Racism in American History Over-Exaggerated

I'm almost 100% sure that racism in the U.S has been over-exaggerated. Leftists have been screaming Trump is a racist when he never said anything racist. I stumbled across this article about Nixon saying how he hates all Irish and Italians and so and so, and when I clicked on it the worst he said was "The irish get mean when they drink" and "Italians are wonderful people, but they don't have their heads screwed on tight".

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1338217/New-tape-recordings-reveal-Richard-Nixons-racist-rants-resigning-Watergate-scandal.html

If the left is this eager to call someone a racist then think about how distorted real racial history is in the United States. They claimed that "The Irish faced horrible discrimination and Italians were lynched and the Poles were segregated". I have a feeling the Irish/Italian/Poles were treated exactly like blacks are today but the left went on about "THEY DINDU NUFFIN! Systemic racism must be stopped!"

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/8196249/Richard-Nixons-scorn-for-Jews-blacks-Irish-and-Italians-revealed-in-new-tapes.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Oh and here is another one

telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/8196249/Richard-Nixons-scorn-for-Jews-blacks-Irish-and-Italians-revealed-in-new-tapes.html

There is definitely true to that. People act like blacks in the South were being lynched just for being black but the truth was that both blacks AND whites were getting lynched for committing heinous crimes.

It's less that they got lynched for being black, more they got lynched for raping and murdering some girl or something similar.

If the Irish and Italians were treated poorly in America, that'd be news to me and my Italian grandparents.

The whole Irish/Italian thing is just an alchemy of white people who think they actually have a shot at the oppression Olympics gold medal. No leftist cares, because leftism isn't anti-discrimination, it's anti-white.

I'm reading more about this. The KKK never actually went around just lynching every black man they saw. They justified it with a crime. There was probably some false accusations because the KKK never gave them a trial but it still is not even close to just lynching someone for being black.

> the Irish and Italians were treated poorly in America, that'd be news to me and my Italian grandparents.

>The whole Irish/Italian thing is just an alchemy of white people who think they actually have a shot at the oppression Olympics gold medal.

However I think leftists are trying to turn whites away from conservatism/Trump by saying "oh 100 years ago you were discriminated as much as blacks today so don't vote in a racist!". They want Irish/Italians/Poles to relate more with the racial victims to not vote in someone like Trump.

You can't allow yourself to exist within the moral paradigm of the left. If you try to mitigate the lynchings by pointing out that they were really just a measure of frontier justice, you're still buying into the implicit premise that if the scenario were to have happened as described, the leftist would be right.

The correct answer in your mind should be "I don't care, racism is good". The correct answer from your lips should be the first part of that.

Except isn't that admitting you are a bad person? I mean wanting someone dead for their race is still pretty fucked up.

The fuck are you talking about? The left doesn't give a shit about white ethnic identity. I've literally never seen this argument in my entire career of posting Trump pepe memes on twitter.

Anyways, I don't care, racism is good. I'm endorsing anti-Italian-American racism as an Italian-American. The only thing Nixon did wrong was opening the market to China.

I've seen that argument used before. They said "oh so you think turning down Syrian refugees is a good idea? Look where you came from" and it shows the Potato famine refugees

>The only thing Nixon did wrong was opening the market to China.
What about the drug war?

It's less a question of what's wrong or right and more a question of where your moral axis should lie as an individual of a different tribe. If you were to ask me about the welfare of a black person, you might as well be asking me about the geological composition of the kuiper belt. It's not that I hold any antipathy or scorn towards space rocks or blacks, simply that they are necessarily not in my orbit.

Applying your moral compass to people outside of your tribal group is a leftist axiom, it has no basis in reality and you shouldn't give it a second thought.

We don't want to kill blacks or wish them any ill will, it's just that their welfare is not our concern. This is freeing.

I didn't even need to look at the flag to know it was you

Yep. The Slovenian poster.

But why determine tribe by race? What makes race bond people together? Why not do it by religion, or hair colour, or eye colour, or nationality, or whatever?

I'm not prescribing reality to you, I'm describing reality to you. I'm not telling you that race is the basis of tribal identity, I'm describing to you that race is the basis of tribal identity.

Leftists hold that race is as arbitrary as those things you listed, but it really is the most elemental building block of human evolutionary history. In this capacity, the question isn't what one's race is, but what one's genetic relatedness relative to you is. Genetic relatedness is the basis of tribe and the basis of human evolution. Much of what we do has this root.

'Race' is just the macroization of this concept. For example, as an Italian-American, my elemental tribal group is slightly different from your own as a Slovenian subhuman, but our genetic relatedness within the context of a single nation with genetically highly foreign people is high. As such, our identity is necessarily entertwined.

There is a significant body of empirical evidence backing what I'm saying - the importance of race to tribal organization - but look at the reality of the situation. Racism exists. It isn't tautological to point out that if race is such a seemingly universal and powerful organizing point, racism is justified. It's an inherent faultline to the nation-state, and should be the basis of your self-identity.

Blood and soil. It's not just something funny mustache Austrian man made up one day.

Ok so what would your race be as an Italian-American. Would it be Italians or would it be white? This is the problem where do you draw the line. And I don't appropriate being called a subhuman.

It's like asking me at what point on the rainbow does orange differentiate from red. It's a gradient fallacy, which is to assert that because a sample is graded, nothing meaningful can be assessed.

Genetic likeness is the basis of meaningful racial identity. Refer to the picture attached for more information. Europe is highly genetically insular.

Ok well Italians have black blood, Arab blood, jewish blood, Roman blood, and germanic blood. So tell me if race really determiines who you belong to.

You're not quite getting it.

Attached is a simple version of events.

I don't get it actually.

I'm out of ideas.

Read The Spirit, the Family, and the Unconscious it shows how race has nothing to do with anything.

I made a thread asking about American 20th Century racism and what the truth is behind it.

I was led to believe that Americans were violent psychopaths waiting to kill anyone who wasn't them. And yet, the most racist nation on the planet as soon at the late 60s hits, they stop they're barbaric ways and turn into pacifists? I find that hard to believe. But at the same time, there were laws like Jim Crow.

I don't know, what do you think Sup Forums? Has anyone ever bothered to dig into it?

I think Jim Crow laws did exist but it's not like blacks were bullied on the street just for being black. It's kinda like an employer and employee. It's considered better to be an employer but most people don't think employees are subhuman or dislike them.

There's no way I believe someone as dumb as you reads philosophical treatises on Hegel.

You're stupid as fuck. I am good at reading but I suck at science like DNA stuff.