Best Spanish accent?

Just a question to the native Spanish speakers from Spain, The Americas, and elsewhere...

How are different accents of the Spanish language perceived? Am I right in thinking that Castilian accents are perceived as more "Upper class", in the same way that a classic English accent is?

I ask as I am a geophysics student and as a lot of companies have offices/projects in Spanish speaking countries, I think this will be useful to have a second language (Plus I am having fun learning!).

I ask as I would like to guide my pronunciation towards an accent with higher social value, as business is a large motivation for me.

Any advice is much appriciated

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=07zflS1e_2E
caracol.com.co/radio/2007/01/18/entretenimiento/1169114280_380061.html
youtube.com/channel/UClwtLDoaV8J32SQQ4zLExDw
youtube.com/watch?v=6m3RSSg533M
youtube.com/watch?v=7JpLN_KoetQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Nxn6aFylZgA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's a pretty complicated question to answer since it always ends up in a major shitstorm among Spanish speakers but I'll say what are the best Spanish accents in each region.

Iberia = Castillian
Africa = Equatorial Guinea
Latin America = Choose any in the Southern Cone.

This
European Spanish and argentinian spanish are the best

this guy knows

now what is the worst accent?

some indio spanish?

probably peruvian or bolivian

I expected a shitstorm could happen lol

Do you know any resources that may help me develop a Castillian accent?

I am learning on Duolingo at the moment, but I have no idea what accent it is taught in.

Caribbean spanish is unbearable.

OP HERE

This was meant for

Well, you could do this:
1) Try to speak Castillian Spanish more often
2) If you watch TV shows, play vidya, watch films and they have a Castillian dub, give it a go.
3) Read books in Castillian
4) Visit Spain for some days and try to speak with the locals.

If you're wondering the difference between Latin American Spanish and Castillian, you could listen to them and see how clearly different is the grammar and pronounciation.

Level-headed, mature answers? On MY Sup Forums?

I'm actually going to be in Tenerife in September to gather data from Mt. Teide.

I can practice a bit them, but I doubt that is Castillian.

Thank you for the advice by the way!

The Canarian accent is a bit lulzy, don't imitate them if you're going for standard Spanish

No problem. The Canarian accent is actually almost the same as Cuban, but you could probably most of the basics over there.

probably get*

Don't fall for le

>Iberian accent is better

But if you do fall for it, choose to speak with a gorgoeus Sevillian accent. It has a nice mixtures of northern Castillian and Latin American features.

Also,
>vosotros

I'm a little biased towards andalú

>the plural of usted is ustedes
>the plural of tú is also ustedes

>No problem
>Canarian accent is actually almost the same as Cuban
I think that this is a big problem

youtube.com/watch?v=07zflS1e_2E

Cerrao cerrao

Castilian accent is by far the best considered among spanish speaking countries.

lel where did you get that from?

I've heard a bunch of times that Colombian is the clearest accent

>no distinción
>clear

It's unironically the PeruANO accent.

I'm a spaniard living in Germany.

Some latin americans I know that migrated to the Peninsula now imitate Castilian, not the other way around (castilians in South America would never try to emulate panchito accents).

People who sepak low-prestige topolects tend to imitate high-prestige topolects in an attempt to better their station, whereas people who speak high-prestige topolects or sociolects only imitate low-prestige ones ironically (for instance, affecting an andalú accent to say something grasssioso).

It is one of the clearest,yes. RAE (Spanish largest language authority) director said our accent is one of the best back in 2007
caracol.com.co/radio/2007/01/18/entretenimiento/1169114280_380061.html

Now, if you want to know the most relevant accent, that'd be the Mexican one, with the Colombian and Puerto Rican close behind. Mexico dubs basically all the media for Latam and Colombia and Puerto Rico produce the vast majority of relevant music in the hispanosphere. The accent from Spain doesn't have much relevancy in Latam. Some like it and some don't. I personally like it but it is not relevant especially compared to the Mexican one

> Choose any in the Southern Cone
Maybe in your subjective world. Hi lean is on the verge of being unintelligible. Argentinian and Uruguayan have a lot of Italian influence especially in the tonality and words they use. I'm going to admit that it's nice to here, but they aren't the clearest.

