ITT: Albums that could be released today and still sound Innovative

i'll start us off then

You start OP

can we ban radiohead threads?

whenever you're ready man, take your time :)

dae space echo and oscillating delays?LOL so innovative xP

Can we also make it a rule that you have to explain why the album you post is innovative?

HAHAHA KEEEEK :^))))

SHINYSHINYSHINYBOOTSOFLETHA.mp3

Let's face it. Linkin Park's formula may be "stale," but only because they were the only band to use it, and they basically invented it anyway. Can you name one other band that made music like this?

1: Start off with some atmospheric synths, beats or ambient-esque instrumental
2: Heavily distorted guitars, bass and drums come in and coincide with the electronic melody
3: Mike raps, when the guitars quiet down to make room for the electronic part
4: Chester screams/sings in the chorus, with the electronic piece combining with the guitars yet again
5: Repeat chorus and verse style.

The recordings awful tho lol.

how does it sound innovative? genuinely curious.
if it was released today, it would certainly still sound fresh, but i dont know about innovative

Not OP but, it was extremely innovative at the time. Everything that radiohead has been done has been copied real heavily though. Probably a mix of it being innovative and a radiohead boner.

Every song on OKC besides Fitter, Happier and Climbing Up The Walls sound exactly the same. I realize that Muse came after but it sounds like I'm listening to Muse when I listen to OKC and I can't stand it.

>cont
by the way Amnesiac is their bast album

Surprised y'all haven't mentioned this.

It's still the king.

>shitty derivative rock opera
>innovative
yikes

true

If by 'extremely innovative' you mean a copy of 70's art rock/krautrock like Can or Faust and 80's/early 90's U2 then yeah it was innovative otherwise it's just a rehashed idea after a rehashed idea which happened to become popular

Why isn't this on any of my streaming services (iTunes and Tidal)?

the one the only