Are there any states that wish to leave the union? Are they even allowed to leave if they want to...

Are there any states that wish to leave the union? Are they even allowed to leave if they want to? How would they even function if they become independent, like they'll be surrounded be pissed off states that hate because they left.

Other urls found in this thread:

blogs.reuters.com/jamesrgaines/2014/09/19/one-in-four-americans-want-their-state-to-secede-from-the-u-s-but-why/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Are there any states that wish to leave the union?
No

There are small groups in Vermont, New Hampshire, Alaska, Hawaii, Texas, and California. But they don't hold much ground, and they don't have any way of being able to successfully leave, even if they did. Frankly they'd have to convince Congress to let them, which won't happen. And if they tried to by force we'd send military in.

There's also the Lakotah which are a bunch of Indians that want a sovereign nation. Which they technically do, but it's not a nation with borders, it's complicated.'

Then there's Cascadia which is just larping.

As well as Dixie which is just we wuzzing, by rednecks.

And lastly the "New Englanders" which want to become a part of the commonwealth of the UK and refer to themselves as "Yankees" their the only ones in the country that do this.

Weren't Texas and California republics before they became states? Shouldn't that give them a little more reason if they want to become independent again?

how the fuck is it wewuzzing if it happened only 150 years ago?

I want my state to leave but that's only because more influential states use mine as a guinea pig for really fucked up laws or as a pipeline

>Lakotah
nigger

They don't have any real claims at all
They were offered monetary compensation for the breaking of a treaty since they wouldn't stop shooting cops over it and then they refused the money and instead demanded the entire western half of South Dakota

because "wewuzzing" and "LARPing" are just buzzwords without any meaning anymore used by people who don't know what they're talking about.

Nigger i've lived in Georgia or Virginia my entire life. I think I know what dixie is about. The only fucking people that want it to be a free nation are rednecks that are larping as if they are in any way like the South 150 years, which they aren't.

Most of the southerners back in the 1860's accepted that the North had won, and never tried to resist anymore. Hell some of the most prominent people in approving the relations between the north and south were Southerners themselves.

about a quarter of people are open to the idea according to actual polling and not your dogshit anectdotal storytelling.

Oh really? Show me one poll that suggests that.

I have never met a single person who would be willing to secede from the Union

Georgia fag here, whereabouts did you live?

Normally Southerners don't go past having a Confederate flag or disliking Northerners.
I'm sure there are Texans who want independence.

It's an arbitrary imposition, leaving the union. You can try to leave but the US military will be all over your ass like flies on shit.

then you live in a major bubble
blogs.reuters.com/jamesrgaines/2014/09/19/one-in-four-americans-want-their-state-to-secede-from-the-u-s-but-why/

Yes

each state should become independent and join the american union (AU)

>Are they even allowed to leave if they want to?
Ask the south.

Whatever you say mate. Even if that poll is completely accurate, which by the way it was done doesn't seem to be. It's unlikely that all the people that were polled fully understand what it would mean to secede.

Frankly anyone that actually thinks they'd be better off as a sovereign nation is fucking autistic. The movements will never gain any ground, even in states like Texas.

Around Atlanta and Athens

nobody would recognize them but they would be de facto independent. The US doesn't have the option of just putting boots on the ground whenever somebody wants to leave anymore.

blah blah yeah I get it the goalposts have moved because you were wrong

That's how America used to be at one point. States were quasi-sovereign nations and the country was basically a confederation.

We still are.

Not really, the federal government has far more power now.

The US may has well have been renamed the United Provinces of DC decades ago.

>And lastly the "New Englanders" which want to become a part of the commonwealth of the UK and refer to themselves as "Yankees" their the only ones in the country that do this.

Bay Stater here

You're right that we call ourselves 'Yankees', but there's very little support here for joining the British commonwealth. It should also be noted that 'New England Nationalism' is mostly Cascadian-inspired LARPing and anti-Trump hysteria.

Southeasterner here.

We call you "Yankees" too :^)

>Are there any states that wish to leave the union?
None of them are serious about it

>Are they even allowed to leave if they want to?
Yes but the Supreme Court will tell you otherwise. Not that it's the Supreme Court's duty to determine what's Constitutional.

>How would they even function if they become independent, like they'll be surrounded be pissed off states that hate because they left.
Some(Texas, Cali) would do well, others not so much. Some of the states surrounding Texas would probably leave with them

No one would hate them if they left peacefully. Not that the kikes in Washington would even let them sue to leave peacefully

all the ones with over 7 million people that aren't landlocked would be fine. Everything else needs the US to survive.

I didn't ask and I don't care

Then why did you reply?

In theory a state that would want to leave the union would require the permission of all 49 other states plus a whole lot of other fuckery. In practice if a state unilaterally (and democratically) declared secession the US could do fuck-all about it nowadays. The federal government wouldn't be willing to potentially aggravate other states into doing the same by responding militarily, nor risk international condemnation or revolt by the military. That said there isn't significant enough interest for it to happen anywhere at this point in time.

Americans like to act as though the union is permanent, but the fact is there will likely be some defections eventually, be it in a few decades or in a hundred years.

FREE CASCADIA