Is surviving a plane crash really that rare that they need to make a freaking movie about it?

Is surviving a plane crash really that rare that they need to make a freaking movie about it?

Also, the CGI was trash.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zA5FMFVbVZ0
youtube.com/watch?v=RQR7PptpwgM
soundcloud.com/masketta-man/sets/uuuu
slate.com/articles/arts/movies/2016/09/tom_hanks_in_sully_reviewed.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It was still pretty impressive.
I remember some Polish pilot would did pretty much the same thing but on the runway too

Yes, he managed to safely land on water with every passenger alive, some bruises and minor injuries.

It is that rare because it never happened before. Did it need a movie? No, nothing needs a movie, that's just a money making move by the studios.

Closest thing that came to mind is the hijacked plane that crashed in the ocean that also run out of fuel

>putting the end of the movie on the poster
when will this madness end?

I have survived three plane crashes, where's MY movie?

yeah, but he had the luck of having a long river with relatively calm water.
Not even that pilot could have done that on open sea.

This film was fucking amazing.

Clint Eastwood is a fucking legend

See, that's what happens when you do low bar squats. Your arms go too far down and snap.

I like Eastwood, he is a great director

it'll come after you commit suicide from survivor guilt

Do you know what's significantly narrower and shorter than the hudson river?

An actual airport runway

The "Brace for Impact" scene blew my goddamn socks off. Amazing.

I should reevaluate his work like Jersey Boys and that Damon film etc.

Sully is literally a hero who saved all those people's lives.

>Is surviving a plane crash really that rare
yes

the shit you read on your little foldouts in the airplane is bullshit. in nearly every case, an aircraft thats being ditched breaks apart and multiple people die, video related youtube.com/watch?v=zA5FMFVbVZ0

planes arent ment to be ditched in the water. this whole crap with the swimming slides and whatnot, its all bullshit. they are for fast evacuation after an emergency landing on a runway, not in the water.

this is a case of a story that is way cooler in real life than in film

to think of someone gliding a fucking passenger jet into a river is almsot insane

the thing is tom cruise will do that in a scene without even mentioning it, as far as film action goes its like an afterthought

>Do you know what's significantly narrower and shorter than the hudson river?

my penis

Schrödinger's kino

do you fly?

Aaron Eckhart was the best part of this film. Anyway, this seemed pretty tame for an Eastwood production. I expected a Tom Hanks freakout scene or something.

It was also paced awkwardly. When the credits rolled I actually said to myself "Is that it?".

t. smartass

In normal flights the landing gear gets down, brakes are engaged, anti skid system is engaged, braking spoilers deploy, reverse thrusters redirect turbine exhaust to aid the braking process and also the fucking friction helps.

You are a complete fucking idiot

Qualified tre/trss at easyJet on the bus. 15000 hours

I watched it last week and thought it was fantastic, apart from the women in the sim who couldn't hold the stick correctly. Political correctness gone silly again

>Is surviving a plane crash really that rare that they need to make a freaking movie about it?

Yes.

you have 15k hours on the airbus?
how did you get into it senpai? im also doing my CPL/ATPL atm.

>it's a Sup Forums pretends to be expert pilots thread

I noticed that too, but the guy on the other sim also grabbed it with just the fingers

No in an unplanned emergency, you certainly wouldnt get out your harness and check on the punters. Usa shit safety seps In action

Also 3 cabin crew on a 320?? In the UK it's 4

>Control, I'm crashing this plane with 155 survivors

grand torino poster

Yes mate.

Been flying 17 years, did British Midland cadetship in 1999. Joined easy in 2002 after being made redundant after 9/11 been there ever since. I'm a skip at lgw

Why are you here granpa

youtube.com/watch?v=RQR7PptpwgM

it was a good movie. nice short and to the point

I'm 39 you fucking pleb

I don't give a rat's ass how truthful it is, I'm only interested in its cinematic qualities.

