LEBRON JAMES IS THE MOST EXPLOITED BLACK ATHLETE OF ALL TIME

I decided to calculate the true value of LeBron James' performance throughout his career. The math itself is simple, divide LeBron's WAR (Wins Above Replacement, essentially how many wins that specific player would give you if you switched a replacement player with him) with the combined WAR of the entire NBA except the shit players who are in the negatives, then multiply that value by the money the NBA spent on salaries in that particular season.

This is the methodology used on your typical "x is underpaid!" articles that you see around. It makes a lot of sense.

The result is that LeBron James is the greatest bargain in the history of sports. All sports. This man has literally never earned the wage he deserved in his entire career.

THE NBA AND ITS OWNERS OWE LEBRON RAYMONE JAMES AN APOLOGY FOR YEARS OF EXPLOITATION OF HIS LEGENDARY ABILITIES FOR FINANCIAL GAIN

AND 400 MILLION DOLLARS

Well yeah. Get rid of max salaries. It would improve parity.

Rookie contracts should be shorter too

that's a horrible methodology.

you first imply that players should get paid proportionally to how well they perform, which aside from a bunch of general economic and market reasons that make it completely unrealistic, also doesn't make sense because player value doesn't grow proportionally with their performance.

even if you had a player that was putting up 100ppg, absolutely immaculate, practically a guaranteed win every night, that player is still a human being with the capacity to get injured, turn to shit, or even fucking just straight up die. Any business cannot afford to tie an entirely disproportionate amount of their finances to a relatively insecure investment.

literally high school project tier methodology

Cherry pick all the stats you want to make lelbon look good but everybody knows he is just an overhyped nig.

t. TORONTO RAPTORS OWNER

DISAGREED ON ALL ACCOUNTS

Tell ANY NBA GM that he could add THIRTY (30) WINS to his team by just committing 70 million dollars of salary for 1 year and ALL OF THEM would take it

is it guaranteed? you think GMs have their hands on the company purses? how are you going to convince the board to commit 70 MILLION real fucking dollars to a "guaranteed" 30 wins, and how are you going to show that 30 extra wins will make back that money and more?

I mean I know I'm probably talking to a literal child and this is meaningless but oh well

is this what passes for sophisticated math in brazil?
no wonder your "country" is such a disaster.

>ridding max salaries would improve parity

Are you serious, nigga? Ever heard of soccer? Do you know how much a single team dominates specific leagues in specific countries in Yuropoorland?

No keep the max team cap but remove the max individual player salary. So if you want a Curry/Lebron/Durant tier player, you have to shell out most of your budget. Also, there should be a rule against taking pay cuts. Players shouldn't be allowed to agree to less than 75% of their actual value as a player (calculated by WAR or however) just so they can join a stacked team and title chase.

ALL TEAMS IN THE NBA CAN AND ARE SPENDING MORE THAN 70 MILLION.

The point is that instead of giving it to scrubs that do jack shit, you give it to LeBron who can actually change your goddamn team.

And heres some FACTS to your bagged milk ass:

The instant LeBron joined the Cavs, he doubled their value, pushing it past a billion dollars

Miami missed on a $100 million TV deal because LeBron left, effectivelly taking it to Cleveland with him

LeBron has had the leagues best selling jersey for years, only recently beaten by Curry

The Cavs sells out their season tickets in hours every season

Operating income doubled when Lebron joined the Cavs

I don't think that would be necessary as its much harder to refuse 45-50 million than it is to refuse 5 or 10

Been saying this for awhile
You can nitpick the methadology all you want, but the descrepency is so massive it still proves the point

i agree, players like Kobe, Jordan, LeBron deserved more, way more.

Lebron can't change a god damn thing. The fact that he won the championship 2 times in Miami were based on the fact that Wade and Bosh were young and still very fast and good. You throw in a bunch of other guys that actually hustle then you have a winning team.

Fast forward to now. The Cavs only won because the NBA is rigged and a lot of factors prove that this is so.

Shumpert, JR Smith, and the rest of the shit show Cavs have under their payroll are pretty mediocre at best. They have the worst stats and that doesn't excuse the fact got over paid in their contracts. What can you even say at this point OP that isn't obvious. Lebron cannot do shit on his own and he barely kept the team afloat after the beating they took.

Lebron is a great player and no one can take tht away from him but luck has had a lot to do with his success. That and the NBA being rigged for him. Asterisk that shit

>Any business cannot afford to tie an entirely disproportionate amount of their finances to a relatively insecure investment
I would be inclined to agree with you, but this is not a singular entity.

Same thing with Dirk, who give a fukk thou they're millionaires.

weak bait

>Asterisk Lebron's rings because it took him assembling at least an above average team to win a team accomplishment
>And also let me pretend that rigging for the NBA's faces is something new and not at least 30 years old
?

If you don't watch soccer don't comment on it you moron. The most popular league in the world (EPL) is also the one with the most parity. Paying players fair wages won't affect parity.

HNĢGGGĢGGGGGGGGGGGGĢGGGG

ok so you are again showing your ignorance
yes, when lebron joined the cavs he doubled their value
no, he did not put 500 million dollars into the owners pocket
that number is an abstract valuation of the franchises worth, not a dollar amount sitting in a bank account

that has nothing to do with your original point. everything you say is retarded

im going to give you the satisfaction of feeling like you won this, my child, by saying "poo poo shoo monkey"

>EPL has parity
>six(6) teams total have won it since 1992
wow what a fucking moron
NBA has had 6 teams win since 2010
that is a massive difference in parity

This is partially LeBron's fault for a few reasons, but for an all-time superstar, LeBron has carried some shit-tier teams that have been blown up into something they are not. I'm pretty damn confident the Cavs minus LeBron would not have made the playoffs this year. His metrics, their record when he didn't play, and the point differential when he played vs. sat on the bench all indicate this.

Its popularity has nothing to do with the parity tho

>The six teams with by far the biggest payrolls finished in the top 6
Shocking. Plus if I'm not mistaken(might be) Everton was 7th in payroll and finished 7th

Still doubled the teams value

>LeBron

Isn't this guy a loser?

No. He's the greatest of all time

What the fuck are you on about? You can buy your way to a premiership title by being a rich sandnigger and throwing all your oil money at the best players. See: Manchester City.

If anything, the NBA should have a NHL-style hard salary cap. None of this luxury tax nonsense.

Well he could have gone to the Knicks in 2010 and probably get paid $50M a year by now.

The Nix will end up doing that but the guy will have exploding knees or something.