What was the worst 2016 movie you saw?

What was the worst 2016 movie you saw?

Other urls found in this thread:

inverse.com/article/14351-how-the-jungle-book-made-its-animals-look-so-real-with-groundbreaking-vfx
theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2016/04/the-jungle-book-and-the-uncanny-valley/478767/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Is this movie catkino?

>his life just got put on paws

me on the left

Neighbors 2.

So, Kevin Spacey has sex with underage boys, Walken is still paying for murder, but why is Garner in it? She should be well off enough to avoid these things.

I saw ghostbusters.

Suicide Squad.

This might be the worst movie of the decade, and I saw Movie 43 in theaters.

wtf are you talking about?

"You may be wondering how I came to be trapped in the body of a cat. But that's not important right now, what's important is that in approximately 20 minutes the Xanax I dropped in the dog's food bowl will take effect, rendering him powerless to my, shall we say, affections. That's right, I am going to rape the family dog. Not because of some imagined slight or because he growled at me. No, I do it to establish my dominance, of both humans and pets in this house. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go sink my hooks into him." *scratches post twice*

Me too. 4/10 underwhelming cash out comedy.

This, easily. BvS at least had some decent action and some fun scenes, this was just a flatline the whole way through for me

Hollywood in 2016, this is what represents it best.

>unoriginal story and execution
>way too over the top
>bad characters
>logic not existing

Kevin Spacey is a known homosexual with a taste for teenage boys, and Walken helped Robert Wagner murder Natalie Wood in 1981.
I'm just wondering what Garner has done to have to be in this movie.

It's hillarious, such bad pacing, you can tell how it was cut to hell and back. Even if it would have been propely cut it still wouldn't make an impact. Shit visuals, shit acting, shit story.

A Western called The Duel starring Woody Barrels. It was fucking awful.

something something Batfleck I guess

Either Suicide Squad or Ghostbusters

>the card throwing scene

The Neon Demon

I question the sanity of anyone who watched this. The 1st one made me suicidal.

CA: Civil War

I didn't BvS was good, but CW was so offensively stupid I would have walked out had I been seeing it alone. Fuck marvel.

>Civil War
>worse than BvS
Explain yourself.

>they appear somewhere
>literally everyone knows who they are and start to cheer etc.

Seeing shit like this feels beyond cringe

It's like if you told a 13 year old kid to make something he thinks is "cool". It's at that level mentally.

Nine Lives was CatKino....like keanu

you fucking guys wouldn't know true kino even if it scratched you in the face

10 Cloverfield Lane.

Arrival

I would rate Pride and Prejudice and Zombies the lowest, but I still enjoyed it. Even though it's often cringworthy, it still has some interesting moments.

Independence Goy 2

This is all I’ve seen from 2016:

Midnight Special
Tickled
Hail, Caesar!
10 Cloverfield Lane
Imperium
Everybody Wants Some!!
The Nice Guys
Elle
Hell or High Water
Arrival
Sully

I think the worst is Midnight Special.

Not him but I watched the first movie a while ago. It wasn't fun at all, just stupid.

Only Elle and Tickled were any good

Sommersturm, a german movie about a gay kid doing gay stuff in his boating summercamp.

The girl next door pulled me into the cinema to watch this. "It's such a funny movie like seriously the best movie ever." I think I went to toilet like 8 times and bought atleast 2 litres of coca cola during these 90 minutes.

Nice opinion.

The Accountant. Only movie I've ever walked out of.

This.

I watched this the first 20 minutes and couldn't even finish it. Terrible movie.

BvS was close but at least Batfleck redeemed it some....

As one of the last Smith fan's out there I wholeheartedly agree.

Bummer you missed the hilarious twist at the end

The autistic girl from the beginning who fond the puzzle piece for him was using a military grade computer set up to organize Affleck's missions and be the voice on the phone

I actually expected something out of civil war.

I didn't walk out of it but only because I had popcorn. It was awful. Just really fucking generic and awful. Movies have jumped the shark

on top of being a shit film, it was a complete "fuck you" to the fans. fuck every single thing about this movie.

>I only watch 15% of a movie and think I can say anything about all of it

literally kys

Did you fug her atleast?

