Is there a single person above the age of 30 here?

Even on places like Sup Forums you have a bunch of 30+ year old, 40+ folks browsing but here it doesn't seem like there's many people above the age of even like 25. What gives? The max age I've seen someone claim themselves to be is 28.

Probably but the mass majority of Sup Forums is 18 and under

this

i started browsing Sup Forums when i was 14. when i was 15 i got invited into a skype group full of Sup Forumstants and pretty much all of them were in their teens at the time.

god if I was on Sup Forums in my 30s I would kill myself with extreme prejudice

ya im single. Why? do you want to hookup?

at least some of them are probably oldfags

if im still regularly on Sup Forums by the time i'm 30, i'm just gonna fucking kill myself

I'm 31 ama

in six months I'll be 30

i'm 31 and surrounded by white underage suburbanites on this board

what's your AOTY?

>browsing Sup Forums in your 30s

imagine being this pathetic

Ryan Power - They Sell Doomsday

You?

I didnt start browsing Sup Forums regularly until I was about 23. That was some time ago.

bedwetter - volume 1

reporting in. I mostly just come for sharethreads. I browse the catalog here and there but most of the threads are stupid.

What is it with 15 year olds nowadays who don't think the 'you're here forever' meme is true? Even 15 year olds 5 years ago weren't this retarded.

I saw an user here claiming to be 70 once. but yeah most of the people that browse this board are 15-19 year old nigger rap fans

You'll blink and you'll be 30 kid. You'll still be here because why wouldn't you be? What about this place do you possibly think is incompatible with being a successful adult?

This would explain the absolute shit choice of guitars on /gg/.

I'm 49...

1/2 of Sup Forums posters are

Im 32 with a wife and kids
I only come here because im so good at trolling art-fans. I was a huuuge fan-boy fag as a young man so I know exactly how to get under your skin.
Trolling Sup Forums got boring... all of u are so hungry for bait. /lit/ is fun too.

All actual grown up discussion about music is on reddit.

This. I started here when I was 14. I'm 24 now.

stop making excuses grandpa

I remember there being a 55 year old user who always came into my dadrock threads. You knew he was 55 because he mentioned it in every post, but it was endearing. He always had a personal story about the music. We'd be talking about how much we love Paranoid, and he comes in "I'm 55 and I remember unwrapping Paranoid." I love that shit. Little anecdotes like that I enjoy much more than a Wiki article.

55yo-user if you're out there, keep doing you.

Also anyone ever notice how closely you can guess the age of a poster? The quality of a post seems to be directly related to how old the poster was. ie: young poster=shitpost, old post=informative reasonable post.

your first mistake is believing that this board is deserving of anything other than shitposts

>All actual grown up discussion about music is on reddit.
Sad but true. Reddit is much better for actually having reasonable, thoughtful discussion. BUT, because of how Reddit is set-up, it's fucking awful. I hate Sup Forums's community with passion, but man, how can you argue with this layout? It's so clean, so efficient. You can actually have a back and forth conversation with someone. Brilliant website, terrible community.

Started browsing the site when I was 13 or 14, I'm 22 now. I made long breaks but I always came back. I guess it's true lol. Time flies.

I mean it is what it is. But you won't see this on a board like /lit/ or Sup Forums. Those userbases are obviously older, you can just tell when reading the posts. So those boards have shitposts, but it's maybe 10% of every post. I can safely say boards like Sup Forums and Sup Forums (hobbies that young people are more likely to enjoy) is at least 50% shitposts. If you don't believe me, try some board-tourism just to compare userbases. Age is the one deciding factor in post quality, every time. The more mature the subject of the board, the older the posters, the better the posts overall.

What's your opinion of Sup Forums?

Let's fuck

What's my evaluation of the board as a whole? Or my evaluation of the average age? Shit, and 16-18.

That's not the impression I get, definitely seem to be a larger percentage of older anons there.

Maybe you spend more time there than I do. A lot of Sup Forums "canon" seems like infantile shit to me. But I'd rather not derail this thread into an argument about Sup Forums for the millionth time.

the userbases may be older but both of those boards are still complete shit

especially Sup Forums holy fuck

Alright you're right, my bad.

34 yo NEET and no gf here
Ask me anything

Sure, Sup Forums was better years ago, but can you say differently about any other board? Sup Forums present day is still better than most boards I visit. Especially considering how "on-topic" each board is. Sup Forums is better at discussing sports than Sup Forums for music, or Sup Forums for movies.

Sup Forums is quite possible the shittiest board on this entire website save the obvious ones

I won't argue. This week (and I assume the next month too) are unbearable. Most of the catalog is fucking Star Wars. I have nothing against Star Wars, but not every fucking thread have to relate to it somehow?

I mean it’s supposedly the biggest pile of shit ever released isn’t it

I dunno, I didn't see it. But it's got to be better than however bad they say it is. Imagine people on Sup Forums totally overreacting about something?

I have no idea what Sup Forums has to say about it but I’ve seen plenty of normies shitting all over it

the only people who liked it were the gawker drones creaming themselves over muh strong female roles

There were some people born in the 80s when I first started browsing, but they're all gone now.

There's like a 50 year old dude who sometimes pops into to talk about seeing Springsteen and U2 in their prime.

>There's like a 50 year old dude who sometimes pops into to talk about seeing Springsteen and U2 in their prime.
Love that dude. I'm gonna make a dadrock thread right now to try to coax him out of the forest

Except that reddit kills discussion by having upvotes/downvotes and showing the total upvotes on your account page. The main reason I stopped using reddit was because almost every comment/post felt like it was in service of getting upvotes and avoiding downvotes, rather than actually saying something interesting or having a proper conversation. Sure commenting for (You)s is a thing, but it bothers me less for whatever reason.

I agree with you, I thought I touched on that in my post. Yeah the thing with reddit is you can't really have back and forth discussion. It's just, make a righteous blogpost, and people cling onto it like barnacles. It's less interactive. Honestly reddit looks like a website out of the fuckng 90s. Compared to the elegance of the Sup Forums catalog, there's really no debate.

Oh right, sorry I missed that I guess. And yeah, the catalogue is great, makes it so easy to see what's going on over the whole board.

I’m 30 faggot. What the fuck are you going to do about it?

call you a faggot

t. soyboy cuck

>soyboys in charge of calling other people soyboys

It's a well known fact that young people define music on every level. The older you get the less likely you'll enjoy new things. Therr are very few 30+ year olds that would understand what you kids are going on about.

This. Everyone "quits" music at a certain age (which is to say, quits following contemporary acts and just listens to the favorites). I hope this never happens to me but I imagine it will anyway.

why don't we strawpoll? obviously some people will lie but no one can be banned for voting

On Sup Forums, Sup Forums, etc. I'd say somewhere like 10% of the userbase it's 30+ but here it's definitely less than 1%

33 here. Only come here for sharethreads any more. I've been completely out of touch with current music for the last 5 years, at least. I have plenty of 20th century music to choose from though, so it's hardly a loss.

>my absolute face when I realize that kids born post-9/11 make up the majority of this site now.

>an entire generation of people have no memory of 9/11
fuck. is this what it's like to feel old

10 here, i love animal collective

I'll be 42 next year, i'd sexually molest most of you irl

I have been shitposting since ~2009. I just can't stop coming to Sup Forums

This board is for children.

>t. 30-year-old.

mrw an infinite amount of people browse mu