Strong nonwhite female character that even Sup Forums can't complain about

>strong nonwhite female character that even Sup Forums can't complain about

How did Disney pull it off?

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/world/2016/jun/27/disney-depiction-of-obese-polynesian-god-in-film-moana-sparks-anger
youtube.com/watch?v=FYsaUMc8jaM
youtube.com/watch?v=TdGuZicUPts
youtube.com/watch?v=dgldZnwiaWg#t=6.744693
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I would complain but she's a qt

>implying

Max "Our Guy" Landis sums up my thoughts pretty succinctly.

Because it was a story about their culture.
There was literally ZERO (0) SJW shit in the film, hell, they even made her bossy towards Maui at the start.
She's perfect, easily one of my favourite Disney grills

I haven't seen the movie, but I assume by creating an actual good character instead of a mary sue that deus ex machinas everything into submission?

I think it's because she's a polynesian depicted as a polynesian.

I think Sup Forums would still defend her if she was white playing a polynesian, but that would make no sense cause its an animated film.

I want to kill myself.

Yet another cgi cartoon faggy thread...

Why is Landis so dumb? Crab monsters may not have to pay for food, but they still have to work and put effort into getting it, so the concept of one excited at getting food for no effort, or "free" is perfectly valid.

She's just a white girl with brown skin

Anyone else love that the SJWs have been completely silent about this movie despite it having non-white characters but creamed themselves over Frozen?

>completely silent

theguardian.com/world/2016/jun/27/disney-depiction-of-obese-polynesian-god-in-film-moana-sparks-anger

Jesus fuck

>Our Guy
>wrote American Alien
No.

My favourite part is that the Polynesians and Maori have been praising this film saying Disney did their homework.

People getting offended for other people is one of the single most scummy cancers on this planet

yeah whatever. fuck island niggers. when are disney going to make a movie about MY culture? i want a fat assed indian bitch to explore precolumbian mexico and sing about corn.

better yet, i want them to buy the rights to chel and just use her.

Because she wasn't a mary sue, she had flaws and had to learn from her mistakes.

Also I wish giant shiny crab best character

Disney already made Pocahontas, also there's a Day of the Dead Disney movie in the making.

>you will never be caught with chels lips wrapped firmly around your cock like tulio
why live?

i dont care about northern indians. their culture is shit. and dia de los muertos is a modern thing and the movie is being made by pixar and its about a little boy. not very interested unless hes got birthing hips.

im also not interested because all anyone ever sees of my fucking culture is day of the dead or skulls or the spirit world. its getting annoying. and god dammit if they do a movie on any of the old tribes theyre probably gonna focus on the death aspects

Hi papi, you love me?

not you specifically, indian suzy berhow, because you look like your mother drank during pregnancy. if you want though i could maybe put my fist in your butthole

What tweet joke?

"free" doesn't mean "with no effort" you uneducated spastic fuck. Some people have to put effort even to get free things.

youtube.com/watch?v=FYsaUMc8jaM

it sucked. songs were all shit too

because this board is run by disney shills. It's a pretty forgettable flick

I want to make Moana moan

>Some people have to put effort even to get free things
then its not "free" is it. you are getting paid for your efforts. if you disagree, then by your logic everybody works for free money

they put her in a movie for children that no one on Sup Forums cares about because its not capeshit or star wars shit

If you had to put effort in, then it really isn't free, is it?

Maui writes an authograph in a paddle to Moana using the chicken beak as a pen/knife and calls it a tweet, because he used a bird.

Now I get Landis

oh no here comes the DREADED SJW BOOGEYMAN

Implying MUH RACISM didn't hurt your enjoyment of Zootopia

let me guess, not one actual polynesian has a problem, and all the hate comes from middle class white girls on tumblr

I thought this movie was alright, had some catchy songs and fun cast with good writing. What's to hate?

>you are getting paid for your efforts.
Putting in effort doesn't mean getting paid you dumbfucks.
You put a lot of effort in trying to put 2 sentences together but you're not getting paid for that are you.

His? Nah, he's a cuck.

Some were hardcore Polynesian nationalists but it was mostly before the film's release when it was assumed all the men would be depicted that way.

Since release, theaters in Hawaii have been constantly sold out. It's gotten to where some residents are considering flying to Cali just to be able to watch the movie sometime this month.

>You put a lot of effort in trying to put 2 sentences together but you're not getting paid for that are you
nice brain fart

What's with your voice? You sound like a cucklord.

By fucking up the actual story telling part of knowing when the shut the fuck up.

Seriously, if the same people who made Moana worked on Atlantis, Milo and the rest of the crew would have broken into song describing exactly what's going on in these scenes instead of just letting the visuals and music do the work.
youtube.com/watch?v=TdGuZicUPts
youtube.com/watch?v=dgldZnwiaWg#t=6.744693

It was such a cool story though and then she needs to start singing about how the lava monster is actually just the misunderstood and angry nature goddess.
Musicals are good, but there's limit for crying out loud.

Moana and Atlantis are different genres. One's a princess story and the other's an action/adventure.

Did you complain about the singing in Beauty and the Beast?

Atlantis was also a huge box office flop.

well you see, I am in fact a cucklord. My father was a cuckold and my mom was a cuckus maximus so I blame genetics.

Yeah but you sound like a prepubescent cuck.

>How did Disney pull it off?
By having her barefoot the entire movie.

>Disney

They just did a movie about two white girls in the wintertime.

In Beauty and the Beast they still knew when not to sing about what is going on on the screen.

Beast didn't have to go into a power ballad while fighting Gaston.

Also white numales

>man i love food that has no effort for me to put in my mouth
>and you look like seafood

there i fixed the lyrics for your autistic ass

by making her THICC