Does Negan die in the comics?

Does Negan die in the comics?

Nope he's alive years later still triggering numales

kek

Man I hope we get to this point. He's great when he's an ally of Rick.

>ally of Rick
Is this really confirmed? what if he's rusing and sticks a fucking blade in Rick when Rick says he finally trusts him; for the ultimate betrayal

that's not how he operates.

He had the chance, he didn't take it, and he really had no reason to not take that chance. There's also the incident with Alpha. For now It's very possible that he genuinely wants to help Rick, but that might change in the future.

Why does Negan wear the band-aid?

Well before Rick imprisoned him he was seeing the validity of Rick's words about building a functioning society again without the savagery. I doubt he'd have gone to all this trouble to just kill Rick, putting his own life in danger, when he could have just walked out when the cell was accidentally left unlocked and killed him in his sleep.

>he really had no reason to not take that chance
There's a pragmatic reason not to. He wants to live a free life. Killing Rick would put him on every town's most wanted list.

He pretty much tells Rick straight up at the start of the timeskip that he'll be running the place eventually, that's his end goal, not to get revenge on Rick, but to simply take his position and become leader of all the communities again. That's why he gave up a chance to take over the Whisperers, they're mentalists and he wants to run a real civilization again. I imagine he'll try to talk Rick into simply conceding leadership to him, since Rick hates the stress of it while Negan thrives on it.

So killing him in any situation wouldn't do that as well? Unless he did it in a manner where it wouldn't be possible to determine it was really him, but I can see everyone blaming him regardless because of his history.

A lotta loyalty for a higher wound.

Why is everyone so afraid to simply put a bullet in his head?

Are they scared of him or the repercussions of his minions?

plot armor

Kind of sucks that Rick is absolutely not going to let Negan get away with it all. I can't see how Negan doesn't see himself getting backstabbed. Maggie's going to want him dead.

Fat Joey will consume all of Alexandria otherwise.

Simon would be far worse than Negan.

At this point it's author favouritism.

Think of him a a post apocalyptic dictator. His people genuinely believe he is the best option and even if you remove him one of his men will take his place and probably fuck shut up for everyone.

Because the good guys are forced to acknowledge that Negan is technically never in the wrong, and the bad guys scheme for a hair to long before Negan fucks them over.

Nope. Becomes allies with Rick. The whisperers appear. Gotta be mates for the greater good. Negan's too beautiful to die.

>he was seeing the validity of Rick's words
Just like how Rick was psyching Negan with a truce Negan may have been psyching Rick in that exact same moment as well. Negan could've been about to twist Rick's head off. He was WINNING the war after all. Would need Kirkman to confirm.

Baseball wrist wrap, it keeps your wrist straight and sturdy when you're batting. He wore it early on in the comics and slowly abandoned it favor of wearing both his gloves, but the show is sticking with it for some reason.

he would just lean back and dodge the bullet

It is stupid.at least in the show it is clear the whole operation falls apart without him and none of them adore him enough to seek revenge

Negan is a good guy.

Except there was no indication of that.

I fucking L O V E it. It's going to be Rick vs. Maggie because Rick takes Negan's side.
Big fucking speech where Rick 180's for the fifth time and talks about how they're stupid for seeking civilization again and Negan has always been right or something.

Carl will side with Maggie but Andrea and Michonne will convince Rick he's right.. it'll be like a civil war and then bigass fuckstain from the whisperers will show up with his zombie army right in the middle of it and pushes everyone's shit in

>. The whisperers appear

dumbest thing ever. would have been better if the zombies were the things actually doing it.

I think that's the main reason, Negan's enforcers are clearly a bunch of shitbags without Negan's sense of fair play who would just steal everything and rape everyone without him keeping them in line.

Sounds like something a 11 year old would come up with.

Welcome to the Walking Dead comics, chum

Zombies are barely even part of it anymore now. It's sort of just focusing on the post-apocalyptic part of it. There's no threat anymore from them sadly. Now it's just tribes at war.

took me 5 years to realize he has autism

Aside from Negan taking a hot iron to people's face while they're still alive, bashing their head in while they're still alive and stealing other guy's wives he's a pretty good guy.

