What's your favorite accent between native English speakers?

What's your favorite accent between native English speakers?

I think Scottish people have the coolest accent. The way they pronounce their r's is cool

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XOLpIkoS0QY
youtube.com/watch?v=vvyE4tRVLq0
youtube.com/watch?v=8SUcvh2TF8A
youtube.com/watch?v=Vt4Dfa4fOEY
youtube.com/watch?v=oifRCyBnPHU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

strayan english I think
I kinda like irish accent as well for some reason

Upperclass Scottish is nice

Scottish.

youtube.com/watch?v=XOLpIkoS0QY

A blast from the past.
Nobody outside UK could tell what accent he had. So people guessed anything from Russian to Spanish.
youtube.com/watch?v=vvyE4tRVLq0

South African of course

Irish accents, they always sound charming and upbeat, even when they're telling you to go fuck yourself.

For me, it's the Dundalk accent

youtube.com/watch?v=8SUcvh2TF8A

Portuguese English and English from NA

i like south african

I unironically like the New Jersey accents

>The way they pronounce their r's is cool
Cool and cool, I dunno about that. It's RIGHT, and CORRECT. That's all there is to it.

Essex accent is an aphrodisiac

Some Canadian accents can be very ear-soothing to veg out to.
Scots are some of the most conservative of English speakers. A lot of their tics (like how they pronounce dipthongs and long vowels) are more or less the same as they were in Old English.

Scouse

Delet this

Brummie

South African is elder god tier
Mancunian, anything from the North of England besides Geordie really
Old US Southern accents (mostly ded but whenever I hear an old person with one my ears melt)

Irish is probably the most overrated, once you spend enough time around them it's just irritating.

Yooper/Minnesota/far-northern American accents (Sarah Palin English for foreigners) is probably the worst of them all. Only person I've ever seen who pulls it off is Jesse Ventura.

which one does saoirse have

how does the General American accent sound to people without it?

hope these posts are in jest

Out of UK accents, SW English.

Scottish

Essex girls literally sound the best. It's the future considering how it's pushed on TV.

nasal and annoying unless the speaker has a good speaking voice. But it depends, most people who think they have it often have a regional inflection that they're not aware of.

Like this:
youtube.com/watch?v=Vt4Dfa4fOEY

Unironically the Scouse accent (I am French), we love it

I like this video, it helps me show what korean sounds like to someone who speaks japanese

but it's not quite what I want. I just can't hear my own accent.

Midwestern and Great Lakes General American is definitively the worst. I've been told my version of the accent (Floridian) isn't terrible so at least I have that.

She sounds like she has a Dublin accent to me but not too strong of one

I'd argue the Mancunian is the best in the UK ahead of Scottish

my housemate at uni is from essex and she single handedly put me off it forever

youtube.com/watch?v=oifRCyBnPHU
sounds pretty strong

South Aflikker accents sound like Australians gargling tar

I like some of the many varieties of Indian/Pakistani accents (no clue as to which is which, though).

Welsh english. It's so pitch driven and sing songy

Most of the northern English accents are quite good. Irish is cool and so is aussie. Scottish can be ok. South Africans sound like Europeans who moved to Australia a year or two ago. NZ is good, but not as good as aussie. Welsh is nice. Received Pronunciation and many of the upper-class southern english accents are gay. Canadian ans Upper Midwest isn't as bad as people say it is.

>t. midwesterner

"General American" as I understand it sounds far too nasally.
I can barely understand dixie americans at all, and it's mutual.
I'm really not sure what would be a more appropriate term for what people sound like here. When I travel to other parts of america, people assume I'm a yuropoor or britbong

wtf I love dundalk now.

Norn Iron

This. Portugal is an Anglo country.