Just watched the 30 minutes of the pilot

I was expecting a freak show but instead I got myself a detective story.Also acting & dialogue is atrocious but I think I can't criticize a '92 show for these.

Is there any reason for a millennial to keep watching this show?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Episode_29_(Twin_Peaks)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>acting & dialogue is atrocious but I think I can't criticize a '92 show for these
not so much the 90s fault as much as Lynch and Frost going for a deranged take on soap operas as part of the overall style of the show

>Is there any reason for a millennial to keep watching this show?

yeah, it's real good

What is there to say.

If you like to jerk yourself off to Lynch, you will enjoy it.

If you are of reasonable intelligence and see Lynch for what he is, an absolute hack, you won't even bother.

Actually this is my first Lynch stop.Never seen anything made by him before.

>Is there any reason for a millennial to keep watching this show?
The first season is pretty good, but the second goes from bad to worse to complete shit. If you like the style, just watch it, it only has 35 Episodes overall or so, and you can disregard the second season and instead read a summary on wikipedia or something.

>acting & dialogue is atrocious
it's just different. It's not bad, just not your standard modern acting. It's a little hammy and over the top but it's sincere and convincing, the only things acting and writing *need* to be

He should watch last episode anyway.

The only worthwhile thing about it is the "see you in 25 years" line.

>see you in 25 years
>got delayed til 2017
She lied

It's not a good show by modern standards, so whatever.

I bet this faggot likes Wes Anderson

Not at all, his films are impossible to enjoy if you didn't suffer some kind of sexual trauma in your childhood.

Keep trying though.

It's a comfortable watch, though as others said, the second seasons gets way over it's head, and very fast. Still should watch it if you've got nothing else.
The intro music/scene is really good.

Is this true?Don't compare it with shit like TWD or AHS please.

name your top 5 tv shows.

You do realize that line is not from the last episode, right?

I don't think millennial will get much out of it, but you can try if you want. It's aimed more at adults.

>you can disregard the second season and instead read a summary on wikipedia or something

Plebiest thing I've read today.

I just watched this and I spent the entire series repeating the words "This is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes..." under my breath.

I fucking hated it. I was writhing around on the floor in front of my sofa for the last 30 episodes it was so painful.

>Ayy le quirky FBI agent lmao
If you liked it you're in the wrong place

It is true. It has higher production quality than other shows from 1990ish, it was probably amazing back then, but the plot is completely fucking retarded and makes you cringe, and the visuals turn out to be gimmicks with little substance that don't add anything after season one. It can't be compared to something like Mad Men or The Sopranos. It's a completely different ballpark.

crtl f "25 years"
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Episode_29_(Twin_Peaks)

You'll want to know some things if you watched season one, but season two is just not worth watching.

Breaking Dead
Game of Walking
The Man in the High Cards
Madam S.H.I.E.L.D
Orange is the New Orphan Black Mirror.

>instead I got myself a detective story
It's good while it is that that, but it doesn't stay like that. It turns into the most standard and un-self aware soap opera mixed with random ass ghost stories that are unenjoyable and uninteresting.

>crtl f "25 years"
Yeah, my bad. For some reason I thought it was from ep 2

naw its shit
inb4
>muh comfy
>muh nostalgia
>muh surreal
>muh quirky
>muh lynch

it's great until leland dies, then it's stupid

Don't take the weirdness so seriously and you'll like it

What makes Lynch a hack?

nah you're just a frustrated elitist contrarian

Keep watching, Episode 1 is pretty normal

The typical Lynch weirdness is gradually revealed

>watched 30 minutes of the pilot
jesus christ these fucking plebs

Nah, you're initial reaction is correct. This show utter trash just like most of Lynch's work. The only reason so many seem to like is because it is sort of an Emperor's New Clothes situation.