>Hi lean
Chilean*

Castillian is basic language spoken everywhere but there are different accents like

andalusian accent basically sounds like you have one big stone under your tongue and when you speak you "eat" half the vowels.

Catalan accent it's like if you have a big metal rod in your ass and you're having a seizure at the same time.

Basques speak normal, considering that their mother language is so much different from ours they have no accent.

Islanders like Tenerife sound like argentinians.

>English accent is perceived as upper class
lmao

>Islanders like Tenerife sound like argentinians.
Really? I think they sound closer to cubans , P ricans, venezuelans and costeños from here

I quite like Chilean

t. El TouristANO

Watch Spanish TVE or any TV series. That what we see as neutral Spanish. I would recommend you to learn Castillian Spanish as it is way better for writting as seseo and ceceo lead to tons of misspelled words.

>Am I right in thinking that Castilian accents are perceived as more "Upper class", in the same way that a classic English accent is?

not really.

Do any of the accents pronounce V like an actual V?

no. There's no distinction between B and V in the spanish language

I don't think accents can be inherently more or less upperclass, you have bydlo and rich people speaking every accent and in general educated people will understand each other better with less slang.

Having said that, I'd say the three more recognizable and "safest to learn" accents would be Castillian, Mexican and Colombian.

Platinean is interesting and imo cool but too special snowflake with the italian vibe and strong slang. Learning it would be a waste of time.

He is moving to Spain. In Spain having any other accent than vanilla Castillian accent is seen weird and as lower class. All Colombians except drug pimps are poor so your opinion is kind of irrelevant

If I live in Valencia do I have to learn Valencian? How similar to spanish is it?

You can't just choose to have an accent, you can learn different verbal conjugations and random slang words but to have an accent you would have to live and constantly talk with people, which happens after learning the language. At first you will have a gringo accent

Lol, keep coping lad. Actual facts say otherwise

what kind of dialect does he have?

youtube.com/channel/UClwtLDoaV8J32SQQ4zLExDw

Basque spanish

>keep coping lad
What are you even talking about? Irl Colombia has nothing but crappy oil and cocaine and any rich person there is related to drugs one way or another

>Basques speak normal, considering that their mother language is so much different from ours they have no accent.

he sounds very clear to me, maybe because he's a big youtuber. In his daily life though, ha might use some unrecognizable slang for the rest of us

Stop lying or being retarded that is not Basque. That is vanilla Castillian. Minute 3:26 is the Basque accent. Btw the Castillian accent is also common in the Basque country. Mostly in big cities+Alava

That is not Basque accent. That is just vanilla Castillian. You can find that accent almost anywhere in the country.
3:26 is the typical Basque accent.

sure thing. That's like saying every rich spaniard works in something related to the ham, wine or siesta industry. Don't be ignorant m8

this is true though + tourism.

most spaniards do not even have jobs 2 b h

Spain real multinationals and a financial sector. All Colombian companies are tiny jewish run enterprises (they are usually in touch with drug dealers) or state run companies based around mines and oil. Colombia's biggest company is the tiny oil state owned company. All the services come from Spanish or American companies in Colombia and most manufactures come from China

This. Spain is on the way down and Colombia/Mexico are on the way up.

colombian accent sounds great in women
youtube.com/watch?v=6m3RSSg533M
therefore it sounds super gay and whiny on men

> let me tell you about your country....

Valencian is the same as Catalonian and no, unless you end in a shitty village in the middle of nowhere everyone speaks Castillian.

It's easy. If you gonan do business in Europe. learn castilian spanish. If in the americas, learn american spanish

that's what castillian sounds like with 0 accent.

youtube.com/watch?v=7JpLN_KoetQ

Biggest company in Colombia is ecopetrol which is worth 3.8B $. That would barely crack it into the 35 biggest companies in Spain.

lmao

Spain grows faster than both Mexico and Colombia my dumb chicano friend

no soy el tio con el que estas discutiendo pero acepta esta información si vas a venir aquí, los colombianos están muy mal vistos en españa porque "TODOS SON NARCOTRAFICANTES", parece tonto lo se pero a la hora de conseguir piso lo tenéis absolutamente imposible aquí, o terminas pagando una millonada por adelantado (te piden 3 meses de fianza por adelantado por ejemplo) o te piden a alguien para ser tu fiador lo que hace todo muy cuesta arriba.

