Blood is so acid it can melt through several layers of thick metal and other polymers

>blood is so acid it can melt through several layers of thick metal and other polymers

jesus this is so fucking retarded

I can take the stealth, sharp tail, "unstoppable killer" crap and all that shit but this is nonsense

this is dragonball z gravity training tier of stupid science

Literally engineered bio mechanical weapon. What's the problem?

>this is dragonball z gravity training tier of stupid science

You're using DBZ analogies to criticize things. Who the fuck gave you the right to talk down to anything?

that's precisely why I use DBZ analogies
to show how utterly retarded the "science" behind this film was
as someone who studied chemistry for years the concept of an acid that can melt metal so easily is just plain stupid

>Engineered to be the universes most deadly bio-weapon
>Alien: Can't kill a helpless woman in her underwear
>Aliens: Slaughtered en mass by barely evolved monkeys armed with an iron tube that hurls small nuggets of metal
>Alien 3: Struggles to kill an unarmed black man, literally inferior to a 300lb american cop with asthma

Okay then.

The worst part is it doesn't even really make sense. how does the acid blood help them?

any race advanced enough to be able to kill them en mass is not gonna be doing it up close anyways.

They were supposed to be deployed in their millions as a weapon like a nuke but without destroying the environment

To be fair, the Engies planned to glass the earth with black goo about two thousand years ago, when mankind was still in its swords and sandals phase

>without destroying the environment

I guess all that cocooning these do onto the terrain washes off pretty easy.

Still such an idiotic way to kill things.

if they were such master biologists, why not just design a simple virus or the like custom made to specifically target humans? why instead make a new mess they'd have to clean up later?

the whole plot is just stupid.

kills bacteria

>stupid science

I wish redditors would leave desu

Because the Engineers were just as arrogant and foolish as the humans. They were wiped out by their own creation, after all. There's no wise, loving god, just a bunch of space assholes with more power than sense.

I also like to think the xenos were more of a "divine punishment" than a practical design. You know, "you want to fuck, consume and kill? Fine, here you go."

>OK so there's this relatively small group of essentially unarmed civilians who get trapped on their ship with this alien that wants to kill them all
>They outnumber it, why don't they just trap it and kill it?
>Uh... it has acidic blood that will melt a hole through the hull and destroy the ship
>Oh OK
That's literally the only reason they have acid blood
If you try to take that into any of the sequels or any other piece of spinoff fiction with xenos you're going to come up against some pretty stupid shit, the question is why are you trying? The answer may well be autism

> They needed a reason why they just couldn't simply cut the face hugger in the first movie.
> They thought it was cool and made the adult form also have this ability on the sequel, making the creature deadly even when its dead.

It's called suspension of disbelief, friend. And it's the reason you'll never write a good story...

>Engineered to be the universes most deadly bio-weapon

i mean that was what weyland company thought it would be, we dont know what they really are

They only have acidic blood to make them taste bad to their predators.

stop shilling for the upcoming alien movie

Because you can hide from a virus or even cure it.

Xenos are more or less a smart weapon. Hide in a cave away from everyone else? A Xeno can kick the door in and get you.

No. Ridley Scott pays me €0.05 per post.

Why not turn the facehugged person upside down and cut its back open?

Watch the movie and you'll find out.

I watched it. Do it on the planet before taking off. Not hard.

Everything after Alien is garbage.

>Xenos could scuttle around and function in space in Isolation game despite in the movies hearing them and their queen breathe
>Revolver/shotgun does nothing despite them getting killed en mass in Aliens/AvP movies and all other Alien games

Explain this Alienfags

>unironically living in Eurabia

Aliens is shit
Made the xenomorphs feel so weak

Cameron is a hack.

Nothing after Alien is canon.

The problem with superacid blood is that if you have on on your spaceship then shooting them will destroy your spaceship beyond repair. The xenomorph is clearly designed to be the perfect spaceship killer.

these

>the best Alien movie is shit

yeah naa

The fact that it has acid blood makes it difficult to fight in close quarters combat with a weapon without the risk of having the blood spray back at yoh and kill you. Consider too that if another animal tries to bite it its going to get a mouth full of acid

Alien: Isolation is canon

This is an 18+ board.

Also, explain if it only takes an Alien literally 5 minutes to turn from a chest bursting baby to a fully grown alien without even eating anything, why doesn't the alien just wait 5 minutes inside a person and tear them apart as it grows

So i guess a Virus isnt a bio weapon then, this will be good news for a lot of dictators around the world

Xenomorphs are the ultimate space mary-sue creatures with thick plot armor, i hate them.

Prometheus was a 2/10 shitflick that shat all over the Alien lore. The Android and abortion scene was the only thing saving it from 0/10.

I don't like this concept because of the xenomorph reproductive cycle. It requires millions of people to make millions of xenos. It's inefficient.

And it doesn't contradict Alien, does it? It contradicts everything post-Alien.

The Xenos come from the black goo. It wouldn't take a ton of goo to make a xeno.

The black goo was the weapon. The xenos were just the spearhead of it.

The black goo is an evolution accelerant. Aliens come from a process that involves the black goo. The alien in its stable and final version of its reproductive cycle is sans black goo.

The abortion scene was the shittiest part of it. You're not getting up and running around after having your stomach muscles cut clean through, no matter how good the painkillers are.

That wasn't their plan, though. Their plan was to send a ship loaded with black goo to Earth, where the changes would be made.

The goo is the bioweapon, not the Xenos necessarily. They're more the bullet to the goo's gun.

Right. But I wasn't replying to a comment thread on Engineers and how they used black goo. I was commenting on the xenomorph and its use as a bio weapon.

But they themselves aren't the weapon. The goo is.

Its tensed its tail round his neck when they approached it

Then how'd they get him on the ship?

Fuck you, Dragonball's gravity training made sense

approached it with a knife dumbass. Have you even seen the movie?

Isolation was a shit game. Simple as that.

Should I watch the alien movies ?
Is there any interesting LORE behind it or it's just le spooky monster in a spaceship?

Are you missing the long finger like tail that coils around the hosts neck? If the acid doesn't kill the host the tail will. Also, the Facehugger renders the host paralyzed to the point they can't eat or drink or breath on their own. It would kill you.

Also the facehugger injects some sort of cancerous cells fucking up your genetic code. No matter what, you're fucked.

>lore
Watch the first one, then act like all the other movies are not cannon.

Ancient peoples have better odds escaping predators then they would a virus. they understand monsters.

none of them know wtf micro organisms are or how to avoid them. also I remind you that people evade the aliens all the time.

>150 people
>Marines arrive just in time to save one
>But not before they themselves, a team of around fifteen people, are wiped out down to three survivors
Yep. Avoided all the time.

why do people not like prometheus? also whats the whole zombified shit happening in that movie.

i have a boner for charlize so i dunno

you haven't seen alien or aliens? Alien is a flat-out stunner. Aliens is basically the definition of an entire genre.

i think he was kidding user

It has a pretty messy script.