>Burzum

shoegaze

>implying normies listen to avant-garde rock
stop baiting

Burzum aren't really cool anymore desu that was more like a 2012-2015 thing

Burzum haven't been "cool" since the 90s retard

i don't care about them enough to have to do that
sry bb next time maybe

Yet here you are, caring enough to stick around and type out a response.

Hipster normies loved BM a couple years ago thats why Deafheaven were big

Hipsters liked deafheaven and nothing else because that's the only big "metal" band that pitchfork gave a positive review of

should i suck your toes now master

Merzbow
u-Ziq
Both Frank Zappa and Beefhart
Marvin Gaye
The Mars Volta
Autechre
OPN
Genesis P-Orridge
Exuma
Swans and everything related to Post-punk/rock
And the entirety of /metal/ general

the residents

Sure, why not? And you better spread your boypussy as well.

le goofy cigarette man xp

Surprisingly accurate. u-Ziq and gaye are good regardless, though.

How has nobody mentioned ween?

>Ween
>Swans
>bauhaus
>joy division

why is everyone on Sup Forums such insufferable faggot cucks?

not me

Hipsters worship Filosofem

Gatekeeping aside, only correct ones are
and TOP
Any faggot who says that any of the Sup Forums-core stuff is for pseud-hipsters should think about why they don't have any friends

How many of your favorites were listed?

>Ween
unless you mean ocean man exclusively
>yes normies listen to captain beefheart
>hahaxd death greips is 4 normiesxd

All of them are good, but facts are facts
>his friend doesn't listen to entry to medium level in music albums
Not my fault you have a shit taste in both friends and music f a m

death grips is for normies though

you call them avant-garde? xd

>u-Ziq
yeah all the normies and frat dudes at my college love u-Ziq

> Burzum

kid, why? are you plain retarded?

i've been listening to Burzum long ago and it's bullshit what u said.

lol

>kid, why?
>lol

suicideboys is actually really good though
youtube.com/watch?v=bs-19C3FDN4
youtube.com/watch?v=HQwCBuaPuFM
youtube.com/watch?v=3WfddyFUKMc
youtube.com/watch?v=hPJlHZhgrBw (my favorite)

>RADIOHEAD
>AVANT GARDE ROCK

> click on first video
> hear the beat

god, i fucking hate trap

Is Autechre really normie? Eh who cares, still great. These threads are so toxic desu

Arca
Brian Eno
Philip Glass
A Tribe Called Quest

There's nothing wrong with being a normie. Its when youre an insufferable cunt normalfag that thinks he isnt one is when it becomes grating.

radiohead and aphex twin

>kid
>Plain retarded
Nice arguements. How can someone be so insecure to let himself get triggered by memes? How old are you?

Damn the koopsta knicca influence is coming on strong, which I'm totally fine with because three six mafia is the realest shit and I wish more people would emulate their style.

These ones are just wrong, you guys are blatantly just gate keeping.

Masonna

no

cool way to ruin the 28 days later theme dude

also
>muh murder murder muh murder murder muh murder
>triple 6 marked on my grave//cynical 59, death we crave
>>slenderman is actual title of track
>FUCK A HOE

none of these are complaints, you're just making observations in greentext. good to know you're being judgemental purely to be judgemental, and you don't actually have any real criticism

>radiohead
>not edgy alt-normie music
Have you two ever been outside your parents basements these past 20 years?

good argument

thanks, now answer the question

would it have been better if i explicitly said 'the following things made me cringe'
the beats are uninventive, repetitive and boring, trap was a mistake
the vocal performance is unengaging, monotonous and feels almost self-parodical in that it cashes in so unapologetically on the trend of 'sad' white guys mumbling/whining into a microphone over a trap beat, see bones, yung lean
the lyrics glorify and fetishise depression and suicide, while at the same time not even doing so in a way that could be remotely considered poetic or impressive, it's just dumb and a poor attempt at edgy
>WANT2DIESOBADITAKEDRUGSTONUMBMYSELF
and slenderman is notorious for being one of the most poorly written and childish creepypasta fads around, the fact they named a song after the character pretty much epitomises what makes them so terrible: immature, poorly written garbage for 'edgy' teens

Have you goobs ever talked to normies about music?

They don't know who $B are. They don't know anyone mentioned in this thread. They don't care about the music, they want to set the atmosphere so they can have fun.

Fuck outta here you gatekeeping faggots.

If you really want know, yes I have been outside of my parents basement these past 20 years.

