Now that the dust has settled, where does Sup Forums put part 7 in the rankings?

Now that the dust has settled, where does Sup Forums put part 7 in the rankings?

Definitive rankings: 5>4>6>3>1>2

>muh nostalgia
3>5>4>6>1>2>7

I agree it was a total nostalgiafest, but nothing's as bad as part 2.
No one wants to watch a poorly written love story between two people with no chemistry whatsoever.

so you think episode 3 is the best and you also complain about nostalgia?

My personal ranking is
5>4>3>6>2>1>>>>>

5>6>4>3>7>1>2

I enjoyed nothing about episodes 1 or 2 except for the music.

TFA convinced me that SW isnt for me.

it's an assembly line modern blockbuster. with quips/jokes and little atmosphere.

5>4>6>3>7>1>2

5>4>6>3>1>2>7

Agreed.

5>6>4>>>>>1>7>2

7 is really bland upon a rewatch

4 > 5 > 6 = 7 > 3 > 1 > 2

how does Sup Forums feel about bringing Darth Maul back to life and having him fight people all the way through the Clone Wars?

4=5>6

The rest are irrelevant since only these 3 are good enough to rank

7 is special kind of bad though.

>7 is worse than the prequels
my favorite meme

6 is still better than 7 but this is my ranking too.

4 is more charming and a better self-contained story than 5 imo even though 5 might be a more intense cinematic experience

why do the lightsaber fights in the prequel trilogy and TFA suck so much? I can't quite put my finger on it, but they feel "off" somehow

the only redeeming trait about shit wars is that they taught children digits

Present ONE (1) piece of evidence to prove otherwise

TFA had one of the best lightsaber fights in the series.

I feel this way about 4 too, 5 is better overall but because of the cliffhanger ending you have to watch 6 straight after for the full payoff. ANH is a better standalone movie.

My ranking would be 4>5>6>7>3>2>1

Because when you watched the original 3 you were a kid and enjoyed lightsaber fights.
Being 25 y/o watching two fags fighting with fictional laser sticks doesn't really do much to entertain, could be why.

Overly choreographed.
They're more flashy but lose all realism, emotion and intensity.

Say what you will about prequels, atleast they weren't a vehicle for feminism and other far left bullshit.

5 > 3 - 6 = 4 / 1 x 2 + 7

If they do a standalone Kenobi movie, they should disregard the extended media regarding Maul and have him appear as a cloaked phantom stalking Obi-wan throughout his adventures in the movie. The implication would be that it's somehow Anakin, as the only visible defining trait would be the cybernetic legs, until his reveal at the end of the movie when he whips out the dual lightsaber and the red glow casts light on his hooded face.

The plot of the movie to that point would deal with the Empire and the fate of the Jedi resting on Obi-wan's shoulders, and his own internal dilemma of whether it is right to bring them back. Maul's appearance at the end challenges this idea and provokes a response from Kenobi, to which he draws out and ignites his lightsaber; a statement that the Jedi will not die with him.

It took 7 movies and a generation for you to be convinced...?

5>4>6>3>1>2>>>Caravane of courage>>>Battle of Endor>>>>Holidays Special>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

how is the Disney series a vehicle for feminism?

P O D R A C I N G

Nice meme guys

7>5>3>4>2>1

Is Sup Forums looking forward to Rogue One?

give examples of anyone ever nostalgiafagging about III. Hard mode, no meming.

7>original trilogy>>>>prequels

Walt, you need to go back

Listen to all that bullshit JJ and Kathleen Kennedy spew and their deliberate controversybaiting.

5>4>1>6>3>7>2:
I really don't mind one all that much, I've alwasy thought it better than 6 and easily the best of the prequels.
> not as cringey dialogue
> explores different locations well
> political discourse really is reminiscent of the OTs discourse
> characters that show and not tell
> it hits the same beats and has a similar flow to 4
>inb4 muh Jar Jar

I don't pay attention to all that nonsense, what did they say?

prequels > ot > 7

in terms of each film:

return > phantom > attack > revenge > empire > a new hope > tfa

anything else is bait.

THIS IS THE OFFICIAL RANKING:
5>4>6>3>2>1>7

all others are shit

something's been bothering me about TFA: did they literally copypaste the whole plot of ANH? I rewatched the OT the other week and it was disturbingly familiar

nostalgia sells

5 >4 >6 >2 >3 >7 >1

>5>4>6>3>1>2
AotC first and ESB last?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

2 is highly underrated around here

5>4>6>7>3>1>2

>Now that the dust has settled
I don't think the dust is settled until the rest of the trilogy is released. Its a part of a whole.

She wears no lingerie in this picture, keep that in mind.

5 > powergap > 6 > 4 = 7 > powergap > 3 > 2 > 1

>WHAT IS THIS??? A SCAR????

u wot

what's the dumbest thing that the SW EU has ever produced?

how does Sup Forums feel about Kylo Ren?

Pure and Utter Faggot

I still don't get this

but isn't he supposed to be a little wannabe faggot?

Is Ewan McGreggor /ourguy/?

