>mediafire.com/download/zq35xorj2iaqh22
Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb
Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
>mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Caline-CP-24-10-Band-equalizer-Effects/dp/B01EPWGF8O/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1513728840&sr=8-2&keywords=10 band equalizer pedal
vocaroo.com/i/s0mr30yGGyVW
vocaroo.com/i/s0PJtSu9HwlQ
youtube.com/watch?v=2vRPmJx8bYs
youtube.com/watch?v=NXpq6XZDRBI
vocaroo.com/i/s0SIrtFHoODP
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fact alert: malmsteen is the greatest guitarist

This is a reminder that a $37 10 band EQ pedal can do more for your tone than any expensive tonewood, expensive pickups or expensive amp.

I stopped using 2.0s. They make my hand tired. (It could be the lack of grip that I'm compensating for.) It's looking like the mid-sized Petruccis are where I'm headed next.

prove it

What is an EQ pedal and what do they do?

EQ = Equalizer.

show me a $37 eq pedal

What does an Equalizer pedal do?

Literally who

Anyone have any good guitar or bass lesson/theory whatever PDFs?

it equals tone as proven by this famous equation,

eP = T

Can you elaborate further?

Also what do "compressor pedals" do?

amazon.com/Caline-CP-24-10-Band-equalizer-Effects/dp/B01EPWGF8O/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1513728840&sr=8-2&keywords=10 band equalizer pedal

What about a 6 band

Why would you buy any pedal that's less than at least 100 bucks? I wouldn't even enjoy playing the guitar. I would just feel like a weak poor loser while knowing I would have a much better tons if I had just saved up more money.

Caline makes clones of expensive pedals. By clones I mean they literally copy the internal schematics so they sound exactly the same. That's a clone of a $130 MXR EQ. If you want to waste $130 on something that sounds exactly the same as a $37 pedal that's your prerogative.

Sure, that equation was written none other than the great genius Paul Reed Smith. Let e stand for Einstein (since sound and physics work well together), P stand for Paul Reed Smith (bless him), and T for tinnitus (what happens if your tone is too powerful). The EQ pedal is essential to maintain that tone.

Compressor pedals compress your tone to get a low fi sound such heard by black metal groups, The Microphones, and Ween.

why waste more than 100 bucks for something you can get for less than 50, you make no sense
>muh quality

it's the fucking same thing

I like the feel and sound of jazzmasters, but the tele look is more appealing. Is there a compromise?

i get weird and nervous when practicing guitar or bass

i hate fucking up and i hate practicing even though i love the idea of playing an instrument

does anyone know this feel

Cheap pedals often introduce noise. Haven't played one that didn't. I have a donner looper coming so I'll see if the new generation of Chinese clones is any better (doubt it)

Custom tele body from rosser guitars routed for jazzmaster pickups and hardware

jazzmaster pickups in a tele body

I sold my $3k Two Rock Crystal 22 (combo) and got am $80 used Marshall MG15FX [spoiler]and surprisingly don't regret it. [/spoiler]

Fav guitar albums?

Telecaster

opening track is a fucking spectacle
good stuff throughout but Teeth Like God's Shoeshine is the best indie guitar song I ever heard

I pluck with my fingers to make bassy sounds. It is really fun.

vocaroo.com/i/s0mr30yGGyVW

Thanks for the rundown

kek

I get this feel anytime I know anyone is listening, whether they are in another room or close by. Also anytime someone ask me to sing(which I can't), I get really passive agressive and defensive about why I don't want to.

I used to do this but then I learned to sing.

Checked

Please tell me how you learned. I'm tired of nobody giving a fuck about me playing guitar because I don't sing

Rate my poorfag gear

My Calines don't introduce noise.

Seafoam Green strat with a maple fretboard instead of rosewood.

Yay or nay?

>no individual saddles for intonation
vomit

I got really into jamiroquai and sang along for a year. Also classic country. Try to match timbre, pitch, and inflection.
Don't listen to singers with shitty voices like Mointain Goats or Bob Dylan anymore .

I've been working on writing melodies and have struggled but I seemed to get better recently.
vocaroo.com/i/s0PJtSu9HwlQ

Warning: I write normie tier acoustic pop.

Sounds pretty good man. Inspires me to learn to sing. When I sing along to the radio on the way to work I feel like I sound great but when I just sing along to my acoustic guitar it always sounds awful and I can't sing and play at the same time well yet

Thanks.

It will come, learn some simple covers like iron and wine or city and colour. Something with a simple strum pattern. Really play-singing has the most to do with your right hand and ability to count multiple rhythms at the same time. Kind of like drummers do. You're counting with your right hand, left hand, and mouth at the same time. Drummers count with every limb at the same time.