>
>
>
Your people are migrating to my country, Colombia, Mexico, Chile and possibly others looking for jobs.
Spain has been stagnated for a while, there's no way you can beat a country like Mexico with that huge workforce that works for pennies and is next to one of the biggest markets.

It's not unusual for people from other Spanish speaking countries to have difficulty understanding our accent, there are some nice more "neutral" ones that are still obviously Argentinian but easier to understand to foreigners.
Chilean is impossible to understand.
PeruANO and Colombian are the most neutral and easy to understand.

well, it is the second largest oil company in latam only behind Petrobras. Anyways, our largest company being an oil producer shows how fucking unstable our economy is. No one's debating the fact that Spain has a more diversified and largar economy lad

>Your people are migrating to my country, Colombia, Mexico, Chile and possibly others looking for jobs.
No they are not. It is the other way around and it is not even close
>Spain has been stagnated for a while, there's no way you can beat a country like Mexico with that huge workforce that works for pennies and is next to one of the biggest markets.
Spain is growing almost 4% a year. Mexico barely grows more than 2% and they have a lower gdp than Spain and are bordering the biggest economy on the planet

>Sup Forums threads are opened to talk about economy
>they always end up shiposting about accents and dialects

>Sup Forums threads are opened to talk about accents and dialects
>they always end up shitposting about economy

Sevillan or Madrileno

>have a lower gdp than Spain
Not for long. Mexico is bound to surpass Spain in the short-medium term

Es cierto, igualmente ya estamos acostumbrados a vivir con el estereotipo a cuestas. En los aeropuertos por ejemplo, si sos colombiano, te requisan hasta las bolas y automáticamente sos sospechoso en caso de cualquier eventualidad

But Colombians economy is really weak. Your banking sector is mostly foreign or state related. There is barely any entrepreneuership outside of some touristic companies. And the manufacturing sector is controlled by a bunch of Jews and Lebanese that are corrupt as fuck and are connected to the political elites and to the drug production to some degree. The few rich people in Colombia are in politics or the drug business to some degree.

Yes they are, my neighborhood is filled with young Spaniards looking for jobs, proper jobs, not in some restaurant or whatever.
It's also filled with Frenchies.

I know for a fact Colombia has a bunch of Spaniards working in IT.
Ecuatorians and Colombians and whatever else leave for Spain and work jobs that don't require much of an education or turn to crime, your people leave to Latin America because of your high unemployment rate amongst young people.

Caribbean Spanish is unbearable and always spoken too fast

Venezuelan is the only good choice fags

>Your banking sector is mostly foreign
hmmm. not true. The two largest bank here by assets (Bancolombia and Grup Aval) are national and private. Foreign banks, namely Citibank, Scotiabank, HSBC and more recently Itaú don't have as many clients in comparison. There's not a single state owned bank in this country besides banco agrario, which gives subsidies to farmers and is small as fuck

Yeah sure thing pal. The migration flow is 200:1. No one goes to Argentina to find a job. That is like going to Afghanistan to run away from violence.

>Your people are migrating to my country, Colombia, Mexico, Chile and possibly others looking for jobs.

not true, they are looking out for your gold, beware of them, spaniards can smell a gold nugget in half a mile radius.

>Castilla.
>What is laismo?
>Southen cone.
>Literally spanish with italian phonemes.

Retard.

>Según el Padrón de Españoles Residentes en el Extranjero (PERE) datos a 1 de enero de 2013 disponibles en el Instituto Nacional de Estadística (España) (INE) en Argentina reside la segunda comunidad más numerosa de nacionales españoles nacidos en España en el mundo, primera Francia (con 118.072), segunda Argentina (con 92.453)

>with italian phonemes
los espagnoles son asi de estuppidos o sollo este nomàs?

