Eternal Arsenal Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/c_d_14/status/883664842334359553
reddit.com/r/Gunners/comments/6m0rya/im_chris_wheatley_arsenal_correspondent_for_goal/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>spending £53m on Giroud's backup for France

wew lad

stop crying oli

After this move he won't be. Deschamps is an idiot

>/arse/ move faster in the summer than during the season

weird that innit

I thought that was a pic of Jewmaican

kit looks nice

puma done alright

weird

when does the puma deal end

its not, there's more possibilities to talk about

How the fuck did Wolves sign Ruben Neves? He's an FM GOAT.

Still too tight and plastique
Football tops should be baggy
the shorts should be short
the socks should be short
the laces should be loose
and the shoes should be black or white

2018-19 is their last contracted season atm

Yea that's astonishing. And he wasn't even playing shit for Porto

>£13m price tag on Szczczczc

where exactly is wenger expecting to find a better 2nd choice keeper? he won the golden glove in italy for fucks sake

Fuck that. Woj should be first choice for us.
Wenger has to go.

He won it in England too
The only things that've been holding him back are: 1. shit coaches 2. shit friends like wilshere

Wilshere disrespect will not be tolerated mate.

Are you denying that Szczczc got stuck in lazy rich chav mentality? You just know that was down to Wilshere and others

>Alexis Sanchez wants to join Manchester City – and has told Arsenal to sell him ‘right now’
never sign south americans

Send him to the reserves.

The summer is all about speculation, gossip, hope, and despair. There's a lot to talk about. A sense that something exciting or soul-destroying could happen at any given moment. The summer abounds with promise, with dreams of what might be possible, and with the threat of disaster.

Our performance during the season, however, offers a lot less excitement these days. Aside from our glorious FA Cup wins, our recent seasons have been characterised by predictability and disappointment. We haven't had a truly satisfying season in Europe or the league for around a decade now.

As the hope ebbs away, people can't bear to sit around talking about their team's underperformance. Dwelling on something so predictably heartbreaking becomes rather morbid.

Believe me, if Arsenal have a barnstorming season this general will be pulsing with activity. The fans just amplify the team's energy.

how many attacking players this fucking team plans to get anyway?

I just want to remind you guys that last season our beloved Arsenal lost 10-2 to Bayern Munich on aggregate and finished 11 points behind Tottenham

Imagine being in the prime of your life with only 1 title to your name and looking down the pitch for your midfield and seeing coquelin or elneny or ramsey or xhaka

I don't give a shit lad.

WENGER OUUUUUUUUUT

wenger in

Imagine facing them next season in a pep 4-3-3 transitioning to 3-2-5 and they have in and around your box: Gabriel Jesus. Alexis Sanchez, Sergio Aguero, Kevin DeBruyne and Bernardo Silva

hello where are the cute japanese dog videos

this

Neither does he. And I don't care anymore

At least he's not kissing the badge and calling Wenger his father like Cesc
At least he gave his all for the team unlike Adebayor
At least he never cost Arsenal cames like Clichy or slagged off the club, fans, etc like Nasri
At least he's going to Pep and not Mourhino

AAAAAAAAA WENGER I'M GOING TO KILL MYSELF YOU UTTER CUNT

they will get murdered by hoofballing teams like palace and watford

2-1 at home, 1-1 away.

Watford play decent football desu.

Nasri was more than happy to see out his contract.

>elneny, walcott, gibbs, iwobi, jenkinson still not been sold

His problem was arrogance, first choice as a young lad and never had to compete for his spot since his competition was Almunia and Flappyhandski. The loan was supposed to be a kick up the arse and he couldn't have done better in that regard.

Unbelievable decision if he is sold.

Lemar when?

Spicy is staying this season as well lads fucking relax

>watford play decent football
only against liverpool and arsenal

yea yea whatever. Until he starts going to the press and talks bad about Arsenal I'm not going to begrudge him. I'm weary of being mad at all our good players leaving and booing them when they come back. I've lost count at this point. I just realized that I've forgotten Van Persie that CUNT.

I agree but there came a point where his arrogance wasn't backed up with ethic. That's on him but also a product of those around him.

