Why is the american language so basic?

Every fucking post I see on reddit that has "scientist" in it automatically makes me puke.

A scientist who is researching the earth is called a geologist, not a fucking scientist. Why are you uneducated fuckers referring to everything as a "scientist"? Is it because the general population of the US is so dumb that you have to dumb it down?

>Every fucking post I see on reddit
stay there

>not a fucking scientist
A geologist is a type of scientist.

>reddit

Because they're technically scientist.

americans are generally afraid of science and reject it's authority over them.

at one point the most popular medical treatment in america was prayer, and many americans use to and still do subscribe to "Christian Science" eg. pray away the sick.

Shitposting used to be an art.

>I see on reddit
Guess where you need to go?

>t. Reddit

This has to be trolling right? The Americans use geologist,biologist,etc. Scientist is just a broad term covering the sciences.

Don't forget Swedish consider feminists, sociologists and progressive bloggers as "scientists".

Anyway, here are a few Portuguese limitations:

Ladder - Escada
Stairs - Escada

Finger - Dedo
Toe - Dedo

And a serious English limitation:

Ser - To be
Estar - To be

toe = dedo do pé

Same in Russian.
Finger/toe is pàlets (na rukè/na nogè) and ladder/stairs is lèstnitsa.

for me, it's scientist

Honestly, why does it matter? Did this deserve a thread?

Why is Swedish language so Russian? Literally гeoлoг, химик, биoлoг, apхeoлoг, paдиoлoг...

They're both based on latin, so greek
You are greek

Because swedes created russians

No, we are Greeks.
Third Rome 'n shit

it's almost as if languages that share a family have similarities

you mong

Kievan rus were swedes. Even your name russians comes from Ruotsi, the Finnish designation for swedes

DELET

When Russians get good at Portuguese they almost have no accent.

When I speak languages people say I have a Russian accent.

my sides

>american language

but our personal names are Greek
also the word Rossiya comes from Greek

>Ser - To be
>Estar - To be
yea, this one is tough for beginners
also saber/conocer (in all romance languages)
and some others

your ancestor :)

At least the saber/conhecer one can be explained as understand/be acquainted with.
The other one is kinda tough to disambiguate when teaching foreigners. How is it done?

Your ancestor :)

They were about equally as difficult to understand for me. You just need to memorize the cases where you use ser vs estar, for example location, emotion, position

Ser specifies something permanent or intrinsic
Estar specifies something temporary or extrinsic

Fuck off rape capital

Know the feeling.

In - Em
On - Em
At - Em

Yeah, sounds intuitive to me, but it's hart to think from the perspective of someone raised without a distinction. It's also funny how objects have genders to me and I simply don't question it, whereas somewhere Anglos are struggling to tell whether the Sun or the Moon has a dick or not.

In Russian we say
я нe yмeю плaвaть
which means i am not able or i don't know how to swim
in English they say I can't swim,
and it may be ambiguous. Do you not know how to swim or you can't swim right now because it is too cold or something.
How is that in Spanish and other languages?
In Russian we differentiate the ability in general (yмeю) and whether I can do something now (мoгy).

>Geologist
>Chemist
>Biologist
>Archaeologist (muh major)
>Radiologist
Just because you don't know English doesn't mean you have to project your insecurities on us. Also gb2 plebbit.

Géologue
Chimiste
Biologiste
Archéologue
Radiologue

It's in french but since England was a french colony, english language has also this terms in english way.

Biologist etc

You're welcome

I think he's sperging about the term usually used, but that is just cultural nuances and don't neccessarily mean anything. Like I don't think the similiar term in finnish is used often outside of yellow press ("Scientists can't explain THIS), but that may be due to the term literally translating as "science man". The term " researcher" is usually used instead.

>Term usually used
They're all sciences so they are all technically scientists
But nobody refers to biologists or archaeologists or the mix as a scientist unless they don't know the actual term, can't recall it, or are being vague

>Science man
Cute language for a cute people

I came here to laugh at your simplistic languages.

/thread

>saber/conocer (in all romance languages)
it's in other Germanic languages too (weten/kennen)

>But nobody refers to biologists as a scientist
/sci/ please

>American language
ᏣᎳᎩ?

We often use the word researcher in Norway too.

What triggers me is how English always puts so much emphasis on who does it. Every time they make a new discovery, they always introduce it with "scientists discover". Always pointing out how it's the scientists who did it as the first thing.
It's never "new research shows" or anything like that, always pointing out that it's the scientists who did it as the first thing.
It really bothers me.

We do also use the term "researcher", and have the word "science man" if we really need to use that.

>I see on reddit
And you should stay there you fucking faggot nigger