>until his reveal at the end of the movie when he whips out the dual lightsaber and the red glow casts light on his hooded face.
Kotor already did that

angsty teen/10
Not a very imposing villain.

5>4>6>3>7>1>2

Any other interpretation is not canon and also bad

>I don't browse Sup Forums

Fuck off then, tourist

5 > 4 > 6 > 3 > 1 > 2 > 7

Dont know how anyone can say 6 is better than the prequels. The Ewoks alone make it horrible. Then the factor in, oh wow just a bigger death star again and it makes it unbearable to watch.

5 = 4 > 6 > 3 > 1 > 2 > 7

3>5>4>1>7>6>2

5>3>4>1>7>2>6

>just a bigger deathstar

That's exactly what lures the rebels into the trap.

is General Grievous the biggest jobber in the series?

5>4>7>6>3>1>2

switch 7 with 6 if you wish, otherwise it's the objective ranking

how can anyone say any of the prequels are better than 7 is beyond comprehension. being contrarian for the sake of being contrarian i guess.

I got you pham,

Star Wars > Empire > Sith > Jedi > Menace > Clones > Awakens

While I hate Attack of the Clones, the whole mystery story with Obi-Wan, Jango Fett and Count Dooku are pretty cool. I like the Geonosis arena too, sue me.

Awakens is completely forgettable and it's only been a year since it came out.

>Awakens is completely forgettable and it's only been a year since it came out.
This. Very true.
JJ couldn't produce anything worth remembering. What a cashgrab. Literally he was like 'grab the cash and then be done with it all'

was Star Wars ever good, or is it just propped up by nostalgia?

best character in the movie imo

The OT are classics, albeit overhyped.
They're definitely damn fine adventure sci-fi flicks but imo not the flawless masterpieces most seem to think.

this, 3 was pure memekino

The first two were.

Practical effects and more interesting cinematography.

Because they look like they're dancing. They're doing all kinds of capoeira and breakdance shit without need. But the saber fights in TFA are the best in the series. The saber fights in the first trilogy are a little bit ridiculous, specially in episode 4.

>Practical effects
The ones he lied about?
>more interesting cinematography
haha

True Power Ranking

1>3>6>2>4>5>7

Rogue One is going to fuck up these Star Wars rankings. Do we call it 3.5 or 7.5 or RO? It's gonna look like SHIT!!!

5>6>4>7>3>1>2

>The ones he lied about
What u mean?
>haha
Nice argument.
Dialogue scenes were more interesting because it wasn't just shot/reverse shot.

I believe the movie borrowed too much from the originals and Rey was a mary sue but it introduced a lot of new and different things that I'm looking forward to the rest.

R1

He acts like a kid, but i think that's what he is supposed to act like, because he is still a young student. Just like Luke acted like a kid in the first trilogy. These means that kylo has the most potential as a developing character, because the other dude (the mary sue dude) is already the best at everything.

As Movies:

5>4>6>7>3>1>2

as SW movies:

5>4>6>3>2>1>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Very interesting especially considering the deceptive marketing around him. I honestly thought he'd be a darth vader wannabe that would never live up to the original but they took that expectation and made it a core part of his character. He is an angsty guy who wants to live up to his granddaddy's legacy but never will and he knows it. It's why he's very insecure and angry all the time.

This is the finest troll ever.

Or the finest retard, can't tell.

The "cinematography" was copy-shots from the previous movies and generic flat angled shots. The movie doesn't even look as good as parts of the prequels. The dialogue is terrible and isn't elevated in any way by the camerawork. Dissing shot/reverse shot shows you really don't know anything about delivery and timing, as the Coens use that exact method to deliver some fantastic conversations.

7 was a gray inoffensive soup product peddled to the masses that only gets praised because it's "not as bad as the prequels" while still being a mess of nostalgia and non-innovation.

>the mary sue dude
are you talking about Rey?

It could even be a better MOVIE than the prequels, but is a pointless SW movie (worse, it ruins the arc of many character in the OT) and is dishonest to the core.

>Inoffensive soup product
Then why is Sup Forums so buttblasted over a black guy being in it?

For me,

5, 6, 7, 4, 3, 2, 1

I like TFA but why would you personally rank it above ANH considering it borrows so heavily from it?

1>2>3>4>5>6>7

in that order

>(tv) is one person
I unironically thought Bodega's performance was the best out of the main characters
Rey was far far worse in every way shape and form

But the movie IS an example of a "how can we do the least different "addition" to this universe where the fanboy manchildren can guarantee us billions if we don't offend their sensibilities?" and so adhered to everything we'd already seen before and hired JJ, the king of bland adequate action movies.

Yes, believe it or not. Although 7 is a direct copy of 4, I think 7 is more enjoyable

Ah okay then, I loved Boyega's performance too and I thought Rey was bland as butter bread. She doesn't even pass the Plinkett Personality Test. Fucking Phasma passes that.
I am confident episodes 8 and 9 will be a lot more different. Playing it less safe. Episode 7's purpose was to bring star wars back with positive reception and a star wars sticker on every kind of product. It succeeded so now it's in the safe zone to expand.