It's genuinely depressing to me that Green Day used to be so good and what happened to them

It's genuinely depressing to me that Green Day used to be so good and what happened to them.

I probably spend at least 4 hrs a week thinking "oh man, you used to be so good".

If they had split up after American Idiot I think they'd be in the top 5 bands of all time no questions asked. If they carry on the way they have they might not even be in the top 100 anymore.

Talk about every year decreasing the quality of your own eulogy.

they already aren't in the top 100

Then you either listen to generic dad-rock or "obscure" indie garbage.

?
Why are they a top 100 band? Yeah, they used to be great, but I don't think a 'top 100' band could come out with the shit they make now.

What the fuck happened to Sup Forums.
Tell me, what do you consider obsecure indie garbage?

Aside from that, yeah, Green Day went to shit after American Idiot.

Well, besides the obvious offenders (aka. 99% of Sup Forumscore), there's that stupid A Crow Looked At Me album that disgusted the absolute fuck out of me. It's like people just want to be pretentious nowadays.

I don't like new Green Day, but at least they made genuinely decent albums.

oh

Green Day were shit from the start. Take off your nostalgia-tinted glasses OP.

Fuck off. Green Day was good until American Idiot

I was a pretty big Green Day fan but even in middle school I realized that American Idiot was a step down from everything before.

Looking back now even Warning is not great, but it's got a unique enough sound that I can forgive it. But they were never gonna be anywhere close to the top bands of all time. Not even in the top 50 desu.

t. 18 year old college freshman

So look, I've been friends with this fucking guy for 18 years now. I love the dopey cunt. But every single time Green Day tour the asshole buys me a ticket. So I go along with him and his step-brothers and we all end up crying with our arms around each other when they play 'Good Riddance'

Fuck you Lachie, I should be past this by now

Don't like Green Day at all but that sounds pretty nice senpai

There is nothing pretentious or obsecure about A Crow Looked At Me. What the fuck's "pretentious" about it? There is nothing hard to grasp instrumentally or even conceptually, I'd call it Mount's most accessible work by far, it is literally a concept of his wife passing, what is pretentious about that?
This thrashing of Sup Forumscore is getting pretty boring.

It IS nice. The fuckers still play their asses off every time and I always leave with this sickening good feeling

Please take me with you

On this last tour Billie Joe added a 'FUCK TRUMP' to 'Minority' and ain't no trumpfag but that was cringey as fuck. But I still cheered and fist-pumped the air.

Well, it IS really cringy but I'll let it slide since it's Billie

I mean, his heart's in the right place. It just sucks to see a dude I loved when I was 10 be so out of touch and irrelevant

Look on the bright side, the dude's doing better than his peers.

Green Day was never good though... OP I don't even wanna know what other shit you listen to

I don't really mind Green Day, but even if you take away all their trash albums saying they could possibly be top 5 bands of all time is a HUGE stretch. They are a good pop punk band but they haven't really done anything that groundbreaking or truly interesting to justify top 5.