punk rock being produced on the Sentinal Island. I tell you that shit is BRUTAL!

Shit yeah they are, first saw them at the Bennies Spliffmas show last year, they were throwing presents into the crowd, it was wild

manchester mate

The Basque country, Basque Radical Rock is the last thing to be somewhat close to punk with some following in the region it was originated and true to the origins of punk, as BRR was originated by rebellious people in economic crisis with real problem, not in any rich country by middle class people that didn't have anything to rebel about so they took punk to suffice they're need to rebel even though they didn't have anything to rebel about.

Any punk after the 70s anywhere else doesn't matter to anyone and isn't real punk.