>near 40
>posting on fucking Sup Forums

I know right.

I land my airplane in water on battlefield all the time and never die.

Shits not even impressive.

what is this image supposed to be

its funny how many people on Sup Forums actually fly.
ill by finished in fall if everything works out, ryanair said they need 800 new pilots next year so currently im pretty optimistic.

Silence of the Lambs, user

Why haven't you killed yourself yet? 39 and posting on Sup Forums

Jesus Christ

kill yourselves, underage shitters

So since there are flyfags ITT

What is the consensus among pilots about what happened to Malaysia Airlines Flight 370?

hes a fucking pilot, why would he kill himself?

>get on my flight in a few years
>everything is going smoothly
>don't realize that the pilot is a Sup Forums autist
>the intercom suddenly comes on
>THE FLIGHT PLAN I FILED WITH THE AGENCY
>opening music from the dark knight rises begins to blast through the speakers
>...FIRST ONE TO TALK GETS TO STAY ON MY AIRCRAFT
>plane starts to descend rapidly

Huh, I guess I missed the part where bill saved his shit in jars.

OK Sully.

Smilefrog skinned sadghost and wears it as a coat for sexual please while tucking in his dick

800????

What happened to the current pilots? Did they bought another airline, expanded the fleet or made mass layoffs?

It's a pretty terrible job

because he is 39 and browsing Sup Forums

he is by all objective measurements, a failure.

>hes a fucking pilot, why would he kill himself?

ryanair is expanding at an insane rate, and its not like you only need 2 new pilots for every new plane they buy. also a lot of people just use it as a kickstart for hourbuilding and they dont stay at ryanair too long.

is it?

Gray aliens from Zeta Reticuli tried to commandeer it but failed, resulting in it crashing.

I think spending your 'early years' on Sup Forums is more of a failure than browsing it at work in your middle age with other commitments. I'm 22 btw.

>ridiculously expensive to get in
>unsociable hours
>distinctly average pay for most
>repetitive
>huge amount of accountability

Apart from the status and romanticism of flying I can't see the appeal

It'd be funnier if the takeoff and everything were normal instead until you hear this track on the on-board radio soundcloud.com/masketta-man/sets/uuuu

Wow user you make it sound like its a job or something.

I was gonna quit my register at taco bell to try and find something better but now I see everywhere is the same.

Depends on the airline. Shitty ones, specially the low cost ones that rely on flight volume, abuse working hours, have terrible rotations and the wages are usually low.

Even big ones have these issues and they are.not made public since it can hammer down the airline trust and appeal.
Many pilots commit suicide in their hotel rooms due to this, but it's not widely spread.

You should ask current airline pilots about it, although I'm not sure if they would trust you enough to say it, they would be risking their jobs in some cases

If you're intelligent enough and with enough backing to become a pilot there are tonnes of infinitely better jobs for you.

Why do you underage shitposters think that Sup Forums is some kind of "losers-only" website that only teenage faggots are allowed to visit?

maybe because you dont actually fly, idk

dude i know so many pilots and they are all so happy with their jobs, even the ones that fly at ryanair or do ambulance flights in learjets and whatnot. of course youll hate it if you dont like being all over the world, having a lot of responsibilities and dealing with a fast changing schedule.

>they would be risking their jobs in some cases
oh cmon nigga

because thats what it is, mr. denial.

t. newfag who formed his view of Sup Forums should be from screencaps on leddit

mate, I've been here since january 2006

>there are pilots on Sup Forums
>their plane crashes due to mechanical failure
>investigators go through their computers
>BREAKING NEWS ON CNN: Pilot routinely posted about 'crashing' plane 'with no survivors'

Plus you don't nose down into extreme resistance. The only miracle on the Hudson that day was that the whole plane didn't flip and sink as soon at it touched water.

Say whatever you want about the actual event, but Eastwood did an okay job with the subject material I think. Also, on the CGI, that opening scene where they crash into the city and turns out to be a dream sequence...I thought that looked excellent, but after that it's all kinda MEH.

