No?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/m2VfDAKtqBk
youtube.com/watch?v=IwtHTFZhY_o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

yes

yes for gay mads

Sup Forums likes it so it's pretty much rëdditcore plebshit

Yes. It has slow episodes and the pacing seems off sometimes but the seasons taken as wholes are masterpieces. Anyone who doesn't agree has shit taste. Get through one season amd you'll be pissed that NBC cancelled it because it's not an American Idol clone.

yes

>I decide what I like based on what other people like
Embarassing desu

yes

cinematography is 10/10

mads is beautiful

seasons 1 and 2 are GOAT

season 3 was weird and I didn't enjoy it like the first two

So many yes.
I'm downloading it right now then

>cinematography is 10/10
Really, it's worth watching for this alone. The actors execute the scripts perfectly as well, so if you're fine with serial killer-y stuff, then this should be a no-brainer.

>gayshit
>mastermind overload
>narrow escapes

It's just a solid teleflick, not surprised they canceled it.

First two seasons, absolutely. The third -- or, the first half of the third season -- I wouldn't say it's necessary.

s1/s2 were terrific. I love mads and others have said it's almost worth watching for the cinematography alone.

Is season 3 worth a watch?

It's a superb reimagining of the entire Lecter run. From the books and films. All together.

There are quite a few canon changes though, but nothing that grates (such as the male reporter in the movie Manhunter is now female) but it's not done for "diversity."

In fact Laurence Fushburne playing FBI chief Jack Crawford is a very good choice. He brings his usual gravitas to the character.

3rd season is crazy as fuck though. It goes into some seriously bizarre out of character shit. Weird as hell.

4th season is all but confirmed.

>4th season

We can dream, user.

season 3 hannibal is the biggest certified pleb filter out there

Season 3 has a lot of cool moments, and if you're really into the whole Hannibal/Will love story, it will have you squeeing like a tumblrina.
However, the writing is pretty bad, the stakes almost never feel high for any of the main characters, and the Red Dragon storyline is completely gutted.

I couldn't make it through the first episode. The main character was too neurotic or something.

Quoted from Bryan Fuller interview:
>“The cast is game, I’m game,” Fuller continued, “it’s just a matter of finding the right time where everybody’s schedules sync up,
He's really hot for a 4th season but it won't be until 2018 probably. By then everyone will have forgotten.

Maybe

It's rich in aesthetics and homolust

And the killer of the week episodes of the first season aren't half bad.

Did you see the 1980s Manhunter movie? Wil Graham is supposed to be seriously fucked up.

Season 1 Wil is just him being driven batshot by his "visions" of how he'd kill the victims the way the killers would. Also his character in the tv series is clearly high functioning autistic.

By the time Hannibal finishes with him he's completely destroyed as a psyche.

Season 1 and 2 were amazing
I stopped watching 3 after the first 2 episodes

Watch seasons 1&2. Forget 3 exists.

I remember this meme fondly

One of the best looking shows ever on tv.

Probably the best looking show out there. If you've got a nice set up, you have no choice but to watch it.

I liked all three seasons

Hell fucking yes

>He didn't make it past the pleb filter

It's really not that good overall mayne.

I'd pay a lot of money for a Hannibal cooking minishow where he jokes about eating humans at the table after preparing the food in lovely cinematography.
Like a lot.

Abel Gideon alone makes it worth a watch

Made me discover Eddie Izzard and I'm thankful for that

I actually don't know what to watch tonight, probably gonna marathon it

This to anyone who wants to watch actual art.

Season 3 was kinda bad but the very very end of it was pretty beautiful.

K I N O
I
N
O

>plebs complaining about season 3

>based Mason wants to look qt like Will
>"Is Hannibal....in LOVE with me?"
>Femdom Alana
>Chilton getting burned to death and surviving
>Hannibal openly fucking with everyone in prison
>full homolust engaged

season 3 was great

It was a good and ambitious show with flaws

-Acting and dialogue is often pretty bad, excluding Mads.
-Really really boring minor characters.
-Visual style is stunning, TV kino.
-S1 killer-of-the-weeks get dull, but still ok.
-S2 is based throughout.
-S3 hannibal

And
Beautiful Europe shots.
And the heart stag thing.

Yes
Season 3 is my favorite. Pure art.

>And the heart stag thing
That was cheesy as fuck. Any time they had Dr. Lecter of all people acting like a lovestruck teenage girl was cringeworthy.

S1 and S2 endings were godtier, especially S2

>people pretend to like hannibal but try to downplay or dismiss the homolust

don't plebs realize that hannibal is literally one of the gayest shows of modern Sup Forums?

and I don't mean that as a way of saying it is bad -- I mean that it is literally a homoerotic story

>Did you see the way that antler pierced her vagina?
>I know right.

>it's homolust

Yeah, it's obvious
But somehow it's not of the tumblr flavor, which is unusual on the interwebz, thus contributing to the novelty and general allure that fascinates the Sup Forums-crowd

Yes. Tbh when I watched the first season I wasn't impressed, and I asked myself why do people have such a hard on for this show. Season 2 is fucking great and the best of the 3. Season 3 ruins the season 2 finale but it's still pretty fucking good.

Yes

You could ignore it up until season 3. Then it became obvious that Bryan Fuller had somehow managed to greenlight his gay Hannibal fanfiction into a show. It shouln't have been so heavy handed in the end.