-Fujimoris bow to el peruANO
-In contact with aliens
-Possesses psychic-like abilities
-Controls Perú with an iron but fair fist
-Owns stables & agrarian settlements globally
-Direct descendant of the Inca blood line
-Will bankroll the first cities on Mars (Cuzcograd will be be the first city)
-Own 99% of DNA editing research facilities on Earth
-First designer babies will in all likelihood be el peruANO babies
-Is said to have 65+ IQ, such intelligence on Earth has only existed deep in the Bolivian Plateau & American educational institutions
-Ancient Incan scriptures tell of an angel who will descend upon Earth and will bring an era of enlightenment and unprecedented technological progress with him
-He owns potato farms around the world
-You likely have peruANObots inside you right now
-el peruANO is in regular communication with the Archangels Michael and Gabriel, forwarding the word of la Pachamama to the Orthodox Church. Who do you think set up the meeting between the pope & the Orthodox high command (First meeting between the two organisations in over 1000 years) and arranged the Orthodox leader's first trip to Antisuyo in history literally a few days later to elPeruANO bunker in Andes land?
-He learned fluent Quechua in under a week
-Nation states entrust their gold reserves with the elperuANO. There's no gold in Habsburg coffers, only elperuANO coffers
-elperuANO is about 7 decades old, from the space-time reference point of the base human currently accepted by our society
-In reality, he's a timeless being existing in all points of time and space from the big bang to the end of the universe. We don't know his ultimate plans yet. We hope he's a benevolent being.

Doble nacionalidad. Repito hay casi 300.000 Argentinos en España. Españoles en Argentina hay como 10 mil si quitas a todos los Argentinos con doble nacionalidad

>laismo
That only happens in Madrid and Toledo. In Valladolid Spanish is flawless

Españoles nacidos en España es ese número
Doble nacionalidad hay más italianos

>Españoles nacidos en España
Es que los Argentinos llevan viniendo a España desde los 80. El termino sudaca viene por los Argentinos que vinieron a Madrid. Nadie en España va a Argentina a trabajar. Solo los que tienen familia Argentina y doble nacionalidad

>Nadie en España va a Argentina a trabajar
Dudoso. En argentina hay infinitas veces más oportunidades de trabajo

>hay infinitas veces más oportunidades de trabajo
No. En Argentina todo el trabajo está en Buenos Aires,que es más cara que Madrid y con peores sueldos, y es una mierda ya que no tienen ninguna empresa medio importante. El paro en lugares como Barcelona o Burgos es del 9%. Y los que emigran van a Irlanda,Reino Unido o Alemania. Nadie va a Argentina

Los que no hablan Inglés o Alemán vienen para latinoamerica, no es un secreto para nadie

>Am I right in thinking that Castilian accents are perceived as more "Upper class", in the same way that a classic English accent is?
?? isn't that because of the english gentleman stereotype? It's not the same with spaniards.
Best accent to me is Castillian 2bh I also like Colombian -they speak very clean and nicely- and Chilean

forgot Argentinian** I like theirs too

Not really, I would say it sounds old fashioned or classic, but not "upper class"

>?? isn't that because of the english gentleman stereotype? It's not the same with spaniards.

This. I can't think of a single country whos accent is considered upper class. The upper class accents are actually just variations of the accents within each country, or at least that's the case here in Colombia

In English, some americans seem to perceive the British accent as more educated, but that definitely doesn't happen in spanish

he's just some underage saying stupid shit all over the threda.

Colombian banks have strong investments abroad, especially in Central America, Panama, etc.

Yeah, I was referring to the spanish speaking countries

> All the services come from Spanish or American companies in Colombia and most manufactures come from China

colombia is not that much of an open economy. most food, clothes, etc are produced within the country.

>What is laismo?

Fuck off, when we say Castille we mean Old Castille

>Not for long. Mexico is bound to surpass Spain in the short-medium term
of course because they are 120 millions anons.....we are 45 m

What is laismo? I can't find any resources in English and I'm not quite good enough at Spanish to fully understand the articles.

Even so our current growth rate is higher so unless we slow down and they speed up we're going to stay ahead.

>Venezuelan is the only good choice fags
first kill that commie scum

youtube.com/watch?v=Nxn6aFylZgA