What's the biggest fall from grace in the history of sports?

What's the biggest fall from grace in the history of sports?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mads_Timm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rae_Carruth
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randall_Woodfield
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Rozier
twitter.com/AnonBabble

test

cronaldo, 17/18 season

Paul Gascoigne

test

Lance Armstrong

>beats 200 million other swimmers in the race to the egg
>ends up becoming a loser living in a small apartment without any friends, girlfriend or sex
>dies alone

Manchester United 2013 to date

OJ, and it isn't really even close. There are other examples of athletes who were caught up in similarly horrible situations but most of them are literally who tier like Aaron Hernandez. Tiger fell off hard but once he retires and writes his tell all or whatever people will calm down and pay him the proper respect for being one of the GOAT golfers.

Armstrong

Matthew Harding.

Get's my vote

I wish I had a small apartment.

The proxy worked!!

Yep
>consistently ranked one of the greatest ever in his sport
>one of the only truly great American cyclists
>appears in movies and shows
>American hero who kids look up to as overcoming FUCKING CANCER and winning
>turns out to be a cheater
>stripped of everything
>Americans want to forget him everything about him
>ruined Dodgeball

Kobe Bryant.

Before the rape thing happened he was the golden child of the NBA, after that though everyone turned on him and the NBA started putting all of thier pushing power behind LeBron.

Sup Forums

The fuck you talking about? He's still one of the GOATs, did you not see his farewell season? The fans still love them some mamba and no white bitch in Colorado changed that.

no Ronda Rousey guys? c'monnnnn

>ruined Dodgeball
Truly the worst thing he's responsible for

Still the GOAT.

is an potato an athlete?

She needs to come fall on my dick.

Dodgeball was great even with his speech
This. No former player is hated more than him

Didn't she have like a bunch of movies cancel on her because her last """"""""""fight""""""""""? Or was that false?

>He's still one of the GOATs,
lol @ delusional laker fans who believe this

Yep, literal hero to zero story

Hernandez

Owen Hart

yep
/thread
it's Aaron Hernandez. No one else even comes close.

Chris Benoit

>T.Idontknowshitaboutbasketball

I know it's not the biggest.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mads_Timm

Every time.

she had it all lads

>samefagging your own thread

Aaron Hernandez signed a 5 year, $40 Million extension and then was found dead in his Maximum Security Prison Cell less than 5 years later, so I'm gonna say him

So the Mount Rushmore of "fallen-from-grace athletes" is

>Aaron Hernandez
>Tiger Woods
>Lance Armstrong
>Ronda Rousey

Looks good to me

Isn't Aaron Hernandez the biggest one?
>trillion dollar contract
>hung like holmes
>on the best team in the league
>kills a bandit
>life

How about George Best?

Went from being the best player in the history of Manchester United to be that guy who's always at the pub drinking.

Him and Gascoigne were alcoholics during their playing careers, nothing changed

Ike ibeabuchi could have been a hw goat

Bruce Jenner

she was already falling before so eh

Delete this post at once.

Yea, can't believe I overlooked that. TO be fair, he was less a sports celebrity and more so a celebrity, if you catch my drift.

I'd replace Rousey with him on the Rushmore either way.

Don't forget he killed himself

Tim Lincecum

Diego Armando Maradona

He was literally a god. Too bad he got carried away by drugs

Jerry Sandusky

Adam "wild Johnson" Johnson

Joe Paterno more so.

Nobody even new Sandusky. Jo Paterno was literally the face of the entire university for decades.

LEGEND

this

Maybe if Kobr just gave up after losing in the '04 finals you could say that... but he tore the league apart afterwards for a couple of years before learning to trust his team and win a couple more hips.

Kobe is a shining example of redemption.