No.

She's ugly as hell but fun to hang out with.

Proof that weed makes you terrible

Watch it from start to finish.
Its shit.

I didn't see too many movies in the theatre this year, but the worst of those I did see is, Suicide Squad.

God-Fucking-Awful.

bvs and ss, fucking shit

Still Jack Reacher: Never Go Back.

BvS was kino

Probably Deadpool
As bad as Xmen, BvS and civil war were at least you could zone out and kill 2 hours
Deadpool is jam packed with terrible jokes that totally miss their mark

I wasn't a huge fan but my friends fucking loved it.

Plus Kevin Smith was actually fucking there, so it felt kinda rude to hate on it too bad. He also recorded an ep of Fatman On Batman there and I thought that was dope as hell.

Good for your friends, the movie just made me mad, and this is coming from someone who liked Zack and Miri

Suicide Squad, surely.

Didn't manage to finish Neighbours 2 it was so bad, so maybe that's worse, dunno.

How did I know this was gonna be mostly kids circlejerking each other over how much they hate le stupid capeshit?

As messy as BvS was, it certainly had advantages over SS. The warehouse fight was outstanding, some of the shots looked great and only one of the characters made me cringe, whereas SS only had one character who didn't make me cringe (Katana).

Saw this nigflick with one of the Tamera sisters that actually had a laugh track for their movie.

>hating a movie about an autist
Why would you walk out of a movie where you are the main character?

> SS only had one character who didn't make me cringe (Katana).
We didn't even see much of her beyond "WHATISTHAT THE STENCH OF DEATH" and her crying to her sword (which someone pointed out is hilarious because you can't really tell who's soul she's talking to).

Whata shitty movie. Had so much hope for it.

>I didn't walk out of it but only because I had popcorn.

fat fucking faggot, no way could you have taken it with you or anything.

What a stupid excuse

>Flag says she talks to the soul of her husband

Retard alert.

Also if you saw the Extended Cut she talks more and has more scenes.

Bad Santa 2, but might be because I drunkenly paid for my mates ticket as well plus drinking didn't make it any better

Warcraft. Xmen Apocalypse and Star Trek Beyond were all really really bad

I know she talks to her husband's soul, doesn't necessarily mean that's the one that's receiving the message

>"I will free you, Hanzo whateverthefuck"
>"Actually this is Jim, you killed me like last week, he's in here somewhere though lemme have a look"

Batman v Superman, but I've watched about 20 movies

>kids
>le
>circlejerk
Nice meme points you got there newbitch.

Easily the jungle book. By far.

i (and most people) really liked it so whats your problem?

>paying to watch movies that are clearly going to be shit
Why?

how was malina?

I Immediately disliked it because of the excessive CGI, and poor quality CGI at that. The animation looked like something from 2006. What's the point of making an animated movie into live action if it's still 90% CGI anyway?

Poor casting choices. I'm sure they were probably trying to draw audiences by getting big names, but the voices just don't match. I'm talking about Murray, Scarjo and Walken. Poor acting by the kid who played Mowgli. He delivered his lines sounding like a whining 13 year old girl.

The songs were pathetic perversions of the originals, poorly sung by actors rather than proper singers. And the songs seemed to be only halfheartedly done, like they weren't really sure they wanted to make it a musical, so they just tossed them in as an afterthought.

Too many comic relief characters. There are literally like 10 of them... why so many? You only need one. It's like every other character is comic relief in attempt to crowd please.

What was with all that convoluted bullshit about Mowgli's gadgets? Yes, I get that it was because they wanted to emphasize him being human, but I'm sure there could have been a better way to make that distinction.

What was with the epic battle scenes? Do we really need to include epic Lord or the Rings CGI battles in every movie now?

But I suppose the main problem is that it has no soul. It's just a generic hollywood cash grab manufactured by committee, rather than the inspired work of an artist. There is nothing remarkable about it. It's filled with hollywood cliches and tired tropes, everything is played safe and boring, the typical store-bought soundtrack playing behind every cheesy line. There is no poetry, there are no risks, there is no vision. Sad.

nobody is going to read that shit

Kek

The Nice Guys

You're a dumbass if you think Jungle Book was "poor quality CGI"

get out

My 10 year old daughter is obsessed with this movie. Have I failed as a parent?