Esp confirmed for chink trash

DAILY REMINDER:
If your gear was made anywhere other than america you will never be good.
If you use strings lighter than 10's you will never be good
If you think Billy Gibbons is talented you will never be good
If you play a gibson or a fender you will never be good
If you use any pedal other than an od (only one) you will never be good

>tfw japanese master race

Looking at getting a used Cort M600 for $300. Good deal?

Yea! That works, if your image can withstand the color.

All five apply to me and I'm better than you.

Telecaster

Is Guitar Moves kino?
youtube.com/watch?v=2vRPmJx8bYs

>Made in Japan
>Chink

>individual saddles for intonation
could be an American Fender and is still a better instrument.

Barrel saddles are straight up sexy though.

>I care more about aesthetics than function

Not the guy you're arguing with, but you can intonate 3 barrel bridges. Just takes a lot of patience and a few tricks. Plus, you can buy compensated saddles.

No fuck off

>you can intonate 3 barrel bridges
Elaborate.

Oh sorry, I forgot /gg/ is extremely autistic. My bad guys.

I don't know how to elaborate on that. It can be done. THe most common trick is to bend the middle screw, making the middle barrel sit crooked. It wouldn't have lasted this long if it was impossible to intonnate.

>I forgot /gg/ is extremely autistic.
dont let it happen again

youtube.com/watch?v=NXpq6XZDRBI

Do your homework, but in general Cort has some tremendous values. They are the factory that OEMs the G&L Tribute series. I have a G260 that I love. I would love to also own a G280 (Superhawk knockoff).

>lighter than 10's you will never be good
See pic related and:

I will assume it can't be done unless you can prove otherwise.

Just look it up fool. I don't have to prove shit.

Sounds like you're just making this up really

I'm not playing this game with you tonight.

Matin Courtney from Real Estate uses one of those. Yay.

Not him. I can't wrap my head around the concept of precise intonation with only 3 saddles. It seems logically impossible.

>*Update
Fuck the Petruccis. They suck tone like a sponge. I'm back to max-grip Jazz IIIs.

Google is your friend

Try putting google.com as your only source on an academic paper and see where that gets you.

I said, I'm not doing this dance with you tonight.

I go to /fa/ regularly.

do you show off your jaguar?

How long do you think it took you to learn to sing? I'm also terrible at singing, and I really can't tell if when I sing along to songs I get any better. I feel like I can't do a vocal vibrato for shit, have no idea how others do it. I can do this forced warbly thing that makes me thing of Marc Bolan, but that's it.

I just started learning guitar a few weeks ago. Any tips for barre chords? This is for full barres using F/B. I can get the sound clearly out without using fingers 2-4. It's when I add in those fingers that they bend awkwardly and mute/buzz the shit out of everything. What I've found so far:

>justinguitar finger stretching exercises
>playing EAD with fingers 2-4 to get them working better
>doing the A chord as a bar to get used to the amount of pressure etc

I try to dedicate 5-10 minutes a day to focusing solely on them but my progression seems to have halted. It feels like its more a matter of my fingers not having enough flexibility which may just take time?

Can someone suggest me a good book/website/channel on learning the bass? Got a cheap one for Christmas.

>I try to dedicate 5-10 minutes a day
Found your problem

That's just on the barre chords. I typically practice about an hour a day with a mixture of chords/scales/songs.

Anyone else find this B chord a struggle? I can’t stretch my third finger far enough but my pinky isn’t strong enough to get a decent barre going. I’be lost finger strength as recovering from a wrist fracture so that doesn’t help.

You can't stretch a 2-4 power chord?

vocaroo.com/i/s0SIrtFHoODP

I could before the wrist fracture. Finding it a bastard now. Think I need to go back to newfag finger stretching exercises.

I'd just barre the D, G and B strings with my ring finger and fret the A string with my index for that.

Ahh, understandable. Just do stretches.

Oh, wait, that's exactly what the image says to do. Derp.

Who's your favorite composer, /gg/?

I find the b lydian chord hard to play

eh, don't sweat it, keep learning bro.

Ignore this idiot, everyone knows the P stands for Les Paul. Not Paul Reed Smith. Les Paul was fundamental in musical and guitar innovation for his entire life, Paul Reed Smith couldn't even pick a good scale length.

bought a new squier vm jag for 250 USD
did I do good /gg/

You missed the band wagon by a few months.

>if your image can withstand the color.
What do you mean?

>Thinking a country that is effectively redneck china due to migrating from the chinese mainland to some random island in the middle of nowhere does not qualify as chink
>9 hue's / 10

I think he's saying "if looking stupid doesn't bother you"

What can be done about the over-inflated second hand instrument market? Even new instruments aren't worth too much considering the diminishing quality and relevance of guitar/bass.

Except I was specifically asking about how it looks? Is it because of the seafoam green or the maple fingerboard on the seafoam green?