Hey /pol amerifag here...

hey /pol amerifag here, thinking about going out and buying a rifle for myself this weekend with the intent on using it for self protection in case of break in / muslim invasion. any reccomendations?

Kar98k

Read the sticky on /k/.

Not a bolt action hunting rifle, that's for sure. An AR is one of a few rifles good for home defense. It needs to be short enough to manage and the foregrip helps wih control in tight quarters. A long gun is just going to get you killed.

Thanks for the direction friend

anything chambered in .22LR should work. that caliber is what professional bear hunter use and should take a man down with one shot.

Nugget

I live in NY and i think hunting rifles are the easiest to buy, any handgun will require a permit although i will do more research into an AR-15 and its legality in NY State

80% true.

Anyone else fucking love bolt action?
Not a good choice for home defense, but they're just so reliable and feel great.

Fucking kek

Would a shotgun be more practical for home def

don't get a .308
you'll never find ammo

Whats your price range, will you/can you practice with it and have you handled weapons before?

>hey /pol amerifag here
No fucking shit, you idiot.

Mini-14 in .223

the perfect truck-gun

Maybe in the 1990s when they were $400, but now you can get AR-15s for less.

my friend owns a 30-06 for hunting i was going to look for something in this caliber. however i dont know if 30-06 is available in semi auto or just bolt doing more research now

You're in the USA, get yourself an American made AR15. Shotguns are great, but they are slower than an AR for reload and capacity is a limit. Magazines for the AR give you great capacity and quick reloads, giving you the option to shoot for hundreds of rounds non-stop if need be.

Remember, gun control is important - Learn to control that gun well and know how to use it while being safe until shtf

Minor thread diversion.

I'm getting my license this week and I'm looking for a good all-around rifle for target shooting and maybe hunting deer that will be reliable in the event of a zombie apocalypse.

Any suggestions from our /k/ friends?

Theres a few factors there but generally no. Shotguns are typically pretty long and shortening them is often illegal, and that makes it difficult to move around inside your house, but if you can get your hands on one that's pretty short and legal then they'd be pretty good, but handguns and carbines are typically better.

DO it. Join the confederates and die

You could get a garand. Good for ny because they are a relic if made before 1966 (not subject to any bans).

Just get an average 5.56 ar.

non /k/fag here but
isnt the glock whatever point something a good,concealable,reliable,affordable handgun?

paid 375 for mine (in 1992)

[checks today's prices]

wew lad - what the fuck?
Model: 5855
Caliber: 5.56 NATO / 223 Rem
Spec Sheet
Buy Now

Capacity: 5
Barrel Length: 18.50"
MSRP: $999.00

You're in Canada, SKS to start, best $250 you can spend, get a russian you'll have it for life

>asking Sup Forums
>Not /k/

Go to Arizona though, less strict gun rules.

Remington 700.

This.
Acquire nugget, remove everything up to and including large mammals.
Remember to clean thoroughly if you use corrosive ammunition.

Get a AR

Instead of buying a gun use the money to leave NY, this place is shit for gun ownership

unofrtunately im north of the mason dixon line, so i would be disavowed by any sout-ners however i feel that now that i am living on my own my perosnal defense is my responsibility and need to take action with it accordingly

Get an Sks Canadabro. You get them way cheaper than we do.

home defense exclusively? you want a shotgun, not a rifle.

get a 20 gauge pump action with some buck shot rounds.
>pump action jams far less than semi-auto
>25% less recoil than a 12 gauge, allows for more frequent and accurate shot placement.
>more than enough stopping power with the buck shot. each shot will be like firing six 9mm handguns at once.
someone tell me i'm wrong

When you own a glock
---only see dead nignog

AR15, too easy senpai

VZ58

no lies /k kind of intimidates me, also i feel as though most /pol guys would be able to point me in the right direction

pour windex right into the breech when you are done shooting.

then rush home before the pitting starts.

Pump action 12 guageshotgun. Mossberg 500 or Remington 870

Cheap
Reliable
Variety of rounds from 00 buck to slugs
Simple to use
You don't need a fancy chest rig, just load your coat pockets with shells.

AR15 is best general purpose rifle, build one from quality parts

For home and self defense a handgun is better, get something in either .45 or 9mm like a 1911 or M&P

>AR15
>hundreds of rounds
The damn thing needs a cleaning after 3 mags, you faggot.

yes NYC you need a handgun permit, which is a bitch to acquire planning on leaving NYC in the next few years, but looking to buy a rifle before they all get banned

What state do you live in?

>stressed out
>forget to pump
>ded

Legal lenght shotguns arent that great for home defence are they? Ive a 26in 870 and it feels like a lance

Yugo SKS

NY State

Realistically it depends on your budget, there are very cheap options in all categories of firearms and then there are very expensive ones in the same category as well.

However if you just plan on getting a gun for self protection of your home and yourself a shotgun or AR would probably be best.

all you need to know right here.

yes, reading through it now, thaks for pointing me in the right direction

Anything works, as long as it washes the salt deposits out of the barrel prior to cleaning. Use warm soapy water myself.

Alternatively, if OP just wants something for his home and isn't worried about going deaf and blind from firing in the dark, could always grab a mini Draco. Not a terribly useful gun, but a shitload of fun.

Ruger Mini-14.

Tactical rifles are king. Complete multi-purpose. You can shoot a deer, use it on the range and use it for home defense.

An all American product for the American patriot.

Shotgun for you then. Mossberg 500, polymer home defense rounds in 12 gauge.
(no penetration through walls and killing your neighbor)

The Mossberg website will tell you all you need to know.

ptr91 with an 18 inch barrel. there is no other answer.

Thank you for the reccomendation, will look into it

Noice!

Thanks for the tips anons, I will look into the SKS and the Remington.

Hunting aside is the AR-15 worth getting just for target shooting or is it mostly just a self-defense tool? Killing people who are trying to kill you is illegal in Canada so it's sort of a moot point there.

Also check this out.

>mfw i live in a dictatorian shithole with extreme gun control
>mfw i might never get to own a gun
>mfw the best thing i ve got to protect myself with is a homemade bow,a wooden pike and a knife
>mfw

taci in pula mea. cate mass shooting-uri au fost in romania in ultimii 20 de ani?

I believe that in my lifetime (late 20s years old) there will be an attempt to seize the guns from american citizens, gotta armor up now before it becomes a reality

>0 mass shootinguri
pai normal,nu suntem pagani sau negrotei,dar as vrea sa am o pusca sa pot sa merga la vanatoare,sa trag dupa pasari,etc
si daca am avea pusti nu ar exista mass shootings,ca nu suntem animale

Just buy an AR, 5.56 is plentiful and you can put all kinds of shit on the rails

not really interested in putting anything on the rails, just want to keep a clip in a locked box next to my bed, and the rifle under my mattress. in case of impending doom

pusca de vanatoare + permis ptr mers la vanatoare poti sa-ti iei, are un prieten