I marathoned the bulk of his movies from Saturday until now

I marathoned the bulk of his movies from Saturday until now.

Is there a bigger talentless hack in the history of movie making that gets as big of a praise as this cunt?

He's the Lou Reed of movies.

>Vertigo
>North By Northwest
>The Birds
>comparing Hitchcock to some jazz june hack that drowned himself in a river
Sup Forums, reddit, wherever, just fuck off back to where you came from pls

>He's the Lou Reed of movies.
He's a genius who changed art forever? Damn, I'm gonna have to watch some more Hitchcock films.

It's complete shit.

Doing movies in the 50s-60s means jackshit, you hipster fuck. They're terrible movies, formulaic and gimmicky.

He HAD to BEG people not to talk about the movies to anyone because he relied on the gimmick of suspense, otherwise no one would care and it'd just be another shitty movie.

>Lou Reed
>Genius
My sides.

>some jazz june hack that drowned himself in a river
You're confusing Lou Reed with someone else, senpai. Lou Reed was the lead singer/songwriter of The Velvet Underground and he made a solo album called Transformer that was produced by David Bowie.

>He HAD to BEG people not to talk about the movies to anyone because he relied on the gimmick of suspense
One of the stupidest things I've ever read on here and I've been on this terrible board for years. How the fuck is suspense a gimmick? Do you seriously think that every thriller/suspense film is gimmicky shit?

and all the colored girls went
>do
>do do
>do
>do do-do do do
>do-do-do-dooo
>[sax intensifies]

>formulaic
This is objectively wrong. You think Hitchcock is formulaic because you've grown up watching films that were heavily influenced by him. Many of Hitchcock's films were groundbreaking when they came out.

His were.

When you have to beg people not to speak a word about your movies after they've seen them it's because you rely on a gimmick. It means you've nothing else to offer but the fabricated, predictable surprise.

It's not even a "SPOILER ALERT" issue, it's more of a "I've nothing but SURPRISE HAHA GOTEEM" to offer.

Yeah, one could say the same about Dave Chappelle and his show and it'd be as wrong as what you just said.

Hitchcock's a hack. Quit trying to pretend there's any depth or value to him, he's an overblown gimmicky piece of shit.

Good lord you're serious aren't you? I mean about Hitchcock. You just marathoned his films, tell us more about your hours-old opinion.

>People are actually giving this faggot b8 (you)'s
S T O P
T
O
P

>You need to watch a movie 111 times throughout 10 years to truly understand a man's work
>Twice or thrice isn't enough
It's almost like you're a baby who can't form an opinion on an album after a first or second listen.

Your attention span that short?

>P-pls stop hurting m-my hipster c-cred!!

>one of the most important filmmakers of all time
>countless filmmakers and every film historians say he was an innovator that changed films forever
>"NONE OF THAT MATTERS! HIS FILMS ARE GIMMICKY BECAUSE HE DIDN'T LIKE PEOPLE SPOILING THEM! HE'S A HACK WHO'S NO MORE IMPORTANT THAN DAVE CHAPPELLE!"
What a compelling argument. You've really made me think.

I actually agree with you OP, I saw Vertigo and thought it kinda just dragged on when I saw the twist a mile away.

Hitchcock really is gimmicky, but I guess that was just his shtick at the time, kind of like shyamalan in a way.

It's going to be unpopular opinion for sure, but eh whatever goes

>Strawman
Ok.

>Kinda like Shyamalan
Fucking hell, couldn't have said it better myself.

>Strawman
All I did was take your retarded arguments and make them more over the top. Denying Hitchcock's importance is completely absurd and as long as you continue to make such a silly argument I won't take anything you say seriously. You can hate a director and at the same time acknowledge they're innovative/influential.

He is so voluminous that fanboys will point to how you haven't wasted your life studying every one of his 50 movies to appreciate his twists properly.

H hopes starting out with charismatic men will disguise the fact he's making total womenshit, so of course plebs of both sexes will promote it.

this

No, all you did was commit a strawman.

Try again please. Try to be coherent this time. I don't hate Hitchcock, I see him for what he is.

Good point. This thread basically proves it.

Nice samefagging, OP.

>No, all you did was commit a strawman.
No, all I did was take your stupidity and amplify it. Although I'll admit I shouldn't have done that, you're so stupid I don't need to amplify anything
>Try again please. Try to be coherent this time.
I'll try when you present a real argument. So far all you've done is deny his importance while babbling on about gimmicks.
>I don't hate Hitchcock, I see him for what he is.
Now you're just acting pretentious.

