ITT: Normie songs that are actually pretty good

ITT: Normie songs that are actually pretty good. youtube.com/watch?v=6bfTTeZOrs4

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZpUYjpKg9KY
youtube.com/watch?v=QBv8oXF_fF8
youtube.com/watch?v=yirNS7W8qFw
youtube.com/watch?v=_5OGk9N8Y5s
youtube.com/watch?v=Ys7-6_t7OEQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

mac isn't normie

Go to any liberal arts college and you'll change your mind on that.

What the fuck is it with Sup Forums constantly shilling this dude? He's just a shittier version of Ed Sheeran. As if Ed wasn't already shitty enough.

He's more like a shittier version of Kurt Vile

That's just blatantly false.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZpUYjpKg9KY

maybe in 2012 he wasn't. he's incredibly popular among bros

>He's just a shittier version of Ed Sheeran
false

Mac is too charming. how much of his discog is worth listening to?

All the albums kind of just sound the same, so I'd say listen to any of them first and if you like it enough that you want more then try out the other ones.

I always crave pop in the wintertime. I get too depressed otherwise. I'll get Salad Days and listen to the new Alvvawys album then

Yeah I don't think you can go wrong with Salad Days.

Just checked him out on last.fm and he doesn't even have 500k listeners. Is last.fm fucking dead or what?

>Is last.fm fucking dead or what?
pretty much yes

good riddance

faaaalse

using that logic is neil young and david bowie normie music?
he put a fucking drumstick up his ass. not his fault bunch of kids like his easy listening music.

Yes they are. Normie does not mean bad, that's the whole point of this thread retard.

>insinuating that neil young and david bowie aren't normie

It's boring now. When they "updated" it they took away everything that made it interesting.

I miss the old last.fm :(

maybe bowie, fuck you if you think neil young is normie. maybe in Canada, but I dont know fucking anyone else in college who listens to Neil

What is different?
I haven't noticed any big change.

When did you start using it?

Nope not in Canada either

>Normie
The only music normies listens to where I'm from is EDM and whatever is on this months Spotify toplist

That's the highest tier of normie. The second tier is for people who think they have a unique/alternative taste but the most eccentric thing they listen to is Kings of Leon.

>is neil young and david bowie normie music?
incredibly

Kings of Leon is great

youtube.com/watch?v=QBv8oXF_fF8

this is actually unironically one of my favorite songs

Kings of Leon is fucking awful. Boring shit music for suburban moms and that really, really shitty vocalist who sounds like he's taking a hard dump every time he opens his mouth.

SOMEONE LIKE YOU

Never said it was bad, but it really isn't that weird or alternative.

Honestly, Ying Yang and Bossayeye (album and EP he did before as Makeout Videotape with former collaborator Alex Calder) are both fantastic. His guitar work on Ying Yang is particularly great IMO, anyone who says mac is not an accomplished player or doesnt have his own style has not heard these two releases.

As for the "Mac" stuff, RocknRoll is a fun listen (if you like Ween, start here). Otherwise, 2 is the best, and you should listen to the other stuff after if you like that album.

IMO: YingYang > 2 > Bossayeye = Another One > This Old Dog > Salad Days

youtube.com/watch?v=yirNS7W8qFw

very normie-core but I love it

COULD USE

OHHHHHH OH-OH IT'S SEX ON FIRE

I could not disgree more with your ranking of Salad Days, it's my personal favourite by him.

2 is way better than salad days, salad days is where everything sounds the same. 2 and the new one from this year are the best

I figured that would be an unpopular opinion lol, but idk that's just the album that is least interesting to me. All those songs like Blue Boy, Treat Her Better just blend for. Another One is at least more condensed and has some mean guitar on it.

unironically

both of those are very obviously normie music

youtube.com/watch?v=_5OGk9N8Y5s

Ode to Viceroy is unironically my favourite song at the moment

Not even kidding. Please don't hit me.
youtube.com/watch?v=Ys7-6_t7OEQ

But Sup Forums's taste is already normie??