SOCCER/FOOTBALL FAGS PLS EXPLAIN

Im playing CB (Number 1 pic related) and I dont know what to do when pic related happens. By the time 3 passes back an attacker is between 1 (me) and 2 and 5/6 isnt always open. Thoughts?

you dribble or do a step over (übersteiger)

Hoof it to 9 and 10

Kick the ball very hard into stands, problem solved. That's what defenders are for. You're welcome.

you pass back to 3

hold your position and defend the area, never go 1 on 1 unless you see a opening because the attacker can easily dodge you or assist someone else.

If short past is blocked return to GK
If you have enough technique try to do a long ball to 8 as the rival midfielders would have pressure 6 and 5
If 10 and 9 returned, try them on a strong low altitude pass
t. Left center back

Ur fucked, might as well turn around and score yourself

You label them like this.

you always can do the Uruguayan style and kick the ball with all your might and transform your problem into your forwards problem.

>7 left wing
>11 right wing
Eat shit

Start dribbling forward

Seriously, it works surprisingly often. If the opponent uses a man-marking system you can really disorient them. Once you've gone into midfield you give the ball to a midfielder and simply run on until you've become the striker.

Congratulations, you're now Franz Beckenbauer.

basically Suarez 2nd goal against England in 2014

What I said plus it really depends if your teammates move around or are static faggots.
Also, you should mention if you are a left or right handed

this

Depends how much time you have on the ball and who is closing you down and what angle and speed they are closing you down from. Different options for different situations.

If their CM is closing you down your CM should get open.
If their left winger is closing you down your fullback should try to make and angle
If they close down at full sprint you should be able to move into space to avoid them
If their striker closes you from behind move forward and shield the ball with your body

If you have no time then back to keeper or FOOKING HOOF IT

If it works, finde. If it doesnt work, which will happen sooner or later, we are in a very bad position.

Its the last way out I guess, but I feel like its not the best way.

When I pass the ball to 3 some one will attack him so hes not open anymore.

Yeah, Im hesitant to go 1vs1 as I said to the other user.

Thanks you! I really have to get more comfortable with long balls.

True. I think the problem was amplified since we didnt play on full court so I had less space.

>What I said plus it really depends if your teammates move around or are static faggots.
I noticed that too, but usually cb gets the blame

Thank you, ill keep this in mind.

Anyway, you really helped me guys.

hoof it forwards or clear it to the wings

If you are good enough you make a Spielverlagerung to number 4. Alternatively, you pass it to the GK (0).

>pass back to 3
>pass to the keeper
>hoof it upfield
>be an absolute madman and tryo to dribble

put your fucking foot through it la

just dive bro

one option is to but to pass it to 3 he needs to move away from both you and behind the opponent's pressure that way you can pass the ball into space down the flank in the most basic give and go move ever.

second option is to actually look up, if you see the whole opposing team shifting towards your side then that means you can switch the play to the other side of the pitch.

third option is whoever is your defensive midfielder between the 6 and 5 can comeback into space to receive the ball from you.

fourth dribble forward into open space. buying time by actually moving the ball forward but also like in option one, your teammates can move away from their markers and into space for you to pass it to them.

fifth option fake a pass or fake dribble one way only for you to go the other way.

sixth option is play back to keeper but you can forget this option if you start taking too long in your decision making. by the time you soak up pressure and decide to pass it back the other play can easily intercept you back pass and go to goal.

seventh option just long ball it to the top.

each sport will always come down to a 1v1 beat your 1v1 and things will get easier for your teammates. look at what point guards in the nba do to better understand what you're supposed to do when you have the ball. center backs have to be more specialized nowadays to ball with the ball at their feet.

If your defensive midfielder has a brain, he'll be at your left side and you can pass to him

make an assist to #9 or #10. be a hero

Your blockteam lack collective intelligence. As a defender, you should always have 3 open options for a safe pass:
your CB buddy, your GK, and your side wingback.

>amateur football
>proper positioning

boot it upfield OP

Hoof it into the space between left wing and centre forward.

If your team mates frown or your manager pulls a face at you then kick off and say "what the fuck am I supposed to do with a hospital ball like that?"

this. minimizes the chance to get scored on and might start an attack miraculously vaguely aim for open space near a team mate

>not knowing soccer strategy
Noob. In soccer, you're supposed to kick the ball into the goal. I thought everyone knew this.

Stop trying to be Puyol and hoof it up the field like any other amateurish CB who's under pressure.

Der Laufweg bestimmt den Pass. Also bestimmen deine Mitspieler (und Gegner) welche Option die beste ist. Im Zweifel wegschlagen um Risiko zu minimieren (siehe Diaz beim Confed Cup)

If you're higher up the field, 2 should be dropping deeper so that either A. he's available for a trail pass or B. the forward cheats the passing lane between you and 2, which should open up a lot of space for a pass to 5 or 6.

A way to avoid getting caught in a situation like this (unless 3 is consistently sending you hospital balls) is to immediately drop back after you pass to 3. You create more space to play in by doing this.

Do the classically English thing of hoofing it upfield, thereby transferring the burden to the forwards.

Also, don't attempt any youtube tier, ***Best Freestyler Tricks of 2017!*** footwork.

Pass back to 3 or get 7 to come closer.
Ideally when 7 has the ball 3 is moving forward

Why don't you simply teleport behind the attacker?

Im playing FW (Number 9 pic related) and I dont know what to do when pic related happens. By the time 8 passes back nobody is between 9 (me) and 1 and 2/4 isnt always open. Thoughts?

Hoof it upfield

Gegenpress.

basically every uruguayan defense tactic since 1924

When your a defender and feel confused just kick the ball as hard as you can foward. Actually you should probably do it 80% of the times you have the ball.

Gonzalo, please.

3 should not pass back

The nicest pass in this situation is to reach 6 in the halfspace. He's often free, and it opens up play, but it's still a risky pass. 0 and 3 should open up so that 6/5/2 gets lots of space if the opponent doesn't let 0/3 be totally free

At least not in a way that puts 1 in trouble. If he sees that 1 is getting pressured after a pass back, he can still pass if he sees that 1 can reach 5/6 directly, or he sees an easy one-two in special cases, or if he himself is in trouble and is looking for 1 to clear the ball on one touch.

But 1 should have vision over the whole field when he gets the ball and know where every player is, probably one of 8/9/10 is free and could be reached easily for a constructive pass.

just hoof it, it's not your fault if no one is open

the decline of dutch football in a post

t. Jamie Carragher

If the opposing team is really pressing the ball, in modern football, it's not uncommon to pass it to 4 with a lob tbqh.

long pass to 8 or hoof it to the strikers

Classic English saying

" If in doubt, clear it out "

If no simple pass is open I would go long every time. I played RB for years when I was younger.

English futbol in a nutshell

You shoot a long ball which results in a goal since the enemy is busy covering your fucking DEFENDERS while not having a ball being deep in your territor
What's the direct implication?
That they ignore their own defence and half of the field, abuse that