ITT: recent albums that are going to age terribly

ITT: recent albums that are going to age terribly

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nh5tSBJzSDA
youtube.com/watch?v=KdYktLQAGcQ
youtube.com/watch?v=CVzF2YQYlT8
youtube.com/watch?v=3cwT4LT6X9Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Though how it’s near impossible to gauge how an album will age in an ever-changing musical landscape (rhyme ik), I assume any album featuring trap/trap-influenced production will be real cringy in a few years.

In fact anything with the "dunnn dunnn.... clap!(echoing)" + autotune will and has already started to age like shit

Styles and trends seem to come and go faster and faster every year, especially in music. Careers are shorter than they ever been in the industry, I assume social media has a thing or two to do with it.

it's already 4 years old which in rap years is like two decades and it hasn't aged that badly yet
Sure it's going to eventually sound dated but hip hop is such a trend dependent genre that there isn't a hip hop album ever released that won't sound dated eventually, most get there much faster than 4 years
A better example of what you're talking about is something like 17 or any of the other shitty soundcloud rapper projects that came out in the last year or two that weren't good in the first place but will sound even worse in a few years
also pic related for something critics actually liked at the time of release but will quickly forget

AGED
MILK

>isn't a hip hop album ever released that won't sound dated eventually
Death Grips

the holy trinity of reddit nu-male favorites

DAMN. was tiring on a second listening for me, Kendrick will never top TPAB and will only become more mainstream because of the success of DAMN.

it already aged horribly. straight garbage

It was already dated garbage on its release

exactly, imagine how it's going to sound in a few years

Literally every trap album.
None of the new people will ever have a definitive project.

Wrong.

Considering how heavily their music is influenced by the early grime, its been dated from the beginning

all trash, already dated albums. who the fuck still listens to DS2 anymore lmao

I do. What albums do you listen to?

it's already terrible lol

>it's already 4 years old
You sure about that? I'm pretty sure it came out last year.

he's talking about acid rap

>their music is influenced by the early grime

can you elaborate on this or post some examples if you got a minute? genuinely curious, I'm a DGfag and a bong friend of mine is really into grime, but I don't really hear it

Oh, right. My bad then, carry on.

real rap

every Slam album

I personally guarantee kiddos will slapping some slime shit in the whip for generations to come

delet

most of whats popular at the moment, the vapid self referential pseudo-moody indie pop thats big is going to age like garbage and trap music which is essentially our eras disco is going to be cringeworthy and washed up as fuck by the 20's

this album sounded old 6 months after its release

this sounded dated when it came out

More like set the standard for the future

do you live in a rock? enough people are still listening to those 3 albums, more so ds2 and rodeo

Honestly TPAB is just a really high bar. If you put Kendrick's discography aside, DAMN. is actually a great album

youtube.com/watch?v=nh5tSBJzSDA
youtube.com/watch?v=KdYktLQAGcQ
youtube.com/watch?v=CVzF2YQYlT8
youtube.com/watch?v=3cwT4LT6X9Y
if Death Grips produced these tracks, Sup Forumsdditors would claim them to be the most ahead of its time rap shit as usual

This album has aged like a fine wine.

>half of the tracks were built around 1998 demos for The Fragile
>still sounds fresh

the power of tront

thanks man, I see your point now.

also, that Dead Man Walking thing is fucking catchy, can you recommend anything similar?