/Chow/

Where do you rank him among 80s action stars?

>>jet li>chow>jackie chan

He's right up there with Arnold and Sly and the rest, to me. Those films are timeless.

#1 for me

His cool factor was very natural to me

Quentin Tarantula should have gotten more flak for stealing City on Fire

Except he barely "stole" it. Took a few shots and did his own thing.

>putting jackie last
wew lad

The ending is literally taken directly from it, as well as the general premise

what a fucker

Jackie>Chow>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Li

I agree. He should've acknowledged and credited the original, atleast after he made enough money to deal with the red tape.

>80s action stars
Jet Li was born in 1991, you idiot.

he's 53, user.

This is why history is so fucked. You dipshits never lived through it so you make shit up. This is like listening to asshole tv.

What are you talking about, friend?

Do you puckered group of assholes want to know what the 90s movie was? Other than your shitbox Pulp Fiction, it was Strange Days.

Read this thread, it's like toddlers wondering what it was like.

Still have no clue why you're so buttmad, oldfriend.

This. Anyone who's actually seen both films can attest.

The Anti-Tarantino page is one of the oldest viral things from the dawn of the Web, though. Older than The Spirit of Christmas.

>jet li
>relevant at all

90's flavor of the month actor. he had no staying power like Chan and Chow

The Killer is one of the best action movies I've ever seen.

lol

Underrated

A better tomorrow really knows how to open. The rest of the movie didn't even have to live up cause that beginning had me hyped. Too much swag in one man

the fuck are you loling about

WASNT THIS GUY A SOAP OPERA ACTOR?

he's probably thinking about the Replacement Killers

I feel he's kinda got an Alain Delon thing going in his dramatic roles. In his more lighthearted stuff he reminds me of Mel.

So yeah, he's fucking based and can compete with both.

until hollywood fucked him up

>jet li
>80 action star
full fucking retard

did he even got any big role in hollywood?
all i can remember is that shitty role in pirates of the caribbean, which was more like a cameo than a real supporting role
he went back to hong kong to do some of the "gamble god" movies in style of stephen chow and him back in the days, but they are dog shit level

they tried to give him 2 lead action roles back in late 90s early 00s, but america wasn't ready for an asian male lead (even nowadays) so shit didn't work out

then he did a The King and I remake with Jodie Foster, then a bunch of embarrassing supporting roles including fucking live action Dragon Ball, then he said fuck it and went back to HK

>then a bunch of embarrassing supporting roles including fucking live action Dragon Ball
yeah no wonder my mind didn't remember this, i tried hard to pretend it never happened

also Andy Lau knew about hollywood shit, that why he never even bother to come try and then embarrassing himself

funny thing is now hollywood is catering to chinese market but they will only cast chinese chicks cuz they appeal to both white male and chinese audiences

That movie he did with Mark Whalburgers was actually pretty decent for a dime-store 90's crime film.

The Replacement Killers is a bad movie with a good opening scene that tricked people into thinking it was quality for years.

You can safely ignore everything else.

usd burns green imjussayin

A modern Mifune.

don't really like Chow other than his God of Gambler series which was really weak after the first one

FULL CONTACT is underrated as fuck. The uncut version is one of the best action movies of the 90's

all for the winner was superior gamblingkino

He and Woo are action kino.

>Simon Yam as a this ridiculously gay villain that does magic tricks

This guy is also pretty underappreciated. He's great when you need an over the top asshole.

I think he meant that before the 90s, no one knew who the Fuck Jet Li was.

80's & 90's Hong Kong action is god tier kino

Bulletproof Monk

This. A shame the Chinese are hell-bent on destroying anything Hong Kong-related.
Chow's actually one of the very few actors that stood up against them.

Chow>>>>>Jackie Chan

Higher than Seagal

>Watch A Better Tomorrow
>Expect a cool no-brainer action flick
>Get feels the movie
WHY