SMiLE is the greatest album of a time, there's literally no denying it

SMiLE is the greatest album of a time, there's literally no denying it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CQ-7VV_-lPI
vocaroo.com/i/s1EBDP4cBZlB
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'VE BEEN IN THIS TOWN SO LONG

user it doesn't actually exist

>Something that never existed is the greatest
"No"

are you retarded or is this a stupid me me?

Wait, what album are you talking about? You mean SMiley Smile?

Nice meme op
First off the beach boys
second off that isnt even one of their real albums

I know that you guys are retarded, but i want to how long you can keep it up.

That's not SMILE. That's the boxset of album outtakes called "The SMiLE Sessions"

>The Smile Sessions
hmm...

It has every recorded song from the session completely mixed. The other side is all the outtakes

>a projected album

>It has every recorded song from the session completely mixed
Oh where are the Durrie Parks acetates on it?
>The other side is all the outtakes
Are you retarded? Since SMiLE was never released, the whole thing is outtakes.

DON'T

alright, faggot, by definition SMiLE isn't consider an outtake since the album hasn't official been "released". Now stop being an annoying fuck and just view SMiLE as a completed album even if you don't consider it to be.

>Now stop being an annoying fuck and just view SMiLE as a completed album
Half the songs didn't have finished vocals, so I literally cannot.

Song for children, Child is Father of the man and On Holiday unironically are much better as a instrumentals.

>I like it better so that means it's the greatest
Not how it works

It's an unfinished album, so it is disqualified from being the greatest anything

Also Do You Like Worms, I'm In Great Shape, Old Master Painter are missing vocals. Surf's Up wasn't actually fully recorded.

"finished"
newsflash: anything shipped out in a product and not later edited / revised is by definition 'finished"

*blocks your path*

lol you are spouting complete nonsense bruh
SMiLE Sessions is the definitive SMiLE

soyboy

come to the gym bruh we'll see who's the soyboy

i'm posting from the gym right now faggot suck my heterosexual cock

>anything shipped out in a product and not later edited / revised is by definition 'finished"
Then, Smiley Smile is the album you are talking about, not SMiLE.
>SMiLE Sessions is the definitive SMiLE
So the definitive version is missing vocals and some some other parts of the songs?

which machine are you on loser im driving there right now

It really doesn't matter if it's a complete album, if it's official, or whatever. It can still be your favorite album if you want it to be.

could you imagine if this album had released back in 67? Probably sale worst than pet sounds, but fuck, Smile would be seen as the greatest album of all time instead of Sgt pupper.

>Then, Smiley Smile is the album you are talking about, not SMiLE.
non sequitur
>missing
not missing anything as per definition

you are really bad at this lol

Checked

He's more heterosexual than you. Quads confirm

>non sequitur
How so?
>not missing anything as per definition
Which definition?

>how so
SMiLE Sessions was shipped and not revised later, you have no logical support for dismissing it and instead redirecting to Smiley Smile. it's a non sequitur because the shit you said doesn't follow logically. dig?
>which definition
the definition of a product being something which cannot be 'missing' anything because it exists as it exists and is not some abstract perfect ideal that you cling to

literally basic stuff here dude

>SMiLE Sessions was shipped
But if that's your logic, Smiley Smile was shipped FIRST. That is the original release. You don't seem to know the history of this project, do you?
>the definition of a product being something which cannot be 'missing' anything because it exists as it exists
Then by your own definition, SMiLE is NOT a product because it is missing elements and not complete

This is the greatest album of all time OP posted a compilation of outtakes from an unreleased album.

>But if that's your logic, Smiley Smile was shipped FIRST
That does not matter in the slightest. You are responding to an argument about how to define "finished," not an argument on whether or not one is closer to some sort of abstract ideal of an original vision. Your presented argument for disqualifying SMiLE Sessions as an album to be held up is a perceived lack of something which should be there (ignoring that, as explained, everything that *should* be there *is* there as we are dealing with a physical entity and not an abstract ideal). You're arguing with yourself about something nobody said. Not particularly effective.
>That is the original release
Smiley Smile is Smiley Smile. SMiLE Sessions is SMiLE Sessions. Neither of them are "SMiLE" (a nonexistent ideal). Are you having trouble following this?
>You don't seem to know the history of this project, do you?
Cute.
>Then by your own definition, SMiLE is NOT a product because it is missing elements and not complete
Zero reading comprehension. A product exists as it exists and cannot be missing anything because what it *is* is the only thing it can be. Ergo, something which is a product (such as the SMiLE Sessions) is not missing anything because by its nature it cannot be missing anything.

