In a traditional German toilet, the hole into which shit disappears after we flush is right at the front...

In a traditional German toilet, the hole into which shit disappears after we flush is right at the front, so that shit is first laid out for us to sniff and inspect for traces of illness. In the typical French toilet, on the contrary, the hole is at the back, i.e. shit is supposed to disappear as quickly as possible. Finally, the American (Anglo-Saxon) toilet presents a synthesis, a mediation between these opposites: the toilet basin is full of water, so that the shit floats in it, visible, but not to be inspected.

It is clear that none of these versions can be accounted for in purely utilitarian terms: each involves a certain ideological perception of how the subject should relate to excrement.

Hegel was among the first to see in the geographical triad of Germany, France and England an expression of three different existential attitudes: reflective thoroughness (German), revolutionary hastiness (French), utilitarian pragmatism (English). In political terms, this triad can be read as German conservatism, French revolutionary radicalism and English liberalism. In terms of the predominance of one sphere of social life, it is German metaphysics and poetry versus French politics and English economics. The point about toilets is that they enable us not only to discern this triad in the most intimate domain, but also to identify its underlying mechanism in the three different attitudes towards excremental excess: an ambiguous contemplative fascination; a wish to get rid of it as fast as possible; a pragmatic decision to treat it as ordinary and dispose of it in an appropriate way.

Thank you for your attention.

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/germany/1469694/German-men-told-they-can-no-longer-stand-and-deliver.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

that was very educational
thank you hans

What I get from this is Conservatism = Scat fetish?

I once shat in a German toilet and it was a really big shit and it bottomed out on the basin thing and I had to stand up and move about to get it all out.

worst experience of my life.

Such an excellent display of autism could only have come from Germany, or maybe Finland.

How about telling us something that we all don't know already?

I once took a shit on a english woman.Greatest experience of my life.

>a english

Stop embarrassing us.

>tfw I thank god every day that I have a classic non observation toilet

There is so much wrong with this country
I actually refuse to go on these "healthy" shit observation toilets.

Now that's what I call a shitpost

>Germans are *this* thin-skinned

t. typical revolutionary radical

kill yourself hans no one cares anyway

better anarchist than shit sniffer.

Someone has the dire need to contemplate more about his shits, me thinks.

Wouldn't the shit remnants be insane on the German toilet? I'm not just talking skidmarks here, I mean getting caked on and not flushing off. Wouldn't want to have to scrub the toilet every time I take a shit tbph

Seriously now: you pretty much have to scrub the toilet every time yeah. It's pretty dumb.

*sniffs loudly before applauding*

There's a bit of water on the shitholder platform so it doesn't stick too much.
Also
+ inspectable shit
+ toilet shelf behind the toilet
+ less water consumption

THIS is German engineering.

The autism of the germans will never cease to amaze me.
>Those doubles too.

>+ toilet shelf behind the toilet
?

Kek

>In a traditional German toilet, the hole into which shit disappears after we flush is right at the front, so that shit is first laid out for us to sniff and inspect for traces of illness.

Maybe there lie the roots of the notorious German scat fetish?

Isn't that from a Zizek speech?
Antifa is that you? I hope you're not one of those meme pro-Israel types.

come home celtogermanic man

I have one of those old school toilets. House was built under the German occupation so can confirm.

Do the newer toilets in your country also "save water"? In the old days one powerflush cleaned the whole bowl in one big swoop, while nowadays you flush and some shitty gurgle sound comes out, resulting either that you need to wait until the thing refills after flushing to flush again, and wait and flush yet again, until your shit is finally gone, and more water is actually spent in these so-called "green" models. Or worse the shitty flow rate causes your turds to clog up and jam the siphon, and the whole bowl fills to the brim with shit water.

Just a symptom, not the cause.

>the shitty flow rate causes your turds to clog up and jam the siphon, and the whole bowl fills to the brim with shit water
My favourite is when this happens and it suddenly fixes itself and all the water drains out quickly leaving no water at the bottom of the bowl. Very satisfying, especially with the sound it makes.

Dunno about you but my nu-toilet has two buttons,one for shit and the other for piss. The shit one works as intended and the piss one uses little water.

This is even more horrible than the deathcamps.
sry poland

Don't those shit insection toilets STINK after you take the shit? The regular english toilet keeps the majority of it underwater, and still my shit stinks bad sometimes. I can't imagine what it smells like sitting on the shit inspection shelf in the air.

Something like this?

>I took that pic in Dachau Concentration Camp

>that picture
>laughing capitalists.jpg

>autism
>toilet lore
Learn to appreciate the fineries of life.

American toilet

>educationnal shitposting

t-thanx, I guess?

>American (Anglo-Saxon)

Anyone else taking pictures of their shits? Been doing it regularly for 6-7 years now.

>pellets

I've got an incurable bowel disease please don't bully.

>inspect for traces of illnesses
Why not give comparative statistics on how digestive-related diseases have been mitigated/found earlier by the widespread use of that toilet? Otherwise, you are just talking utter nonsense.

You're a deer

Oh. Fair enough then. Is this related to why you take pictures of your shit?

Looks a bit dark

>Finally, the American (Anglo-Saxon)
Yeah, no. Americans aren't Anglos.

Nah. I got diagnosed with Crohn's disease last year but I've been taking pics for much longer for the heck of it.
Taking pics is actually useful for my condition though. Helps notice changes in stool composition which may be a sign of my Crohn's flaring up again.

German men are cucked by their toilets into sitting down to pee lmfao

telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/germany/1469694/German-men-told-they-can-no-longer-stand-and-deliver.html

Eat more green vegetables

I eat about 2kg of spinach each week actually.

hows your skin?

I eat 200g of Kale per day, and I am consistently told I look 4-5 years younger than I am.

>hows your skin?
Idk. Normal?

I frequently get asked for my ID when I want to buy alcohol or play the lottery fwiw. I'm 26.

I eat spinach for its health benefits and taste. It's easily a top 3 vegetable as far as nutrient content is concerned.

>this black
Either alcohol or internal bleeding. Either way you're gonna die sooner than most.