There are a certain demo that are "omg, I'm like so into weird music. Just listen to it, were they making it on drugs?", and there are certainly artists that this kind of ppl always listen to, DeMarco and Tame Impala almost always the common denominator. Suicide Boys are for this, but replace valley girl with a frat boy.
That being said, most of the people here are just gatekeeping, yea.

yes they do
i know many normies who like $B
practically every normie these days likes mac demarco
and the select few that think they're #abstract and #weird enjoy zappa, beefheart, king crimson etc

Death grips

i think you're entire post can be summed up in "eugh it makes me cringe deueugh its too cringy durrrrrrrr"

so much good music gets disregarded by this board as "cringy' you people are so fucking sad, just kill yourselves i bet you're more depressed than any "$uicideboy"

>mumbling
>wahhh they didn't enunciate clearly enough for me
>thinking this is a valid complaint
You need to go back.

I'm surprised this hasn't been posted yet

I don't know any fucking normal person that listens to Death Grips. Their most popular song has like 6 million plays on Spotify. If that's normie tier to you, you're so out of touch that it makes sense why you're on Sup Forums. Stop calling something "normie" just because it has a small following. Normie trash would be some shit like still listening to The Beatles to be "hip" or Tyler the Creator, not genre pushing hip hop.

Am I the only one getting the wrong thumbnail?

I have never met a single person that knew Death Grips or $uicideboy$. But I guess it's normie music know because some guy on Sup Forums said it's popular

Same here. It's a Sup Forums error when two images are uploaded at the same time.

So you probably have seen 16 tumblr girls wearing Radiohead merch with their edgy alternative friends.

Face it. Radiohead is the normiest artist praised by Sup Forums along Kanye.

No

I have met a lot of pretentious people who boast about liking death grips, it really depends where you live tho.

OH NO NO NO NO HAHAHAH AH AH AH AH HHAHAHAHAHAH

see:

>implying this was by any means my main point
heck i used that one word that fans of this music hate so very much i'm sorry
please feel free to ignore the rest of my point because i mentioned that artists like suicideboys and others tend to mumble

any kanye album

your*
thanks for proving my point, kid

it should have ended here

I do feel free to ignore the rest of your point, because summed it all up; you're a faggot with a cringe complex. You can't just enjoy things, you constantly think about how listening to certain music will make you look. You're shallow, like your taste in music.

good bait for Sup Forums

ahh i see, the whole world would enjoy suicideboys if only we didn't find it cringey!
so all i need to do in order to enjoy it is to stop myself from having the natural reaction i have when i hear it, and then i'll be able to see that i actually enjoyed it after all
thanks, user, you've opened my eyes to a new way of appreciating music

tell me, does the same work vice versa? if i hear something and love it, if i just simply flick off the switch that gives me that positive reaction, will i immediately hate it?

>ITT: Art college students are SO not basic normies, K??!

Okay, I'm in school, at a liberal art's college, a place where there is a demographic of hip youths, and even here everyone -but me- is normie as fuck. You can't talk about any music, mostly any music anyway, because no one knows anything beyond maybe a couple of surface level genre-classics, and only by name. Try to articulate your words about what you like, or dislike, about a certain sound or record, they can't keep up.

I'm not pissed at them, it takes work to listen, read, watch, anything, and not everyone has time or desire to do that. I'm just very alone, and sad about it.

Holy shit, that's a swell feature on Sup Forums's part, I've been opening image search manually like a dumbo for far too long

This may make for a good copy pasta

>implying normies don't listen to major label rock music

Radiohead
Pink Floyd
David Bowie
Nine Inch Nails

The Beatles,Captain Beefheart,Coil, Nas, MF Doom, Aphex Twin, Nirvana, MBV, Weezer, Boards of Canada, GY!BE, Yes, Oneohtrix Point Never, Joy Division and Grimes just to name a few

Let's be honest, Swans, Merzbow, and Throbbing Gristle are as anti-normie as you can get.

You have a distorted view of what a normie is from being on Sup Forums too much. GY!BE and Beefheart are not normie by any means

This thread just shows how lil Sup Forums leaves the house lmao. Most normies don't like any of this shi

i can't believe they all took the bait

Boards of Canada

anyone who calls people normies are usually insecure normies

go out and talk to some people instead of spending all your time on Sup Forums being fucking pseuds
either that or i fell for the b8 on some of these but seriously you have to be really out of touch with reality if you think most people have ever even heard of these artists

Well let's start with a category of self claimed outsiders (actually normies) known as themselves as emos despite not being emo at all
>Every metal-core band in the mainstream
>My Chemical Romance
>Fall Out Boy
>Twenty One Pilots
>Melanie Martinez
>Panic! at the Disco
>tfw I enjoy almost all of what I just listed

*hasn't.
Burzum is one guy ya dingus