Daily Reminder that Ridley Scott has been a hack the entire time

Daily Reminder that Ridley Scott has been a hack the entire time.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5ds054OF7hY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I like Ridley as a director. He can shoot the fuck out of a scene. But Jesus Christ he should really leave storytelling to people who know what the fuck they're doing.

Well considering the Alien design is based off Giger's sexual explicit work, I can see this happening.

Get the fuck out Ridley you piece of shit

>he doesn't consider Gladiator the greatest film in cinema history
wew laddy

>hides in the closet
>would be starting at her through the glass door

>Movie is literally just a rape allegory
>Considered sexual body image as a theme

Woah so off the rails!

One of the producers went further saying the Alien was fascinated by pink skin against it's blackness.
Alien was BBC.

Don't worry OP, Ridley Scott has incorporated this face hugger design which will appear in Alien: Covenant.

Looks a little too familiar to something else...

What possible motive can you have for doing damage control for the worst director of all time

>Gladiator
>Kingdom of Heaven
>Alien
>Blade Runner

only one of the most important directors of the last 3 decades

I thought Ridley wanted Ripley's final report to be her on a vid screen from the nose up, then the camera pulling back showing she was beheaded his the xeno impersonating her voice while holding her head up to the vidcam.

>Bad
>Literally Nobody Cares
>Terrible
>Literally Nobody Cares
Try again retard

>How to spot the greatest pleb who ever lived: the post

youtube.com/watch?v=5ds054OF7hY

>Alien
>Blade Runner
>Gladiator
>Kingdom of heaven
>Black hawk down

>countless other decent - very good films

Shut your cunt mouth.

It's not a rape allegory, that's something nerds pretend to think to try to dignify their developmntal arrestation. If people would just get with cinema being a visual, graphic medium, and lose the simplistic Eng Lit symbolism, we wouldn't have embarrassingly inflated claims being made for advertising men like Ridley Scott.

>Countless
Zero is pretty easy to count

We Terminator now.

I'm convinced that Ridley Scott is a mediocre director who sometimes makes great movies accidentally.

Imagine being Alien..

Love Ridley but gladiator is just a rip off of kubricks spartacus which is much better. Shots, plot points, and lines of dialogue are lifted straight from the 1960 movie.

Why doesn't the face hugger latch onto a human dick and have the human male impregnate it? That way only the face hugger dies and creates a xenomorph instead of killing the human and the facehugger.

>arrestation

This is a Brexit-supporting English Language board friend, please take your pidgin Engrish gibbering back to Eurochan.

IRENE

Nothing you say makes any sense. The fact that cinema is visual doesn't preclude the possibility of deeper meaning or allegory. To think so is uneducated.

great director, terrible at picking scripts

well that's the problem with nerds in general.

They're incredibly stupid and immature men whose self worth depends on them pretending otherwise. So a movie can never be a movie; it needs to mean something. Mean something in the way Ms. Johnson's 9th grade English class said things mean other things.

Spartacus was just one of hundreds of other swords and sandals epics from the 50s and 60s.

That is kind of hot

>implying it doesn't wrap its tail around your dick with its vice grip
Your dick would be crushed, familia.

>tha alium was a rapist
>deeper meaning

What does focusing on the monster as a rapist do for the movie, and how is it 'educated' to watch the movie this way?

>kubricks spartacus

I think you mean Mann's The Fall of the Roman Empire

that's actually kind of scary, especially considering the alien's already highly sexual design

Literal advertisement director. Lucked into 2 films and made nothing worth noting since, if not for their universality among plebs.

some guy here uploaded a version of prometheus with all the deleted scenes spliced back in

actually made the fucking plot make sense

Yea, how crazy is it that writing, production, and directing are all three individual and distinct talents, and being good at one does not necessarily mean you are good at another as well. This is really some eye-opening shit. Quite a shocker, honestly.

Scott is actually a really good director who seems to be over-aggressive when it comes to editing his work (or spineless when it comes to dealing with execs).

That unsubtle troll
Fuck off pleb

ridley
ripley

self insert as a women getting raped

really made me think