If that was a 747 everyone would be dead.

This is crashkino.

A real hero and a real human bean

>untold story
Literally 80000page description of the events made by the people in charge of place accidents made with the utmost attention to detail and hundreds of manhours of investigation by the most qualified people on the planet.
Fucking KEK

well he did specifically "nose up" into the water, the way one would in a seaplane, then the nose only went under because the engines were being yanked off.

>only banepost ITT
Baneposting is fucking dead.

Was that used in it to any capacity? I imagine it wouldn't mesh.

There is a whole verse in REAL HUMAN BEAN dedicated to this specific event

So yes, pretty rare and amazing

You know what's deeper than an airport runway and also made out of water?

The Hudson River.

Pro-tip: the trick to landing on water isn't actually coming down on top of it.

>libturds are still butt furious that a movie of a white man saving the day made it to the big screen in the politically correct / SJW era

no movie for dindu nuffin babby tray tray and michael gud boi brown

the survivors are on an island typing in a string of numbers on an underground computer several times a day so the world won't end.

It's one of those professions where there's a ton more people qualified than their are positions. So entry level positions are a ton of work and absolute shit pay. They can get away with it because if you give up and quit, there's plenty more people desperate for your position for no other reason than it's their childhood dream.

A top rated pilot at a top airline can pull down good money. Not as good as a great lawyer or doctor, but still pretty good money.

>the CGI was trash
Oh, fuck you!

almost every water landing before this one ended with alot of deaths and serious injury.

This guy landed it perfectly in icy cold water with no injuries at all after loosing all thrust at a very low altitude, its a fucking feat that's why it got a movie.

the movie was a box office hit and got critical acclaim, I don't even think this made sense in your stormtard mind

sully didnt fly so good

>So entry level positions are a ton of work and absolute shit pay
can you pls stop talking about stuff you know nothing about

are you memeing?

that model of airbus has a dunker switch that seals up all the flaps and makes it float. FYI.

>15000 hours
>flies for easyJet
really makes you think

patrician taste

>thinly-veiled "REEE STOP CELEBRATING WHITE PEOPLE REEEE" thread

I've been here since 1998 you can check the archives

True planekino

it's the opposite I'd say
if he didn't fly so good, he would've crashed the plane with no survivors

kek

every fucking plane has a DITCHING switch.
it seals up the vents on the rear of the fuselage that usually are opened a tiny bit to let air circulate.

no, but burgershits always need to churn out more propaganda to brainwash even further the inbred hicks. notice how every time something happens over there the news station scramble to find some forced "hero" that saved freedum that day.
captain phillips was a coward, and the american sniper was some psycho fraud.

Do you know what has significantly more drag than air and isn't a solid?

Water.

I WASN'T ARGUING BOX OFFICE NUMBERS

I was stating that a white man saving the day is anti-PC. Look at all those RottenTomatoes reviews lately. All the "experts" insert their political (leftist) opinions into every review. They hated this movie simply because it was a "white people" movie.

>Clint Eastwood. As a filmmaker, Eastwood has long displayed an interest in the brave and hypercompetent male American hero. But it’s the myth of that hero he’s spent his career exploring: In Unforgiven, Flags of Our Fathers, and American Sniper, to name just a few of the many films he’s devoted to the subject, Eastwood has catalogued our country’s obsession with creating and then destroying (or being destroyed by) idealized figures of masculine prowess.
slate.com/articles/arts/movies/2016/09/tom_hanks_in_sully_reviewed.html

>the whatever news story that captured the nation's attention for five whole minutes
>directed by clint eastwood
He's directed the same film five times in a row now.

Not him but I'm missing your point. The film will probably win several oscars, so I don't know what you're complaining about exactly. It may be "anti-pc" as you said but it was still well received by critics and audience alike. I don't see any conspiracy here.