Dr. Jekyll in the Universal Monster Universe has an underground prison full of monsters

So it's the same exact shit that was in Amazing Spider-man 2 with the Sinister Six costumes all being at Oscorp.

Good to know I don't have to waste my time.

screenrant.com/the-mummy-trailer-footage-event-kurtzman/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MiB4dMwDFtg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>If the plane scene and the morgue scene put Cruise’s character in positions of sheer terror and unexplainable (at least for now) resurrection from the dead, then his introduction to a place called the Prodigium, an vaulted, labyrinthine underground complex which we got to see a bit more of in the footage that Kurtzman presented after the trailer. The Prodigium seems to be some sort of secret location where monsters are not just acknowledged to exist but captured and studied, and it is here that Cruise finds himself, along with the chained and shackled mummy, with all presided over by none other than Dr. Henry Jekyll (Russell Crowe).

>Of course, Universal is looking to The Mummy to kickstart its classic monsters universe, and it seems that the introduction of Dr. Jekyll is the first key to the interlocking nature of the movies to come. “In looking to figure out how to place The Mummy in a larger context and setting up this organization that has actually been dealing with monsters for longer than any of us have been around, it became clear that we needed somebody to be the voice of that organization,” says Kurtzman. “The next thought was like, ‘Well, it could be Joe McGillicuddy, or we could actually go into another character that makes sense organically.’ It was a real point of conversation with Tom. If we’re going to bring in Henry Jekyll, how is bringing Henry Jekyll into the mummy story not detract from the mummy story? How does Henry Jekyll become part of this story in an organic way? And part of what Tom’s character, Nick, learns about the mummy and about the history of the mummy comes through Jekyll’s very deep understanding of monsters and how monsters have existed quietly in this world for eons.

Sounds like shit

what the fuck did you expect from alex kurtzman? didn't he co-write amazing spiderman 2 which was also supposed to be a launch for a shitty cinematic universe? this guy just fails up

And it will still be a better Cinematic Universe than DC.

where did everything go wrong,The child in me is seriously hurt by this.

And they were both written by the same guy. Might as well take unused ideas from one to another

Marvel

>this movie will also have magic blood like Spider-man and Star trek 2

So each movie the mosters ar going to be defeated or captured and put in the prison and iif they are successful enough to have a team-up it'll be revealed that they must become a team to defeat some even more ancient evil like Cthulu

Wait, he's supposed to be Dr. Jekyll?

That's fucking stupid.

Wouldn't the better choice to fit that role in the universe be Van Helsing?

>plane scene

It takes place in the modern day so he's probably dead.

Is the consensus that Fredric March was the best Jekyll/Hyde?

Wasn't that Dracula Untold movie supposed to be the first film in this universe? What happened to it?

nope

Nobody liked it, so it's not canon anymore

Who the hell is Joe McGillicuddy?

Why is Universal being so autistic? YOU CANNOT TIE MONSTER MOVIES TOGETHER LMAO
Like what the fuck would they do, be a monster avengers? Oh shit Werewolf Bro just turned against us, time to go take him down!

I just do not understand these jews

It's an Alex Kurtzman project, what the hell do you expect. It will be cancelled after whatever they decide to make for the second movie.

They already did the shared universe things when the originals first came out.

Explain? youtube me videos please

the films largely weren't related to each other though.

Why don't they turn it into cabin in the woods 2.0?

cause....I.....was............................
JEKYLL JEKYLL HYDE
JEKYLL HIDE HIDE JEKYLL
JEKYLL JEKYLL HYDE
JEKYLL HYDE

Yes.

youtube.com/watch?v=MiB4dMwDFtg

Wouldn't Dr. Jekyll be dead to then? If they can put him in the modern day, why not do the same with Van Helsing?

Alex Kurtzman needs to be crucified beside the Hollywood sign and left there until the birds pick his bones dry.