Is this the best horror movie ever?

is this the best horror movie ever?

No, but that one shot at the end was genuinely terrifying

not even top 50

>Lake Mungo
>good
It was pure shit. Why anybody likes it is beyond me.

i know that feelio

It's garbage. Sup Forums, as usual, loves it because it was a flop and people here are contrarians.

>best horror movie
it's essential mockumentary core but i don't know if it would be fair to rank it as a horror movie, it's creepy and does a monumental job of building atmosphere but it's more of a depressing supernatural drama than straight up horror

those credits though

>hurr it flop so it wuz bad
it was reviewed well you stupid cunt, who's the contrarian now?

>the girl's a ghost
>turns out the photos were faked
>then it turns out the girl was a ghost all along

L
O
L

The acting in this movie is so shitty.

Watch the Poughkeepsie Tapes if you want to see bad horror acting.

my only real complaint with this film was that this aspect of the plot (while it was a nice red herring) was a little clumsily done, a couple of the "fakes" aren't actually explained so i guess all the characters just decided to ignore those ones?

elaborate

Was the point of this movie the girl wanting her family to find out more about her so she did spooky things as a ghost?

ye, namely her mum. the film was about the relationship between mother and daughter

Are you serious? That one shot at the end was so corny that it came close to ruining the entire thing. Horrible ending.

Why can't an atmosphere project just stick to what it set out to do and follow it through all the way? Why do so many fuck it up at the end?

I just want more projects like 'Session 9'. I want more decent atmosphere horror. It's really the only horror worth a shit. Is that so much to ask??

What's here to elaborate? It's shitty, that's all. Just watch those fragments with her parents again. And I don't blame them - I guess, it's really hard to act as normal people participating in some documentary. Still, the movie is quite spooky - I'm not saying that it's bad.

It's not even close, but it did do a good job in a few spots.
A couple of the interviews where they're talking about seeing supernatural shit spooked the shit out of me. One of the only times a fictional movie has ever spooked me just through dialogue.

I honestly thought the parents sold it very well. One thing that stuck out at me was how geniune the dad seemed. I was actually impressed to find out most of them weren't professional actors. But i respect your opinion

Some of the worst acting from the talking heads and police spokesmen

>It's true. It's all true. The Bogeyman is real and you found him.

Absolute kino.

Oh shit. I thought this was a ITT: Best horror movies thread. Misread it Sorry, guys.

>visionary director Rob Zombie

Man, I watched this movie a million times when it came out on DVD.

'Psychological horror' is such fucking garbage
>2 hours of doing nothing, supposedly 'creating tension'
>show something spooky in the end
>retards and pseuds will praise it like there's no tomorrow because 'le jumpscares are bad'
Every fucking time

Why wouldn't you, user?