Has there ever been a good game based movie?

Has there ever been a good game based movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

variety.com/2016/film/asia/altered-beast-streets-of-rage-sega-movies-shows-1201933661/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Super Mario Bros.

Stalker

you already posted it

Mortal Kombat is only game to movie adaptation that captures essence of the game but stands up as just a movie as well. Pretty singularly.

Doom

Fuck you, I like it

Star Wars

Mortal Kombat

Silent Hill in that it is a pretty spooky schlocky horror movie

Tron

Need for Speed was really good even if you never played the video game.

Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter are ironically good cheese movies

that's it, every other vidya adaptation is utter shit

I didn't think Prince of Persia was so bad. It reminded me of 90's action movies, very campy and kinda cheesy.

This game franchise didn't deserve a film like this

Age of Empires 2

It's the only widely known series that isn't sacred enough to be shit on my fanboys while simultaneously being partially cinematic and story driven.

Hell, Naughty Dog just cut out the middle man and made their fourth "game" a movie.

Peter Jackson's KING KONG: The Official Game Of The Movie

Sorry I am retarted

>make a game that's really just a movie
maybe the movie will be a video game

Mortal Kombat is the only one.

Postal

Street Fighter was so bad it was good.

Mortal Kombat as other user's said.
It's a good movie on its own even if you haven't played the game. Hell, it's characterization of Kano later became canon for the games.

Also, just read that Sega may be making movies or tv series on some franchises (Streets of Rage, Shinobi, Golden Axe, etc.)

Tomb Raider

i still like it

I legitimately enjoyed this movie, but it might be because i never played the game.

>Also, just read that Sega may be making movies or tv series on some franchises (Streets of Rage, Shinobi, Golden Axe, etc.)

Sauce?
t. Segafag

Here bro

variety.com/2016/film/asia/altered-beast-streets-of-rage-sega-movies-shows-1201933661/

Segafag too, so I was fucking stoked when I read this, like with the Daytona 3 announcement. Hope it ain't just a rumor.

Doom(2005) with the rock