>implying a group who believes in primitivism isn't the perfect foil for both Rick and Negan's differing views on civilization

too deep FOR YOU

That's the attitude we're in right now in the US.

It's called 'the walking dead' not 'minecraft'

Really? They brought in the whisperers solely to keep the zombies at the forefront of things.

They had the zombies figured out, moving herds, killing large swathes of them, etc.
Now there's a group of people within the zombies, hiding among them and directing them. Suddenly the easy to deal with shamblers are a threat again as they hide the more capable folks lurking within and become more of a prop, a weapon for them rather than a threat on their own.

Nobody is scared of the dark, they're scared of what it conceals

Oh fuck you, literally anyone could have beaten Clinton with the retarded insult-slinging they had substituted for an actual campaign

>group based around them living with zombies
>where the zombies at brah?

you ARE the walking pleb

>no indication that Negan is a troll
Negan is well known to go one direction to another in an instant. Rick was just saying common sense bullshit that Negan has been aware of since the beginning. Maybe if Rick had Negan's back against the wall so to speak I'd think he'd see the error of his ways. The way it pans out in the story though leaves it ambiguous. Especially since Negan in jail says he'll take back over eventually. Don't be so certain about what Negan will and won't do (besides rape).

I'd rather get a cool looking scar than be locked away in isolation for years with no parole or even a book to read.

this is why I am a hero is the better zombie comic. Because the monsters are at least smart enough to learn.

>besides rape

i think the whole 'no rape' thing along with the 'quickest way to mans heart is his vagina' bit foreshadow some serious confrontation between andrea and negan in the future

i don't know. the comics are at the most engaging they've been since the aftermath of the governor (i loved rick and carl on their own)

>Negan is well known to go one direction to another in an instant
Not really, no. It's always plainly obvious if he's fucking around with someone because Kirkman has always made him be exaggerated and theatrical about it when he does in a mocking tone. As in the case of gutting Spencer. There's no indication in that scene like others that he's just fucking around with Rick, it's plainly obvious how Kirkman intended the scene to play and if it would be plain narrative failure not to indicate a trick.

>Maybe if Rick had Negan's back against the wall
Like he did? Right then? The reason Negan is in prison now?

There's absolutely nothing at all ambiguous about that moment. Negan's intentions afterwards can be difficult to discern whether he's been bitterly biding his time in the cell after Rick unexpectedly cut him and imprisoned him, but then it's still clear his long game is not to kill Rick unless he first gains the trust of the entire colony web and naturally slides into respect and trust and then causes Rick's death.

More like every leader in the middle east. Every time "the good guys" remove the dictator the country turns into a bloodbath.

IT WOULD BE EXTREMELY PAINFUL

>Because the monsters are at least smart enough to learn.

Walking dead is bad enough when it comes to changing how the monsters behave in order to create drama or what have you. Shit where they 'learn' or have many unknown properties just opens up the floodgates for hamfisted deus ex machinas

Your reasoning is on the same level as "digimon is better because they can talk and don't just say their name"

>Suddenly the easy to deal with shamblers are a threat again

Not at all. The Whisperers are the biggest non-threat Kirkman's ever dreamed up because he didn't seem to think about it for five seconds that their only advantage is something the main characters did in the very beginning of the series. There's nothing stopping Rick and the entire army from nullifying the zombie herd by also suiting up and becoming invisible to them and then using their extreme firepower advantage to shitfuck the whisperers up the dickhole. Which is something Dwight even actually does.

>Like he did? Right then? The reason Negan is in prison now?
Negan was about to wipe out the hilltop entirely. Rick swiped him out of nowhere and since Negan had no loyalists left his remaining soldiers went "shit whatever let's do what Dwight wants."

Everything else you said is bullshit speculation. It really is ambigous what Negan would've actually done but whatever you seem to be deadset on Negan being a boneheaded idiot.