Go write your gay blog somewhere else.

Just for asking this question here on Sup Forums right now I'm sure you'll fail sooner or later.

How did you even make it this far as a father?

So your daughter likes a movie made for daughters. Wow...thanks for making this funny joke and/or proving to us how patrician you are compared to your pleb daughter.

this --> I was watching it with my gf who saw it in theaters and said the only good parts were the first 20 minutes. And considering the first 20 minutes were trash, I got what I needed.

Ghostbusters, but The Neon Demon was the most disappointing to me. I went in expecting Ghostbusters to be shit, I didn't watch The Neon Demon expecting it to completely fall apart at the end.

>don't discuss movies on the movie board!
Sorry you can't read more than 2 sentences at once, is your ADD flaring up again? Maybe one of the many fine shitpost threads will suit you better.

I'm not a fan of excessive CGI in general. It seems like the lazy way of doing special effects.

But The Jungle Book was the one exception to "excessive CGI" - it was a new type of CGI that actually looked drastically improved. I've heard nothing but good things about the visuals of The Jungle Book.

It's kind of like Avatar, except you know, actually looks good, and isn't a shit movie.

I heard about that. I walked out after he reunited with his brother and they decided not to fight making the movie fucking pointless. It was a mediocre action movie and a terrible thriller. Not to mention the tacked on romance plot.

Why is it the exception? It looked on par with every other CGI shitfest.

>looks good, and isn't a shit movie.
Gonna have to disagree with you there.

>poor quality CGI
the CGI looked amazing to me so i have no idea what you are talking about.
>Poor casting choices
I thought the voices matched pretty well and i loved Murray as Baloo
>Poor acting by the kid who played Mowgli
i agree with this the kid was shit but he's still a kid and isn't this his first movie anyways?
>The songs were pathetic perversions of the originals
The songs were references to the original cartoon. This movie was not supposed to replace the original but to add on to it.
>Too many comic relief characters
you have to balance things out because this movie got really dark in some scenes
>Mowgli's gadgets
Humans were the first animals to make and use tools, as far as i know we still are the only ones who can do it. This is what makes Mowgli unique compared to all the other animals in the jungle
>epic battle scenes
there were only one or two and this was no where near LOTR levels
>it has no soul
if you were expecting for this to be a great unique work of art i have no idea what to tell you. I wonder if you liked the cartoon or the book or consider those to have a "soul"

Uhh I don't know - Not sure how best to describe it, but the Jungle Book is known to have exceptional CGI that pushes the envelope of the genre.

A simple Google search will prove it.

inverse.com/article/14351-how-the-jungle-book-made-its-animals-look-so-real-with-groundbreaking-vfx
theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2016/04/the-jungle-book-and-the-uncanny-valley/478767/

You rather they use real fucking animals?

I loved the 1967 Disney version. It was charming and endearing. The songs were great, as old Disney songs often were. One especially good thing about them is they were well performed original songs, and not poorly done rehashes.

>I thought the voices matched pretty well
I love Murray, but I don't think he makes a good voice actor. The way he delivers lines isn't suited for voice acting.

He probably loves the Super Mario Bros movie

so your a nostalgia fag?

>made-its-animals-look-so-real
They didn't look real to me. They looked very clearly not real.

That's one option. You might not be aware, but there was once a time when CGI wasn't a thing and film makers had to find ways to do stuff like that. In my opinion, the solutions they came up with often looked better and were more effective than slapping CGI on everything and calling it a day.

I'm a good movies fag. Sometimes older ones are better, sometimes not.

>Norm of the North
>bad

Newfag detected, Sup Forums was praising this when it came out. It's kino as fuck.

It's not that the solutions were better, they just didn't exist, nor did movies like this.

Stop comparing your 1980 Batman to this movie.

And that's too bad they didn't look real to you...Lucky for me I'm on the side of the majority and thought they looked exceptional - and I shit on CGI 90% of the time.

>Stop comparing your 1980 Batman to this movie.
Where did that come from?