He went to Roma where they had proper coaches, proper fans, and no friends waiting for him. Not to mention Totti and DeRossi breathing down your neck if you do anything stupid. It changed everything. They don't muck about in Serie A

arsenal wouldn't be the same without at least one crap BR in the team

so where are players like Ramsey, Kos etc? They didn't have international duty this summer so why haven't we seen them in training, are they even going on tour?

>compete for champions league qualification with arsenal
>compete for champions league trophy with juventus
not sure why he would stay, actually

In Ramsey's case I really hope he's dead.

Wonder what happened to all those earlier Kosc transfer rumours though.

He signed a deal only a few months ago

>They didn't have international duty this summer
yes they did
did you forget Lloris' blunder against sweden? that was an international break

Because he loves Arsenal. Youth graduate and always maintained that he wants to retire at the club.

How the fuck can SancheZ think fraudiola in any shape or form is better than Wenger?
Just keep SancheZ and let him leave on a free next season. Better than selling him to city for nickels.
With another winger signed, arsenal could actually manage to look top tier on paper at least.

Bundesliga Spotlight @BundesligaSpot
Wolfsburg have confirmed the signing of Kaylen Hinds from Arsenal on a three-year deal until 2020. #WOB #AFC

remember when kosc rejected bayern a couple of seasons ago? he knows he'll benchwarm at any top club in for him

(PASSIONATE RANT)

Imagine the scenario where we force sanchez and ox to stay, last year of the contract expires and arsenal end 5th anyways next season. Would be comical desu

I think that's what we're already accepting will happen.

For all of our faults, I don't think we have a deluded fanbase overall.

Thread moving a bit fast in weekend, I guess. Can't wait to watch US vs Panama too.

Of course Alexis would be the first choice if he stays. If Alexis gone, I'd scream WENGER OUUUUUUUUUT every full moon and pick Mahrez as his replacement.

Wenger
It's not Arsenal who's retarded, it's Wenger and he is too powerful. Fucking employ technical director, you stubborn senile old man.

who the fuck cares about Ox anyway, bang average player

>#WOB

Disgusting.

Alexis OUT Lemar IN
WHEN

alexis out in 3 weeks
lemar in never

how will alexis even fit into city?

they just signed bernardo silva and already have Aguero, Sterling, Sane, Gabby J, De Bruyne, the list goes on

inverted wing back sweeper

xhaka culann comp
twitter.com/c_d_14/status/883664842334359553

Bring back Fabregas la.

THIS.

This is correct. Team's environment is everything, even top top palyers will play like shit if the environment are shit just like Wenger created in Arsenal. That's why lots of good players always wanted to move away from Arsenal because they know they won't improve in this team with Wenger in it.

He's not even Giroud's backup

Jorge Mendes is running Wolves and Neves stagnated heavily at Porto.

Interestingly enough, he's now joining the team managed by the same guy that benched him last season.

CL spot and City overall looks ambitious in strengthening their squad and club. Also Guardiola can use excuse he's still adapting in Premier League and the introduction of 'tackle'.

>selling your best player to a rival english club

If this actually happens, you are Everton tier

but we've already done it lad

dude he looks like a cancer patient. or something. no wonder he fucking blows as a CM... that man looks like he's into the defense!

but then how many players leave arsenal and actually improve

tell him that he signed da fing, use him this season to get back to the CL (that HE was a part of >us not having this year) and then bite your thumb at the prospect of 30-40mil. he should be somewhat motivated because he'll have a shot at better wages without a transfer fee.

whats the difference in TV $$$ between the CL and the EL? 25mil? 20mil? i reckon you could argue that it's worth the difference between CL>>EL TV $$$ and alexis' transfer fee in merch sales alone to keep the fans happy via not selling >our best player to a PL rival.... again.

reddit.com/r/Gunners/comments/6m0rya/im_chris_wheatley_arsenal_correspondent_for_goal/

piss off paddy. you did exactly the same with torres

All European competition revenue is pretty much irrelevant at this point.

