Would I Lie to You and other British Panel Shows

a.k.a David Mitchell Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-2z-AdzgKjY
youtube.com/watch?v=aHun58mz3vI
youtube.com/watch?v=b6a7qNl1Fug
yougov.co.uk/news/2016/02/07/british-press-most-right-wing-europe/
newstatesman.com/politics/media/2015/09/there-left-or-right-wing-bias-bbc-question-time
newstatesman.com/broadcast/2013/08/hard-evidence-how-biased-bbc
radiotimes.com/news/2014-06-25/peston-is-right-left-wing-bias-at-the-bbc-is-a-myth
radiotimes.com/news/2016-10-03/bbc-should-admit-to-its-liberal-bias-and-introduce-a-right-wing-hour-to-radio-4-says-david-baddiel
independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/bbc-accused-of-political-bias-on-the-right-not-the-left-9129639.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bumperino. Who was he married to again?

Panel shows are SJW central these days. Just stay away.

Not really, David, Frankie Boyle and that "Are you paying to much for your car insurance" bloke are fucking hysterical, without pandering

Nah mate he's right. Even Have I Got News For You is turning that way.
I want the glory days of Room 101 and Never Mind the Buzzcocks back

Would I lie to you doesn't really touch on politics very often. I avoid the politically oriented ones.

OH MY GOD THE DAILY MAIL

UKIP!

So there's this thing called the internet, as I'm sure you're aware, and on the internet there's a site called Sup Forums, which is basically a bunch of idiotic halfwits complaining that everyone else is "off-topic."

The thing is, on Sup Forums, everyone posts with the same name, Anonymous (which ironically isn't actually a name but rather a determination that one HAS no name). You'd think that would be confusing, but all of these people are so terribly simple minded that the only things they manage to write on there are so meaningless that nobody cares who's addressing who anyway.

It's all just one big textual cauldron of nonsense, arranged in little blue boxes which have numbers in the corner to impose some semblance of order on this festival of bullshit.

Oh, and there's "dubs." "Dub's" is where these simpletons actually celebrate the fact that their previous little box, or the little box of another moron, has been assigned a number that ends with the same two digits. Kind of like when the odometer in your car reaches the point where it turns to ten thousand miles and you see the numbers all turn over at the same time and get a mild feeling of satisfaction, it's that, but on the most pitiful scale imaginable.

THERE'S A ONE IN TEN CHANCE OF THIS HAPPENING, IT'S NOT AN ACHIEVEMENT, STOP BEING IMPRESSED BY INEVITABLE RECURRENCES OF THE SAME NUMBER BEING DISPLAYED TWICE IN A ROW, GET YOUR HEADS OUT OF YOUR ARSES, GO OUTSIDE AND GET A FUCKING LIFE!

Are Brit slags best slags?

lol fuck no

>Read that in his voice

Angry logic

Check'em

>1 in 10

There is a one in ten chance of getting dubs.

It's been 9 posts since I got dubs...

Wait, no, it had been 8 posts, NOW it's been 9 posts since I got dubs.

NOW it's been 9 posts since I got dubs

U wot
No turkey
You fucking idiot Sup Forums, you total fucking idiot!
That was YOUR job you fucking moron!
You cretin!
YOURE A FUCKHEAD
THATS WHAT YOU ARE
A
FUCKING
SHITHEAD

NOW it's been 9 posts

NOW it's been 9 posts

See?

1 in 10.

Ah've been on that internet again right... An' it's always bin a bit wonky annit, always bin a bit weird yeah? But ah givvit another go 'cos like, it's technology and that innit, it's the MODERN AGE, where the marvels and wondrous digital contraptions brought forth by the electronic magicians truly boggle the contents of one's consciousness!

So ah went on there right an' this geezer went to me, ah dunno 'oo it woz coz like his name was "Anonymous," an' I'm pretty sure that wasn't 'iz real name, or if it woz, iz parents must've been on sumfing FUCKING MENTAL...

But anyway ee's come up to me on the internet right, on this site called Sup Forums which at first glance looks kind of like just a load of pictures an' writing an' that, sort of like a book, but the literary contents are NOT reminiscent of any TOME, VOLUME or PARCHMENT upon which yor 'umble narrator has ever set his gaze... WHERE WOZ I... THIS GEEZER, ee's gone: "'Ere," I sez "Wot," an 'e goes "For you."

I deliberated muchly on this pearl of unbridled wisdom, worthy perhaps of Descartes or else some other philosophical dabbler of his ilk, an' fort to myself "Not this again" coz it must've bin the fifteemf time somebody seddit on there in like ten minutes! Or mebbe it wuz the same geezer I dunno, EVERYONE'S FUCKIN' ANONYMOUS!