Don't talk about music if you don't know what you're talking about.

god damn it rockists are fucking retarded. the OP was clearly talking about the 2011 album they posted a picture of. a compilation album is undeniably an album and the only reason someone would deny that is to be a contrarian

/thread

>That does not matter in the slightest
Of course it does, it's your definition. It is relevant if you want it to fit.
>ignoring that, as explained, everything that *should* be there *is* there
If that's true, show me the vocals for "Look"
>abstract ideal
What the artist intended is not abstract.
>Neither of them are "SMiLE" (a nonexistent ideal)
So you admit SMiLE doens't exist? Thanks for playing
>Zero reading comprehension. A product exists as it exists and cannot be missing anything because what it *is* is the only thing it can be. Ergo, something which is a product (such as the SMiLE Sessions) is not missing anything because by its nature it cannot be missing anything.
Seems like your are missing your brain
>a compilation album is undeniably an album
Most of this release is just unfinished instrumental tracking. it's not the greatest.

you don't have a single clue what you are talking about bruh
literally zero understanding of rudimentary classical concepts of essence and existence
unsure why you'd even bother responding when you clearly don't know what's being talked about

Not an argument

PRO-TIP: I know more about this than you ever will.

hahaha okay buddy you have fun with that
gonna take this off my thread watcher now

>I am out of arguments
>better run away
Goodbye user

I'm at least glad that the retarded argument between you too has kept this thread bumped for so long.
Anyone wanna work on a SMiLE mix together? I've been having ideas for this for forever now and I'm that if anyone else gives a shit we could work on it together.

*you two
Fuck

>Anyone wanna work on a SMiLE mix together? I've been having ideas for this for forever now
Why would I want to help you after you called me retarded?

What ideas do you have?

1. A version of Heroes & Villains more similar to the early acetate version (Going from the first verse -> I'm in Great Shape -> Barnyard) while still containing the second half of the Cantina Mix
2. Working in some of the Interlude Tracks Brian and Van Dyke Parks made (Underwater Chant before Cool, Cool Water)
3. Have You're With Me Tonight worked in somehow
4. Use alternate versions and mixes of tracks instead of the more popular ones (The alternate version of Wonderful would make a beautiful interlude track and I've always preferred the alternate mix of Our Prayer)

Just use the soniclovenoize version you spergs.

>to the early acetate version (Going from the first verse -> I'm in Great Shape -> Barnyard)
What acetate is that?
>while still containing the second half of the Cantina Mix
Why would it? The Cantina section replaces the IIGS section
>2. Working in some of the Interlude Tracks Brian and Van Dyke Parks made (Underwater Chant before Cool, Cool Water)
Zzzzzzzz
>3. Have You're With Me Tonight worked in somehow
Not a SMiLE track. Might as well add Do It Again
>The alternate version of Wonderful would make a beautiful interlude track
The awful, unfinished Rock With Me Henry version?

You have bad SMiLE ideas.

>What acetate is that?
youtube.com/watch?v=CQ-7VV_-lPI
>The awful, unfinished Rock With Me Henry version?
No this one vocaroo.com/i/s1EBDP4cBZlB I think it works sort of like the title track for pet sounds, where it could have been an interlude nearer to the end of the album

yeah, I think I'll listen to it in honor of Brian on Christmas too

>youtube.com/watch?v=CQ-7VV_-lPI
That's not an acetate.
> I think it works sort of like the title track for pet sounds, where it could have been an interlude nearer to the end of the album
[citation needed]

>That's not an acetate
yea i fucked up on that
>[Citation needed]
it's literally my opinion

it basically is what smiles would have been
and its amazing
so whats the issue
the use of edits and overdubs from multiple sessions just exaggerates the wall of sound even more i think

if lets go away for a while was released with smile you'd think that was unfinished too retard

>it's literally my opinion
Then why do you want help on your opinion?
No, I'd just read the sessionogrophy to know what is finished or not
>it basically is what smiles would have been
It is not. learn more about SMiLE before posting

>Implying Smile wouldn't have been a 30+ minute mix of Heroes and Villains with Good Vibrations slapped on at the end

I did a mix of Smile for the 50th anniversary with extended cuts of most of the tracks and a bunch of studio sounds mixed in. Nobody cared though. I can post it if anyone wants.

the point is you're listening to the context of the album more than the actual music
reading the sessionogrophy lol fuck me in the ass
this isnt how you enjoy music

Comparing it to Brian Wilson's 2004 release, the only song that isn't similar is on a holiday, Song doe children and child is Father of the man and because Brian is singing on them. Other than that they're the same.