>ignoring the subtext of the show

if you thought the season 2 finale wasn't gay you need to fix your radar senpai

I said you could ignore it. That impliea it was there. Work on your reading comprehension, faggot.

youtu.be/m2VfDAKtqBk

This should be able to tell you whether or not this is the show for you. Don't listen to these negative faggotd

Yes, but be prepared for a lot of overwrought psuedo-intellectual dialogue.

>Damn Hannibal I really need to take a shit
>I've often found faeces to be a rather apt metaphor for modern man - trapped in the dark, stewing in the inequity and filth of his own being, straining for nothing more than the clean white freedom of oblivion

haven't seen season 3 but it always struck me as a kind of roman/greek "homolust". Appreciation of beauty.

But season 3 was when the subtext became text.
>I-is Hannibal in *love* with me?? :3

The accuracy is painful. I got fed up with it in season 3, because no sane, real people talk to each other like this. I understand will and hannibal because they are insane and trying to suck each other's assholes but it was off putting when others characters spoke like this.

Did anyone save any of those greentexts where user tries to act like Hannibal irl?

I hope so, Hannibalposting was a patrician meme that died too soon

>roman/greek "homolust"

This
virtuous homolust, not the postmodern, vapid and narcissistic homolust of today

>ignoring something that's clearly part of the show

I understood what you meant, I just implied that it's retarded to ignore a core part of the show and act all surprised when it becomes important

that's some breddy good hannibalposting

Where in my post did I indicate it was surprising to me personally? If you wanted to, you could ignore it up until season 3. You could think "okay, that's a bit gay but maybe they're just good bros". Then it got irrefutably overt as mentioned along with other lines/scenes.

>Hannibal I think something might be wrong with Will, he's not answering my calls and he's just got trash piling up in his house
>What is trash but the accumulated detritus of a man so consumed by his mental world that he leaves his physical one to rot away? Young Will is nothing more than the exemplification of the life of the mind, and should be commended in that

Sorry, S4 wont come until gaming gets its new Kojimakino with Mads.

youtube.com/watch?v=IwtHTFZhY_o

It gets progressively more over the top and goofy, eventually getting to the point where the only explanation for the terrible writing is that Hannibal has the power to control time and space, so it doesn't really have any payoff.

>dialogue is often pretty bad
like 80% is straight from the books.

And dialogue is not one of Thomas Harris' strengths.

But a lot of the lines taken from the book wasn't used as dialogue in the book. A lot of the pretentious dialogue in the show is just used when describing shit.

Yes. The homolust is strong with this one.

I miss this show so much

Someone post the pic of the dog blaming jack

The 'Hannibal is a cannibal jack, I'm a fucking dog and I figured it out' one

Some of the content from this was fantastic. I miss our homolust threads.

I want my dick in her ass.

>cannibalistic serial killer on the loose
>everyone suspects the friendly autist who is catching serial killers and saving lives
>no one suspects the creepy dead eyed emotionless psychiatrist who constantly jokes about eating people

The domestic bliss that could've been

;_;

I actually regret not saving all Hannibal related memes here. Some of them were fucking fantastic.

>you will never have a pet abigail

kill me

Never
Ever

>he acts like all of Hannibal's psychotic cannibalism puns are a bad thing

disregard garbage opinion

Could live w/o the tumblr art though.

Bunch of posers I tell ya!

Tumblr always finds a way. Which is why we have to be better.

Animorphs was a mistake.

>HE SHOULD'VE HOPPED FASTER :D
>Bryan Fuller actually thinks this is good dialogue

What would you rather?

Hannibal's wardrobe?
Hannibal's kitchen?
Hannibal's study?

Calm down cunt, it's just banter between friends.

Wardrobe no question

>try to bitch about Hannibal dialogue
>pick a one-off comment to focus on and not one of the thousand metaphor-laden monologues that hannibal and will spew at one another

All useless to me.

No way would I look good with his wardrobe.
No way will I ever be as good of a cook as him.
No way will I ever be as intellectual to merit his study.

>No way would I look good with his wardrobe.
>tfw 5"8 manlet
Life truly is suffering.

Goddamn it I want our homolust threads back ;_;

>youngwillthepost.jpeg

His kitchen. I love cooking, and I used to cook along with the show every week.

Mr. Robot threads are partially homolust nowadays.
But it's merely a pale copy. Pedestrian shippers pretending; grasping for a crude simulacrum to fill a void only known by the true /homolust/

It's not the same without Mads

I'm pretty fucking hyped for him and Kojimbro's newest project.

>Starts off seeming like it's going to be a murder mystery of the week procedural NCIS style show, complete with wacky lab techs and some inspired visuals
>Quickly shifts gears into a slow paced, cerebral, fucking awesome show
>Reaches it's peak in the season 2 finale, honestly just an absolutely amazing episode

>Season 3 is two seasons jammed into one, the first half is bullshit, the second half is pretty amazing.

Absolutely worth a watch, even if I feel S3 was hit or miss. At a minimum watch S1 and 2.

The Mason stuff in season 3 was GOAT you plebeian piece of shit.

The season 2 finale is one of the greatest television episodes of all time.

Does it mean I'm gay if I enjoyed this show?