So, not one to leave such mysterious verbal fruit dangling before me, ah sed to 'im: "Oi m8, wot's yor fuckin' problem? 4 me? Wot's 4 me?" An this OSCAR WILDE of wit and charm told me to fack off back to Tumblr! I said "Excuse me bravva, I don't meen no disrespect or noffin' but mebbe YOU need to fuck off back to SKOOL, because YOU seem to be in dire desperate NEED of some educational and academical enlightenment!"

I dote know if it was just him callin' me a faggot twenty times, or twenty different Anonymouses, each one calling me a faggot, or some statistical comprisation between the two right, but ah basically got called a faggot twenty times... Not very modern AFTER ALL!

>tfw user reposts your oc

Frankie Boyle is a fucking SJW cunt. he got all pissy over jeremy clarkson, calling him a bigoted racist and shit. This from a man who tells edgy jokes for a living

He went to a school in my hometown

Nobody in the UK watches our panel shows. The fact pardners lap them up is testament to how fucking dense they are, really.

btw only connect is the only half decent quiz show

I miss Shooting Stars

m8 you must not be from the uk. All people watch here are those stupid panels shows, singing competions and whatever channel 4 doc about pikeys on benefits is on

Somebody's clearly watching them.

>Panel Shows

youtube.com/watch?v=-2z-AdzgKjY

I just can't stand most any more. I still watch HIGNFY though.

Fucking spot on.

Also uncomfortable journalist is well fit.

Why are her ears so cute?

panel shows used to be my fav thing in my late teen/early twenties.

i think I got bored of the formula, same guests similar quips.
I might try HIGNFY again or QI.

I enjoy 8 out of 10 Cats Does Countdown and I would like to personally deliver semen rations to Rachel and especially Susie.

Thank you and god bless.

gross

She is like a little hobbit.
I approve.

Last week's 8 Out of 10 Cats was actually pretty good. Good banter between Rob Beckett and that bald flamer

duh, there is no point wanting something you have

>ywn gently take susie's anal virginity as she makes cute faces and blushes when you make eye contact

So he pulls the bag off his head and says 'you're a big guy', and Bane says 'for you'. It's brilliant Stew she says. It's the biggest film since the silent age, Batman Rises by Chris Nolans. He pulls the bag off his head, says 'you're a big guy' and Bane says 'for you'.

The biggest film since the silent age. Not Lawrence of Arabia. Not Citizen Kane, no! Batman Rises by Chris Nolans.

He says 'you're a big guy' and Bane says 'for you'. Then Aiden Gillen makes a face. The biggest film since the silent era

He pulls the bag off his head, Stew! Stew! Listen Stew!
He pulls the bag of his head, says 'you're a big guy'. Then Bane says 'for you'.Then Aiden Gillen makes a face. The biggest film since the silent era.

He pulls the bag of his head, says 'you're a big guy'. Then Bane says 'for you'.

Then Bane says 'for you'.

Then Bane says 'for you'.

And Aiden Gillen makes a face. The biggest film since the silent era.

It hurts, bro. IT HURTS.

youtube.com/watch?v=aHun58mz3vI

Brooker used to be my hero years ago.

his wipes and black mirror are still worth watching desu.
He's become too left nowadays. like he predicted in his early work he's become part of the establishment.

not that I'm calling betrayal it had to go that way.

oh my god, the daily mail

I watch some of the Panel Shows, but I don't watch singing competitions or what you mean by 'pikeys on benefits on channel 4', though I do watch Gogglebox.

waifu

not funny dude, let me enjoy my fantasies

one day I know I'll meet susie and we'll fall in love, and I'll make love to her sweet, maiden butthole

>le exasperated rant man

is this unfunny cunt still stealing a living on "comedy" programs?
literally (literally) never known anyone to find him funny.

>butthole
I think you mean her 'special spot'
youtube.com/watch?v=b6a7qNl1Fug

how is he part of the establishment

ISN'T IT
DON'T THEY
He's like a bulldozer on a mission to destroy any joke that exists

Not him but Brooker is now quite overtly left leaning i.e. the mainstream 'acceptable' position which dominates the media. He used to be reasonably critical of anything he deemed nonsensical regardless of if it was on the left or right; now he's another progressive liberal.

See? 1 in 100

>conservative government
>conservative media (daily mail, the sun etc)
>liberals are still "the establishment"
Why does le altright have such a persecution complex?

different guy

I used to consider myself left but I now consider myself moderate now. although i don't think I actually changed that much.

it is clear however that the BBC has a left leaning stance.
I mean all panel shows have to have 1 female on them to match a quota. not to mention the casts are always as diverse a Brazil.

