So is this show good? Also it looks like a political show, which I hate political shit in movies and tv shows...

So is this show good? Also it looks like a political show, which I hate political shit in movies and tv shows, so does it get political or is it just a cool show about hacking?

1st is really good, don't bother with second one.

It's political in terms of how hacking would affect politics and business. It doesn't really push any political agenda. Many people think it takes the side of the politics of the hackers, but I think that's only if you think the protagonists are supposed to be heroes. I think the writers aren't treating anyone as a hero. I think they are trying to show how everyone's fucked up.

You should watch it for the cinematography alone.

It's a good show, watch it.

it's political in the sense that political things happen on it, and characters have political views

but only plebs think it's a leftist show where the hackers are "the heroes"

Really enjoyed the 1st season uop until the last episode, the big plot twist is obvious pretty much from the first episode. Season 2 is trash and I stopped watching after S2E2.

However the atmosphere and some of the characters are really fun to watch in the first season, so you might as well give it a try, just be ready to be disappointed at some point.

this is the correct answer, season 2 sucked, still haven't finished it

reddit

Kinda blew me away to find out the showrunner is a major league Shill4Hill when he's literally making Wikileaks: The Series

It's the best show USA has ever made, but it still isn't perfect. Season 1 is derivative and Season 2 is a mess. It's still entertaining with some great moments.

It's not political in the left-vs-right sense. There's gay characters, but most of the political dialogue in the show is about China, cybersecurity and bitcoins rather than social justice.

Definitely worth a watch if you don't have much else.

>being surprised that an egyptian dude who created a show about how shitty capitalism is didn't vote from trump

really makes you think

okay this show sounds good, I'll give it a shot, but I don't need to know anything about politics at all going in? I saw the "Our democracy has been hacked" poster and assumed I would need to know about politics, but the way you guys are wording it, sounds like I can just go in and watch without worrying about politics.

is he going to have sex with rami malek

I liked it at first, but it became less about hacking and more about elliot's schizophrenia, which I didnt like as much. Still haven't finished season 2.

Childhood is when you idolize the hackers
Adulthood is realizing E Corp makes more sense.

No, I'm not surprised he didn't vote for Trump.

I'm surprised he fucking loved Clinton.

yeah that unqualified clinton support is a little surprising considering how cynical mr robot is

i don't find it surprising at all. while Sanders had better ideas - pie in the sky, most of them - Clinton was the more hardened politician. that woman has done more good than most of her colleagues combined, not to mention the President-Elect Tweet...i mean, Trump. sure, she's had her failings, but damn if the right wingers aren't adept at swift-boating candidates. then again, more Americans did end up voting for her than Tweet. i mean, Trump.

It's alright. No really, the story itself is alright.

The problem is the 80% filler the show actually consists of. If they'd just progress the fucking plot properly and just let the story happen, it'd be worth watching.

Uh-huh.

It's very political but has nothing to do with politicians.

Just do some light research on Linux before going in.

Pretty much all you need to know is that hackers use linux. The show doesn't really expand on anything beyond that.

I sure hope so

see what i mean about swift-boating? they are masters at deception, false equivalencies, and ignoring facts. sure, the democrats do this as well, but the reppies have honed it to an art. proof? gerrymandering. i don't mean to be pedantic, but do read up and fact check before posting nonsense, mate.

That's a little disappointing if not surprising.