>great uncle owned a wii
>avid golfer, couldn't do much those days
>his only game was wii sports, which he of course ran the hell out of the golf game
>get tiger woods pga tour 10 for him
>he had an admiration for young up-and-coming black athletes his whole life, and especially followed tiger's story from his early days as a pro

>spend an entire afternoon making an amateur character with him
>return a week later to his house and he already went pro
>great uncle takes me to what would be his last outing at a local course before I move away to college
>tiger starts his downward spiral
>the Celtics are mediocre
>whoops, guess Robert Griffiin III sucks shit, what a bad time to be a Redskins fan
>his throat cancer complications start to come back after "the worst year in sports I ever watched"
>passes away the summer of '13 just as there was a sliver of hope Woods might recover
>i know he never managed to face the virtual Woods in the Wii game
>family had already sold his console before I could get the idea to finish the game for him

in a way, i'm thankful he wasn't around to see Woods, his idol, disappear from the golfing world almost indefinitely. But the final years of my uncle's life was a hell of a ride.

>underrated post

that was beautiful user

I will not be reading this drivel

OJ, Chris Benoit, Aaron Hernandez, etc... basically, either committing a murder-tier crime or at least being judged as having committed one in the court of public and/or legal opinion.

We had to wait 11 hours and 35 minutes for the obvious Trips of Truth
>Maradona
One of the best football player of all time. One of the very first to fall because of drugs abuse. During a World Cup. As World Cup finalist and serious contender to win it. After scoring his come-back goal.

>>turns out to be a cheater
He was being accused of that from the very beginning and went on to destroy people who did it.
Everything that to later straight out confess.

30 for 30 when

OJ has to be pretty high up there. I grant you he wasn't a sportsman at the time of the murder, but everyone in America liked him. Let's not forget that James Cameron wouldn't cast him as the Terminator because he didn't think Americans would believe someone like OJ Simpson was capable of killing people.
Tiger Woods is full just though. What else would you expect when he's, not only a half breed, but literally the worst mix. Not just nigger and chink, but nigger male and chink female. Crossbreeding with a chink female is just asking for trouble. Just take a look at the Supreme Gentleman. Guaranteed fuck up every time.

what about that hydman trophey winner guy who loves drake

1-7

isn't the only bad thing to really happen to woods is his wife divorcing him

>Chris Benoit
A fucking fake wrestler for WWE jesus christ man!

All those sponsorship deals disappeared within the blink of an eye, and that's where he got rich

I don't understand, is losing one or two match such big deal for boxer?

see flag

fucking lol

Gazza has a good shot at that. He literally pull a Syd Barrett football style

What is it with British boxers ie Hatton and Prince?

It's OJ and no one else is even close. OJ was a cultural icon, even if you didn't follow sports you still knew and recognized him because he was practically the golden negro of Hollywood and the NFL with his once in a generation talent and charm. Guy practically split the nation in half with his criminal trial and opinion on him is still split today

Not to mention that his wife got half and the kids and he still has to pay child support.

Except any legitimate respect

GTFO MARO

It's OJ and it isn't really close, unless you want to make the argument he had already been long retired

only in the usa.

everybody else knew

1. hernandez
2. oj

I think Lance was hit even harder than OJ. People still recognize OJ's talent on the field. Lance went from singlehandedly making a sport relevant and being a brave cancer survivor and inspiration to nothing. I remember everyone in school wearing Livestrong bracelets or some variation. Now he is eternally JUST.

I would say OJ if he got convicted of Nicole's murder. He beat the charges, and now he just kind lives in prison obscurity for something else.

He was nowhere near the level of prestige and respect Armstrong had, even at his peak. Armstrong was considered a fucking American hero, especially amid the backdrop of Bush pissing off France for the Iraq War bullshit.

Only legitimate answer.

It's got to be Mika Myllylä. Perhaps the greatest Finnish male Cross Country Skier of all time, olympic champion and multiple world champion. Got caught of doping in 2001, became a disgrace of the nation, and died ten years later, forgotten in his home...

;__;

Rae Carruth
>murdered his 8 month pregnant girlfriend
>the baby survived and is permanently a potato
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rae_Carruth

Tangentally related Randall Woodfield, a serial killer who was on the roster but never played a game
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randall_Woodfield

Another tangentally related NFL serial killer, Robert Rozier played for the Cardinals and joined a black supremicist cult and killed seven white people.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Rozier

>sports

how is matti doing these days

he's gone through some stuff as well i believe

>hung like holmes

wut