>formulaic
Is true.

Plot Ingredient 1
>How to almost get away with murdering your wife.
Plot Ingredient 2
>To what extent is the supremely effective woman being manipulated.

Stay tuned to find out and learn about why feminism matters from a handsome bachelor turned timid house pet.

>Smug tumblr jabs trying to weasel out of a logical fallacy

>Real argument
Already did. He's a gimmicky shit who relies on one element and one element alone through his entire career. To cite him as an influence is to cite the Beatles as an influence. It's a given. It's a name you throw because they're one of the most renowned names in their area but at the same time one of the most empty of substance and proper merit when it comes down to that.

>Pretentious
Rich coming from a guy who said what you just said in the your first sentence. Sad too.

>(You|OP)
Wow, you've even dumber than I thought. Thanks for confirming that you samefagged.

>Being this retarded
How do you tie your shoes in the morning? Or does your handler do it for you?

>Plot Ingredient 1
>>How to almost get away with murdering your wife.
>Plot Ingredient 2
>>To what extent is the supremely effective woman being manipulated.
Damn, you're right. Psycho, The Birds, Foreign Correspondent and the rest of his films are all about how to a man trying to get away with murdering his wife. How did I not notice this before?

>caught samefagging
>accidentally confirms he was samefagging
>"Shit, what do I do? I know, I'll call him retarded!"
Top kek

Exactly how am I "caught samefagging"? I am the OP, was there any doubt about that?

Jesus Christ you're fucking retarded. Like honestly, you must suffer from a mental ailment to think this way.

Eat shit

>Plot Ingredient 1
>>How to almost get away with murdering your wife.
>Plot Ingredient 2
>>To what extent is the supremely effective woman being manipulated.
But he made tons of movies that didn't have those ingredients.
>Stay tuned to find out and learn about why feminism matters from a handsome bachelor turned timid house pet.
You know he was a creepy pervert, right? You know a ton of feminists are triggered by his films, right?

Damn I didn't realize Hitchcock would make people sperg out this much

OP what movies do you like then?

>I'm a giant plebian

thanks for the update OP

Not quit a big of a hack as Kubrick and Bowie, but he's close.

Holy shit, you're pathetic. Not even a good troll.

>UR A TROLL1!!!!
Nice argument.

>tumblr
Do you seriously think only tumblr hipsters like one of the most famous directors of all time?
>He's a gimmicky shit who relies on one element and one element alone through his entire career.
Except you're objectively wrong. Mr. & Mrs. Smith is a screwball comedy that's unlike anything else he made and he made some dramas that focus more on characters than big plot twists. You claim you marathoned the bulk of his movies but it sounds like you just marathoned his most well known films from the 50s and 60s.

Pretentiousness attracts pretentious people, so yeah, there's a huge overlap there.

>You're objectively wrong
Already proved you that I'm correct. Other people you ignored proved that. He's a gimmick driven hack with no discernible talent whatsoever other than "HAHA SURPRISE" to his name.

Stop sucking his dick just because he had a big part of his career filmed in B&W, you hipster cunt.

The overuse of those ingredients is enough to blacklist the rest.

Real men don't care about the supposed adventures of another man's penis, just the tangible remains of his work.

Feminists are progressives and they will always complain that nothing goes far enough.

>shitting on Kubrick

no mercy

Hitchcock is good, and has a massive, consistent filmo so you're bound to enjoy one or two flicks no matter what. I think he's very overrated though, his flicks are definitely pleb material, the Nolan of his era, well-crafted thrillers with a few innovative ideas here and there, but overall non-challenging and repetitive.

Compared to other respected masters, he neither has real visual flair nor thematic depth. Great studio craftsman, but very boring as an artist. In a similar genre, Lang is a lot more fascinating, despite being more uneven in his Hollywood era.

He's a filmmaker everyone can like, rather than one few will love passionately while others hate him like, say, Godard or Antonioni. When I say the Nolan of his era, it's a bit of meme criticism, I think there's still something about Hitchcock works that have undeniable charm. For instance, his sense of humor and personality in interviews or AH Presents... bits, his playful cameos, etc. give him a charming aura that modern filmmakers simply cannot have.