>conservative government
conservative doesn't mean what it used too, the Overton window has been sliding to the left for decades now, modern conservatives are little more than slightly more fiscally responsible liberals

>conservative media (daily mail, the sun etc)
if you truly believe that the majority of the media is conservative then there's no helping you

>liberals are still "the establishment"
the 'establishment' encompasses more than just those who are in power (which, as said above is most certainly not a truly conservative group), there has been a consistent push towards the progressive left in all western countries for many decades now, the establishment is firmly liberal

also I'm not le altright

MARK WATTS

>if you truly believe that the majority of the media is conservative then there's no helping you
yep liberals like rupert murdoch
>the 'establishment' encompasses more than just those who are in power
literally the definition you retard

>le conservative media tells people what to think

>her

>watching actual Countdown and not 8 out of 10 cats Countdown
absolutely fucking disgusting

WAIFU
A
I
F
U

>that all caps at the end
ruined it, just showed how butthurt you are over some sick digits (like these)

>Frankie Boyle is a fucking SJW cunt
No, he's just Scottish
Left leaning and willing to attack the English for any perceived slight
He's not pandering and is probably delighted he offended you

noice

>I might try HIGNFY again
Do, its definitely improving
Paul's still phoning it in (he has literal depression) but Ian's been on top form this series

QI has always been naval gazing masturbation that's entertaining 20% of the time and ego stroking all the rest. Thank God Fry's gone

Actual Countdown is actually novel.

different user

I'm more disappointed desu. you would think he would be anti-PC.
although I did think he was one of the funniest men at one point. I realise it's not that hard to be edgy.

>40% owned by BBC
>60% owned by conservative news orgs
Also the BBC is impartial.

>BBC
>impartial
U 'avin a laff?

They don't mean that the shows talk about politics, they mean that the diversity rule has made all panel shows inherently unfunny and forces morons like them to look at and listen to women and non-whites, whom they believe are all unfunny.

*cute girl (ears)

Lefties think it's right-wing, right-wingers think it's lefty.

Must be doing it's job of impartiality fairly well.

Why would a right-wing organisation be pushing transgender issues and promoting both females and non-whites?

It's been accused of racism, homophobia, pro-thatcher shit

It's also been accused of political correctness, pandering to minorities and quotas

You fucking tell me, but left and right both look on it and see different things

Yeah racist against whites.

Smokescreen to push their pro monarchy, pro tory agenda

From your perspective.

Perspective is always the key with the BBC.

That's a good slag.

uhm no
>requires one female and one ethnic on every panel show
>right wing

>It's been accused of racism, homophobia
what hasn't

The THIIIIIIIIC Queen.

Last I checked they were still pretty good but that was 3 years ago. They did seem to start to trend toward a slightly more PC culture but I hope that's not the case.

Panel shows should always be as honest and fun as possible.

How can those tits be that big?

When is Never Mind the Buzzcocks returning?

Never

stew-posting is underrated

They don't require an ethnic, and shows like The Blame Game don't even need a woman

Go and google it if you're actually interested, I'm not gonna bother arguing with you, or would you just like to continue living with your confirmation bias?

>I don't have any evidence to support my argument

Ok.

She's hot but her show "Only Connect" is gash

>40% owned by the BBC
Plus 7% by Trinity Mirror, 3% by the Guardian, 2% by the Independent, 1% by Channel 4; then tack on left-leaning blogs etc.

When has someone working at the BBC ever had a rant that revealed them to be right-wing?

>gambler
>unironically used goods
>militant feminist
>used mitchell as a backup for literally half a decade

And yet, sitting here, looking at this picture, I get why he did it. I get why he would throw away his self respect and the legions of 22 year old slightly off oxford english lit postgrads that would have psycho fucked him forever.

David is a proud englishman, and therefore a titlover and a cuck. God bless the queen

Best 'smartarse' quizshow on TV you mean.

kill yourself

Well the nazis were left wing so calling them bad makes you right wing.

3/10, made me respond. I said it depends on perspective, didn't I shitnuts? Maybe you'll be able to understand why other people might view it differently to you, but I suspect your lack of theory of mind might get in the way

yougov.co.uk/news/2016/02/07/british-press-most-right-wing-europe/

newstatesman.com/politics/media/2015/09/there-left-or-right-wing-bias-bbc-question-time

newstatesman.com/broadcast/2013/08/hard-evidence-how-biased-bbc

radiotimes.com/news/2014-06-25/peston-is-right-left-wing-bias-at-the-bbc-is-a-myth

radiotimes.com/news/2016-10-03/bbc-should-admit-to-its-liberal-bias-and-introduce-a-right-wing-hour-to-radio-4-says-david-baddiel

independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/bbc-accused-of-political-bias-on-the-right-not-the-left-9129639.html