RO16 in the CL is like £20-£25m. A season in the premier league is quadruple that.

he's just egyptian

Alexis OUT
Wenger IN
#AKB

>[Lemar's] entourage were split on a move when Arsenal lodged their first bid. His father wants him to stay at Monaco for one more season to 'guarantee' his chances of being selected for France at the 2018 World Cup. The player wants to come but won't force through a move which makes things more difficult for Arsenal in terms of the transfer fee, while his agent is encouraging Lemar to push through a deal. It could happen in the coming weeks but as things stand Monaco are refusing to sell.
>won't force a move
definitely never happening then

Those who won titles with rival clubs.

He also has age concern.

>they know they won't improve in this team with Wenger in it
>Bring back Fabregas

Apologise for such a ridiculous post.

>Both inferior to Benzema

AH Oui Oui Oui

Cesc would be our best midfielder if he came back la. Even in 2017.

Was my mistake. I meant to reply to this post regarding midfield

I didn't mean that. Meant it's absurd to imply Wenger hinders players' development while also including a player who Wenger developed into one of the best midfielders the PL has ever seen in the same post.

Yeah, but he went back to Barca and won trophies with Chelsea. The things he won't achieve in Arsenal.

literally what i said here

Imagine if Eduardo and Diaby didn't have so many injuries. Also imagine if Arshavin qualified for the WC2010 thus not becoming shit after

DID DANI ALVES GOT AIDS OR WHAT?

You didn't mention trophies, you said they won't improve.

The one thing you absolutely cannot fault him on is getting the best out of talent. Whether they then leave due to lack of ambition is a different matter.

I really fucking hope we get Mahrez & Lemar so Ox can be benched, I've had enough of his terrible crosses giving the opposition a goalkick.

>Aggregate score for city vs these two teams was 14-1 last season (17-1 if you include the FA cup)

i like playing city desu. pretty much the only team in the league who play a proper game of football with us

Improve in terms of titles and glory actually, not talent or technique. Just my lack of vocabulary maybe.

I only recognize Wenger in identifying talents, not getting the best out of it or managing it. As much as I ridicule Ox, Scznesy, Wilshere, Gibbs, Ramsey, etc I admit their potential to be very great but the toxic environment of the club makes them lazy and in comfort zone. That's why Scznesy actually improving with his talents outside Arsenal, about Wilshire he's about the same as long as he's in England, should've gone to Italy or other leagues.

ox is benched anyway

[–]goalchrisuk 12 minutes ago

>Alexis has made a mutual decision with his agent Fernando Felicevich to leave Arsenal. Manchester City's 'confidence' stems from the fact that their manager has had conversations with the player who has told him he wants to join City. However, the £400k-a-week talk is false and Arsenal have made a very respectable contract offer to Alexis.

>I still don't think Arsenal will let Alexis leave until they've brought in a replacement so I'd expect this one to drag on until the end of the transfer window.

>It's worth remembering that Alexis has no real connection to Arsenal, whereas in comparison Mesut Ozil - who is close to Arsene Wenger, loves London, has loads of friends here - would probably find leaving the club more of an emotional decision.

Fuck.

Alexis is not moving just for money, if you believed the 400 wage demand, you are retarded as fuck. He is leaving because he wants to play CL. And remember he is currently not even the best paid player on Arsenal. wtf

I'm always very skeptical about crediting Wenger for Cesc developing into one of the best. The fact that the only truly world class players who came up under Wenger were Cesc, Henry and Cole makes it look like they were just the exceptions and it was due to their natural talent way more than Wenger having any effect on them. Except maybe Henry.

Especially when you compare those three to the Meridas/Aliadieres/Traores that Wenger couldn't develop. And there's been 10x as many failures as successes.

>alexis wants to join city

and i want a pony for christmas too. comeon, time to knock that ~30-40mil of dirt off your shoulder.

>He is leaving because he wants to play CL

yeah well if he wanted to do that he could have, you know, done something about it last season. score a goal early against palace to change the momentum around before 0-3 and PRESTO! you're quite probably in the CL without having to go anywhere.

honestly i think the >MUH CL is just a cover for him wanting the fuck out of arsenal because wonga did his best to alienate the guy last year, even tho it can be argued that alexis' lashing out against his teammates wasn't a good look in and of itself.

>And remember he is currently not even the best paid player on Arsenal

in the immortal words of hawk harrelson: HE GONE!

idea a: don't select him in the team until his extends, he's autistic enough about playing games that it'll drive him mad
idea b: threaten his dogs