>not at all because maybe later on they'll use this one method that i thought of

Oh, well, the whole series is just shit then since there never was ever a threat as they've eventually found a way to deal with them. Whoops, silly me, I kept on reading when I should have known from page 1 that there wasn't actually a threat. oopsy doodle.

digimon _IS_ better.

>Everything else you said is bullshit speculation
No, it's the comics, what you're doing is bullshit speculation because it has no basis in the source material. You should read them some time.

>Negan was about to wipe out the hilltop entirely. Rick swiped him out of nowhere and since Negan had no loyalists left his remaining soldiers went "shit whatever let's do what Dwight wants."
Yeah, that's back against the wall, the reason he went to prison instead of killing everyone.

Digimon is better, though.

What are you even doing?

Are you denying that Rick has already used zombie guts to hide himself from zombies in the very beginning of the comic? Are you fucking stupid?

All those times Negan told various people that they could look at his wifes titties, fuck them, kiss them etc. Was he telling the truth?

Or was Negan looking for an opportunity to fuck people up?

I never stated otherwise, merely pointed out how awful that particular reason for saying so is

Do try to keep up, please, the rest of the class suffers when we need to go back and gather up you mental midgets

I'm denying your assertion that it makes the whisperers a non-threat, retard.

>missing the point

>Yeah, that's back against the wall
What are you talking about? Negan thought he was about to achieve total victory. There's no reason to believe his "hmmmm you know what Rick... that really makes me think... that common sense bullshit you said. I think your lastditch plea has swayed me" wasn't lighthearted sardonicism. Now fscrew yourself.

>I'm denying your assertion that it makes the whisperers a non-threat, retard.
On what basis?

>What are you talking about?

The situation in which Rick won the all out war arc.

Other than dress up like zombies, what do the whisperers actually DO? Are they wandering raiders? Do they actually have a settlement somewhere? Do actually want something from Rick and the gang or they just like fucking shit up?

On the basis that when you apply your logic of "a solution exists so the problem doesn't" to the rest of the series, it becomes an incredibly narrow minded and, frankly, stupid assertion.

Multiple people have died to them. Likely more people died in that brief span of time than they lost in the entire timeskip. That's already enormous evidence the whisperers have turned zombies into a threat again.

Christ, man, I'm not speaking in riddles here.

I think they're into raping, unlike Negan.

Like a pack of animals. They merely survive.

You disagreed with my assertion that Negan's back wasn't against the wall during their exchange. Niggan had victory in his grasp. He knew it. They knew it. Then Rick slit his throat. Like I said that the very beginning Rick and Negan may have been mirroring each other in that moment. Both fucking with each other about to put the other into the ground. You could say Rick's little party trick was him beating Negan at his own game. Also, Negan being a "good" guy now in the story is AFTER he was locked up for years like a powerless little bitch being left in isolation to stew on the heinous shit he's done.

What was the solution to Governor, and Negan which immediately invalidated their advantages over Rick and Co?

>Multiple people have died to them. Likely more people died in that brief span of time than they lost in the entire timeskip. That's already enormous evidence the whisperers have turned zombies into a threat again.
Yes because Kirkman decided that the characters would ignore the fact that they can do exactly what the Whisperers do and immediately render moot their one "advantage".

Who is this cute girl?

> Do they actually have a settlement somewhere?
A: No, they sleep in the forest in sleeping bags.

> I think they're into raping, unlike Negan.
A: Yes, their main leader "Alpha" let her men rape her 16 year old daughter.

Except Negan did not have victory in his grasp, which is why Rick won.

You're trying to argue Negan was just being sarcastic listening to Rick when there's no indication of that.

Your point was shit. if you can make something better why wouldn't you?

>Except Negan did not have victory in his grasp
You mean the people hidden away in flanking positions. Explain how Negan knew about them. There was no indication that Negan wasn't about to fuck Rick up.

Negan's forces were depleted and the only reason he was confident of victory is because he thought Rick was dead.

>There was no indication that Negan wasn't about to fuck Rick up.

There was no indication that he was, which is what you need to provide in order to validate your standpoint. On the other hand there was indication he was listening to Rick's assertions on community.