>he made a comedy that doesn't rely on suspense at all
>he made dramas that doesn't rely on surprises
>mfw I've refuted your "HE ONLY RELIED ON GIMMICKS" argument
>mfw your response is goalpost shifting and "SHUT UP, HIPSTER!"
You should stop posting.

>Another strawman
This is the second one, almost in a row.

You should stop posting.

>"I've never understood the cult of Hitchcock. Particularly the late American movies. Egotism and laziness. And they're all lit like television shows. I saw one of the worst movies I've ever seen the other night [Rear Window]. Everything is stupid about it. Complete insensitivity to what a story about voyeurism could be. I'll tell you what is astonishing. To discover that Jimmy Stewart can be a bad actor. Even Grace Kelly is better than Jimmy, who's overacting. [Stewart] is kind of looking to the left and giving as bad a performance as he ever gave. [Vertigo] is worse. I think [Hitchcock] was senile a long time before he died."

>Another strawman
Here's you saying he only relied on gimmicks:
>He's a gimmicky shit who relies on one element and one element alone through his entire career.
>relies on one element
>his entire career.
>ENTIRE
>CAREER
Mr. & Mrs. Smith alone proves you're wrong. You can keep trying to shift the goalposts but that won't change the fact I've refuted your retardation.
>mfw you'll probably respond to this post with more "H-HIPSTER!" stupidity

contrarian faggot

>More smug shit
>One (1) example (equivalent to George Miller going from Mad Max to Happy Feet) somehow salvages who ridiculously bad Hitchcock's filmography actually is because it wasn't like the rest of his shit movies
>Thinking posting a Reddit smug image will salvage your shit """argument"""
Wew.

"My Lunches with Orson" is pure gold

>insensitivity to what a story about voyeurism could be

He's right. I like Rear Window the most because it totally encompasses Hitchcock and you can watch it and be done with him.

But the movie is hardly about voyeurism at all, it's all about suspense, or the careful omitting and revealing of the facts that were again designed to follow his patented formula (see - only H leaves the door open as to if grace kelly was also doing the manipulating from all angles just to effectively get her man to marry her)

>has irrefutably lost the argument
>is STILL trying to shift the goalposts
Damn son, you're really salty. I don't need to list other examples, I've won. Why can't you accept that? You can keep raging but all that does is make me laugh.

>I W-WON G-GUISE
Whatever helps you sleep.

>Inb4 you strawman me again

Keep trying though, I'm sure pretending to like Hitchcock will get you laid in college. Not.

>argue Hitchcock relied solely on gimmicks
>get proven wrong
>try to argue my opponent is using a strawman
>opponent points me to the post where I argued Hitchcock relied solely on gimmicks
>try to shift goalposts
>opponent refuses to play along with my bullshit
>act like a little bitch
I don't need to strawman you, I can just laugh and point at you.
>mfw you'll respond to this post with more "TUMBLR! HIPSTER! YOU DON'T EVEN LIKE HITCHCOCK, YOU JUST WANT TO GET LAID!" stupidity

>Still trying to recycle the same old """arguments""" he got BTFO on
>Still in denial that he got humiliated and proven wrong
>Still has to strut about and pretend he """won"""
>Still posting smug Reddit image reactions
>Literally lying to save your life
>Has to yell in all caps at the end pretending I didn't just profiled him on point
Wew.

>Still refuses to admit he objectively lost an argument
>Still tries to shift goalposts
>Still throws around the same baseless, nonsensical accusations
Man, the fun never ends with you.

>Literally recycling what you said in your last post pretending I didn't humiliate you
Good thing you aren't using a trip, otherwise this would be on permanent record.

If I ever see the smug images you posted again I'll direct people here to show them how much of a retard with no credit you are.

>Unironically defending Hitchcock
Lmao.

Nah, Hitchcock is pretty cool. Rope and Dial M For Murder are great. Most of his other movies are also at least good. I remember liking the few episodes of his show that I watched too.

>If I ever see the smug images you posted again I'll direct people here to show them how much of a retard with no credit you are.
Top kek, you're even more autistic and salty than I thought. Go ahead, I'm sure tons of anons will get some good laughs out of your contrarianism and objectively wrong arguments.

Repeating "UR WRONG" for an hour and a half won't make it real though.

Try again, friendo.

>They're terrible movies, formulaic and gimmicky.
You do know he's the father of formula and gimmick, right? Everything you see as "gimmicky" he invented.