High Plains Drifter

How is this not considered Eastwood's best?

>rides into town
>3 assholes rile him up, he kills them
>blonde bitch nags him, her rapes her
>mayor offers him free everything, pretty much hands over the town, for protection from thugs
>first order of business: fuck over the whole town
>makes the midget mayor and sheriff
>every time the people get fed up, they revolt and get BTFO by Eastwood
>fucks the blonde bitch a second time
>in the same night, Eastwood cucks the hotel owner beyond belief by destroying half his hotel and fucking his wife
>paints the whole town red, had no real effect on the thugs, just did it for a laugh
>destroys half the town to kill three guys
>end of the film, town is in shambles, half the townsfolk are dead, and Eastwood rides away with zero fucks given
>this is a happy ending

Does it get any better than this?

>rape
>prostitute

more like theft, or petty larceny.

Also he was a ghost, all along!

Much as I love HPD, Josey Wales is his best film I have seen. Other underrated ones are Hang em High, Joe Kidd, and 2 mules for Sister Sarah. Pale Rider also but that's less underrated. Have not seen Unforgiven as of yet

my nigga
Josey Wales is my shit

> never seen unforgiven

I thought he was the devil

>he was a ghost
Seemed to me like he was Death.
>dark clothes
>rides a pale horse
>sends the outlaws to "hell"

Yeah, people often wonder why there are so many western films, but watch just about any Eastwood film, and it becomes pretty clear.

I know, I know. I have it downloaded, I keep meaning to get around to it. Fuck it, I'm watching it tonight. Gonna get a pizza, get comfy and watch western kino

Well I thought he was the reincarnation/ or at least avenging wraith of the sheriff they whipped to death, come to punish everyone that killed him and those that just stood by and let it happen

>Yeah, people often wonder why there are so many western films

They should have just reigned it in and called the genre over after The Wild Bunch, no one has topped that shit yet.

On an unrelated note, does anyone remember the name of that Eastwood movie that was basically Misery before Misery came out? He was a radio DJ I think.

Wild Bunch is a decent movie but it meanders and is unfocused. Very few characters actually explored, pacing issues, and some dumb story choices bring it down. Same flaws as every Peckinpah film I have seen except Cross of Iron. I was really let down by Wild Bunch

Laughed my ass off when I saw the whole picnic and the huge sign saying "Welcome Home Boys". Shit was so cash

>lists nothing but arbitrary plot details

Top fucking pleb

Come to think of it, you're right.

Not only did Eastwood's character inexplicably get flashbacks of the marshall's death, but at the end, the midget asks him his name to which he replies 'you already know.'

>How is this not considered Eastwood's best?

because it's shot like shit and The Good The Bad and The Ugly is one of the best movies ever made

tgtbatg isn't even the best spaghetti western

>he stole candy from a baby
>then he stepped on a rabbit
>then he fought Donatello
>then he slept with the dead rabbit's wife

That's only because Once Upon a Time in the West is near perfect.

Pretty sure he was referring to Day of Anger there.

That's because you're not retarded.

both wrong though day of anger is way better than once upon a time (hell also the entire dollars trilogy is way better than once upon a time)
I was of course talking about The Great Silence

I would have guessed Cemetery without Crosses next.

I would say 4 of the Apocalypse is next for me