We was Kangkillers and sheet

Lin-Manuel Miranda Producing Film and TV Adaptations of Patrick Rothfuss’ The Kingkiller Chronicle

Lin-Manuel is behind the wonderfully diverse and historically inaccurate 'Hamilton raps' play.
Will they make Kvothe a nigger?

archive.is/kKL43#selection-153.0-153.98

His family are basically magical "enlightened" gypsies so it's in a realm of possibility.

Lin-Manuel Miranda Producing Film and TV Adaptations of Patrick Rothfuss’ The Kingkiller Chronicle
>producing film and tv adaptations
>film and tv adaptations
>film and tv

Please die

for

70% of the books is top tier fantasy, 30% is literally worse than fanfiction tier
I think it has to do with the fact that rothfuss can't do character development for shit, so he's basically gambling on whether a scene works or not. He also really seems to struggle with character consistency, especially for kvothe. He goes from calculating genius to lucky fool to stumbling buffoon to ignorant child in the space of like two chapters over and over again.
It's a shame, I feel like the series had/has potential to be a legendary work in fantasy if only the author was a little more talented and less of a hopeless shut-in.

Friendly reminder that woke af rapper Immortal Technique used to throw this bitch in the trash where he belonged on a daily basis.

>He goes from calculating genius to lucky fool to stumbling buffoon to ignorant child in the space of like two chapters over and over again.

The most glaring example of this is Ademre... ark? I've never felt so disappointed after I finished it. You would think he'd crush or challenge at least someones world view in that brady bunch but nope, he just nods and spills spaghetti all the way through and most annoyingly I don't even understand the point of this ark. Their fighting style? Why? In Door of Stone he will supposedly become a magic bazinga man that everyone fears or denies existence, he didn't get any perspective or world view it fucking evaporates as soon as he comes back. So what? A sword. A whole a lot of bullshit for a sword. Oh right, he gets a tale about Chandrian, which he apparently can not even think about and the tale itself is almost a repeat of what he knew or could assume.

But holy shit I'd watch this show just to see how are they going to struggle to adapt all that fucking university filler.

>an entire episode of kvothe and felurian having crazy wild lust driven sex
>an entire episode of auri exploring the underthing

I'm ok with this

is it that book about this gary stu who works in a pub and his past is narrated? I dropped the book because it was so fucking stupid and boring. will fit in just right with other shitty book adaptations like twilight and divergence and all that shit

Literally kill yourself

how can they even make a movie/show about the books anyways, dude is literally slower than grrm and has less material out

>waah waah how dare you criticize my shitty fan fic tier self insert trash

>read this expecting a grand fantasy adventure
>90% of the book is the guy figuring out how he's going to pay his school bills and pining over a slut

/lit/ is for discussion of literature -- not this juvenile fantasy garbage.

I agree. mfw when I bought this book on my brother's recommendation

and the other 10% is him being a total perfect alpha male who can do no wrong despite being a teenager

Patrick Rothfuss might be the biggest beta cuck SJW pantywaist in human history. His books are cringey as fuck.

We all agree Kevin McKidd should play Old Kvothe

You're a fucking idiot if you thought (the first book) was just Mary Sue bullshit and that's it.
The novel is a deconstruction of heroic fantasy narratives. He's OP and deeply flawed and fucked up because of it. The novel opens with him at the end of the world running a shit-tier pub *because* it is heavily implied he fucked his whole life up and the lives of people pretty much everywhere.

Book 2 I will admit is fully just a narrative of "cool quests" he goes on where the moral is "wasn't that so dope? how dope was that adventure?"

>deconstruction
exactly, its pretentious trash

>muuh deconstruction
ironic shit is still shit. I bet you think NGE is actually good you idiot