ITT cringe music fanbases

Other urls found in this thread:

thoughtco.com/nietzsches-the-use-and-abuse-of-history-2670323
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

every fanbase is cringe
no exceptions

holy fucking shit dude

rock "music"

May I introduce you to a little band they call MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE!?!?!!

Everyone who is passionated about music is cringy

desu I wish I was so passionate about something I would make a cringy defense of it.

Everyone who has passion for anything in general will be cringy.

That's just fucking sad. Are people not allowed to give a shit about things anymore? Is everyone supposed to be stuck in perpetual angsty teenage nihilism masked by irony as to not appear too serious?

wow you guys really deconstructed the whole cringe thing there. why are people so worried about making others cringe? why would everyone rather be some faceless background character with a "cringe" onomatopoeia thing over their heads than somebody with a small measure of passion about anything? when did it become so fucking lame to openly desire?

That’s a downside of an internet age, trends and commodities come and go faster than ever before. So passion in a singular thing seems antiquated in an ever changing landscape.

Shit dude that's spot on, how did you get to acknowledge that? no jk that's accurate

I think showing a true passion for something is seen in the internet age as a vulnerability. The internet ethos of always being disingenuous and ironic sort of makes you untouchable.

There's gotta be some scientific journals about this

its a gen z/underage thing, showing passion or sincerity is "cringe", then they turn around and whine about why theyre so sad

>That’s a downside of an internet age, trends and commodities come and go faster than ever before.
It's not that simple, irony was already becoming a mainstream trend in the early 90s far before the internet completely took hold of regular life.

all white rap fans

i think as the world becomes more complicated being openly sincere and emotional about finding real truth or connection is increasingly difficult. Instead of pushing through that, it's easier for people to just decorate themselves with a whole bunch of irony and cynicism. It's not that their life is hard or meaningless, it's that they see the TRUTH of the world, and anyone so naive as to earnestly engage with something is a source of embarrassment.

I'm obviously far from the first person to think/say this, but I do think it's true, and I get increasingly antsy about whether or not it's a reversible trend

this, we need to start hating on wiggers more

>it's that they see the TRUTH of the world, and anyone so naive as to earnestly engage with something is a source of embarrassment.

How the fuck did you jump from passion to meaning of life and the truth? What sort of fucked up logic are you following? Are you new to this "thinking" stuff?

what saved us from 90s irony was 9/11

what can save us from contemporary global irony is ww3

>it's that they see the TRUTH of the world
And what true will that be?

whiggers are retarded and all but the worst are the ones that look like some variation of pic related who go into rap threads and start talking like "damn this shits lit 2bh bangs in the whip family" and then every other corner of the internet write like typical "yikes! sorry thats wrong sweetie" tumblr nu-males

this pic gives me aids

>what can save us from contemporary global irony is ww3
Please no, the second one already completely fucked western society beyond any hope of redemption. I don't think I want to even begin imagining what would follow after a third one.

Nirvana fans: the thread

When Radiohead fans harassed McDonald's employees for some Paranoid Android Sauce

this is the opposite of what i think. This is what people who Father John Misty themselves to fuck think they are doing. they think by being so ironic and "above it all" they're seeing through the veil of the universe or some shit. irony is a shortcut to avoid the difficulties of being a sincere/emotional/passionate person

>An excess of history seems to be an enemy to the life of a time, and dangerous in five ways. Firstly, the contrast of inner and outer is emphasised and personality weakened. Secondly, the time comes to imagine that it possesses the rarest of virtues, justice, to a higher degree than any other time. Thirdly, the instincts of a nation are thwarted, the maturity of the individual arrested no less than that of the whole. Fourthly, we get the belief in the old age of mankind, the belief, at all times harmful, that we are late survivals, mere Epigoni. Lastly, an age reaches a dangerous condition of irony with regard to itself, and the still more dangerous state of cynicism, when a cunning egoistic theory of action is matured that maims and at last destroys the vital strength.

thoughtco.com/nietzsches-the-use-and-abuse-of-history-2670323

Nietzche was right. Too much history leads to irony, as every single part of our culture and being has been thoroughly analyzed, remixed and deconstructed/decomposed.

numale channels on youtube that have an elitist "I know a lot about music" attitude, but listen to nothing but alternative pop

>Nietzche was right

^ case in point

>posts le epic fedora shrek instead of responding to an unabridged quote

i hate neitzche fetishists but cmon, the dude was sometimes right.

We got an example of this shit right here!

it's actually wild that you proved his point so quickly and unambiguously lmao

also image boards that have an elitist "I know a lot about music" attitude, but listen to nothing but alternative pop

You are very naive and that's what those guys were getting at.

>muh Nietzche
Hello, teenager. What teens fail to understand is they're creating a hivemind within their own boundaries of irony, that rejects anyone different than them - while creating the illusion that they're somehow unique despite this.

So white people that think/act that they're black, wiggers? It's really concerning and strange that it seems a good majority of suburban kids nowadays act this way. I'm only 19, but my little brother's friends said I was "cringe" for not listening to 21 savage/lil pump.

pretty sure i get what you're saying but this was so poorly constructed dawg

western society has outlived it's welcome. good

Eminem

>>muh Nietzche
>Hello, teenager. What teens fail to understand is they're creating a hivemind within their own boundaries of irony, that rejects anyone different than them - while creating the illusion that they're somehow unique despite this.
Did you even understand the quote? Some mature person you are.

being openly passionate about what you like or trying to find meaning in a meaningless world isn't naive. I'd rather do that and surround myself with people like that than just laugh at people for trying or having opinions and die having felt little and accomplished even less.

I don't like using the term "cringe" but anyone that watches fantano is undoubtedly like this.

>while creating the illusion that they're somehow unique
What's with retards like you projecting their unrestrained fetishiation of total individualism upon everyone?

This wasn't in relation to the quote.

>being openly passionate about what you like or trying to find meaning in a meaningless world isn't naive.
of course not. I did not say otherwise.

>ITT cringe music fanbases
This sad excuse for a board.

what are you referring to as being naive, then? >being openly passionate about what you like or trying to find meaning in a meaningless world isn't naive.
that's all that i was getting at in the first post.

It's been that way for awhile, I'm 25 now and grew up in an upper-middle class suburb I can remember in high school all the popular "cool" kids dressed and talked like whatever rappers were popular at the time except now instead of shit like soulja boy it's this soundcloud rap garbage.

I think most of the time kids grow out of it and the ones that don't were too dumb to ever contribute to society in a meaningful way and end up ODing on painkillers.

>samefagging this hard
Sad!

not even worthy of a (you)

living is pure cringe anyway

>numale
>"I know a lot about music" attitude
>nothing but alternative pop
You're describing Sup Forums buddy

This even carries on ways into college nowadays.

>ok kid

>he's mad because fantano gave a 4 to his favorite hipstercore album
lmao

You’ve outlived your welcome. Neck yourself faggot.

take your own advice sweetie :^)

t. juden

That's because public college basically makes kids regress back to a 15-year-old

fuck off private school johnny

I didn't go to private school

i think what makes someone/something "cringe" in fanbases is the near-infantile fetishization of the band or the band culture or the band members. although, to me, it's less "cringe" and more "uncomfortableness" this picture for instance