>Expected Negan to put his fingers in Carl's eye socket and move them around like a fucking bug's nest
>Realize that won't be possible because it's a prosthetic put over Carl's actual eye and it's just fake

Such a dissapointment.

They were depleted in the sense that the Saviors didn't have some overwhelming advantage. They still had a lot of guys and they thought Hilltop was toast. If the Saviors didn't drop there weapons both sides would've probably died. But Negan and his goons didn't know that until the ninja trick happened.

It's ambiguous, remember? That was my point? Not "oh he for sure would've done so and so". You seem to woefully misunderstand Negan's id. It's clear I'm talking to a brick wall. You can have the final word.

I agree that it's gray. It would be shitty writing if Negan being imprisoned was unnecessary for the character. Negan needed time to be powerless and unharden his ego. Like in Here's Not Here when Morgan was locked in jail for a good bit.

Now i don't even know what the fuck point you're trying to make, and clearly you've totally, as is customary of this board, misinterpreted mine, because mine had N O T H I N G to do with previous antagonists aside from the environmental 'antagonist' that is the zombies.

>It's ambiguous, remember?

Except that it's not at all. Kirkman was clear in how he executed the scene. When Negan is being sarcastic he is grandiose and exaggerated, cartoonish, when he's being genuine he is more direct and has appropriate facial expressions to match. Kirkman establishes Negan's character an body language well enough to be consistent with being genuine in the scene, not to mention there's no indications otherwise to make it "ambiguous".

Essentially, learn to read comics. There's information both in the speech bubbles as well as the images in each panel which you are supposed to pick up on to discern character traits, motivations, and relationships as well as story.

Glenns eye looked alright, until they just slapped the prosthetic on the ground atop some red jelly for the aftermath gore

lazy

(((His))) point was that things like that don't make something better.

>because mine had N O T H I N G to do with previous antagonists aside from the environmental 'antagonist' that is the zombies.
Read your own post, you are the one who began talking about retroactively applying this imaginary strawman standard you've constructed for me "to the rest of the series", in your words. Not me. That entails the other villains.

>Now i don't even know what the fuck point you're trying to make
It's been spoken very, very plainly to you, a number of times. Let me refer you back to it

Holy shit you comic faggots are cancer. Fuck off to Sup Forums. Now.

>posts an image from TWD game while bitching about the comic

Jesus Christ.

That was a joke on my part. It was also a reminder that you comicfags need to fuck off to Sup Forums. No one ever talks Telltale's TWD in these threads even though Season 3 is about to drop. That's because we aren't cancerous cunts like you picure-book assbandits.

And we circle RIGHT THE FUCK around

allow me to spell this out REAAAAALLLLY SIMPLE for you

>zombies were a threat
>advances made zombies not a threat
>whisperers made zombies a threat again, which completely nullifies claiming zombies are barely a part of it 'now', seeing as they're more important than they were for the entire negan arc

And then you had to come along and tell me the whisperers aren't a threat and it's kirkmans fault because Rick has hid within the zombies a couple times in a similar way.
I was NOT talking about the other antagonists in , I was saying that by your logic the zombies were never a threat because possible solutions exist to deal with them right from the get-go

I'm not responding to you again. Someone else can do it.

Sgt. Ford, I'm Dick Brigade.

>whisperers made zombies a threat again

Let me refer you to where I demonstrate how they are not, you can then follow down the chain further to learn more about the subject

Sup Forums spillover is why capeshit rules this shitty board

Drop the attitude

>Simon sent off to reoccupy the satellite station outpost, will probably only see him during Hilltop episodes
>no Bud to be Negan's toady during Alexandria and Sanctuary episodes
It's not fair.

If the lead guys name is Bud, then who was Little Timmy?

The wiki says this guy. Keep in mind Bud wasn't named anything in the script. It's a name the actor gave himself. He also invented his own backstory. He's from Texas and drove to Virginia to meet up with his grandfather if I recall. Then the show started referring to that group as Little Timmy's, so Bud is probably actually named Little Timmy.

Have you seen the live action movie?