Duck yeah, post that shit. I have a bunch of fan made smile mixes.

>the point is you're listening to the context of the album more than the actual music
Except the actual music sounds unfinished.

Nice try though
>Other than that they're the same.
That's because Brian Wilson's SMile isn't what Smile would have been either

Go for it

>That's because Brian Wilson's SMile isn't what Smile would have been either
I give up, you're fucking retarded.

>Except the actual music sounds unfinished
Sounds fine and work perfectly well together.

>Except the actual music sounds unfinished.
debatable
lets take the trio of look > father of the man > surfs up
the first two being mostly instrumentals sets up surfs up perfectly. as a trio they're incredible.
>That's because Brian Wilson's SMile isn't what Smile would have been either
what the fuck ahahaahaaa
what do u want

>I don't know anything about SMiLE
Then why post?
Well, that's fine if you hear it that way. The problem is actual documentation backs up what I hear, not what you hear
>look > father of the man > surfs up
>the first two being mostly instrumentals sets up surfs up perfectly
Why? We know they weren't meant to be that way, and the pieces sound naked, like they are missing a big piece. They sound aimless; why is there a chorus vocal but not a verse? It's not logical.

>actual documentation backs up what I hear
actual robot
as i said, you're giving priority to context
let your ears hear it not your brain
death of the author etc etc etc
reading the wikipedia page of smile doesn't make you better at hearing genius pop

>you're giving priority to context
Not really. I just said "It sounds unfinished" so I am talking about the actual music

Try again.

You're just one gigantic faggot, aren't you? Stop reading so much and just listen to the music. Imagine being so far up your own ass trying to justify something that not even you completely understand.

Which edition of Surf's Up would you recommend on vinyl that, one, sounds good, two, isn't super expensive, and three, doesn't have a bloated tracklist full of extras or (Version)s?

You're retarded, but I give you props for single hanedly pissing everyone in this thread off. Autism works in mysterious ways.

>Stop reading so much and just listen to the music
See >Imagine being so far up your own ass trying to justify something that not even you completely understand.
Wouldn't I understand it better than you because I know the context and you don't?
Not an argument

Give us your source then so that we may understand just like you

>Give us your source
For what specifically?

To the whole backing of SMiLE. You know so much, hell you probably know more than Brian himself. Where's the source to a lot of your claims.

>specifically
Try again.

To the making of Smile. Apparently you know how it was originally was suppose to sound. I want to read what you read.

>To the making of Smile
Too general. Ask a specific quetsion about a specific Smile topic.

Or do you not really care, you just want to sling shit?

I can't believe your autism actually convinced me that you might be right, but the fact that you keep beating around the bush even though you're completely aware what Im talking is enough to believe that you're talking out of your ass. Also, SMiLE is definitely the greatest album, OP.

>but the fact that you keep beating around the bush
What do you mean? I said I'd give you a source if you asked for specifics, but you refuse to ask specifics. Why is that?
>SMiLE is definitely the greatest album
See

Can you please fuck off?

Can you please read a book?

How about you stop being a cunt?

How do you recommend I do that?

Learn how to socialize maybe?

>If I don't agree with you, you are a retarded autist!
Nice socializing.

I don't know, it just sounds like rough demo tapes to me. It's sketches basically.

This
None of the gazillion of editions sound like a finished album at all, no cohesiveness or flow between the songs, lots of filler, more like a B-sides anthology

>it just sounds like rough demo tapes to me
How so? It was professionally recorded in some of the best studios in the time

it actually sounds better than pet sounds.

I want to know the making of each song on Smile. What Brian and Van thoughts on it, and shit like that.

It's an archival release; an official one but still not a proper album.

but yeah, if it's your fave, it's your fave.

So we can universally agree that SMiLE is an album?

No. Smiley Smile, Brian Wilson Presents Smile and The Smile Sessions are albums

That would be too time consuming, especially because you don't actually care and just want to prove me wrong. Just name a few songs.

Of course it's to prove you wrong, because you don't have anything and are just gonna making shit up. I read Brian's biography book and read many things about the smile productions. I love the beach boys and if you send me your source and it's legit, then I'll the enitre thing.

I want all the songs.

Woohoo it must be fun to be 16

>I want all
See How about Look Listen Vibrate Smile and the Sessionogrophy in the Smile Sessions box set for starters?

>I read Brian's biography book
kek