Which of these is your favorite?

Which of these is your favorite?

The one you pick says a lot about who you are as a person...

Choose wisely

It's a Wonderful Life

The Godfather/Apocalypse Now

Anything by my favorite beloved Denis Villeneuve, the king of faux cinema

Ranked:
Spirited Away
Tie Xi Qu
Apocalypse Now
Threads

12 Angry Men

Without a doubt agreed.

Tie Xi Qu
Apocalypse Now
Persona
Raging Bull

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Dr. Strangelove

You like boring and stale movies about basic ""philosophical"" implications?

I'll take the "Rails" one since it looks like the most obscure.

Twelve angry men is fun. I don't like how suddenly everyone reaches the same conclusion but seeing how they dissect it and think through it just engages me.

I don't mean to offend but you're thinking about the movie with a preconceived notion of what it's about. 12 Angry men may not be all that philosophically deep but it shows the psychology and motives of the characters very well and if anything is more about that right vs. wrong.

Spirited Away

Vertigo and Apo Now

The one that looks like angry nobunaga

Ive seen it, I know it's good was just playing devil's advocate because I never know what to say when people tell me it's just a pretentious movie

The Seventh Seal by a mile.

Persona
The Battle of Algiers

I think all have their own positive qualities, to a degree, only one I outright don't like would probably be It's A Wonderful Life.

Raging bull. Its the most relatable narritive wise.

You're all fucking wrong, correct answer is The Shining.

good the bad & ugly. best tunes

dr stangelove

Oh shit didn't even see The Seventh Seal, I'll go with that one.

What's the Kurosawa film up there in the first row?

It looks like Seven Samurai to me, I think the other one is Rashomon.

2001. Also in my top 100 would be the godfather, apocalypse now, dr strangelove, pulp fiction, the good the bad the ugly, rashomon, 7 samurai. In the 100-200, vertigo, rear window, psycho, empire strikes back, wonderful life, persona. Lower than 500 would be threads, raging bull, the shining, mulholland dr, capeshit, faggin in the rain.

...no pulp fiction... so much bad taste in this thread...

Funny joke, guy

The Dark Knight

hello rëddit!

Why do you think the shining is the best?

Do you really need to have that many fucking Hitchcock movies? Holy shit. Other people made thrillers you know?

Persona is my favorite of these.

What do the plebs of Sup Forums think that says about me?

To me, The Shining is one of those movies that keeps my attention every time I watch it. There's a real sense of creepiness and foreboding right from the start. Everything seems innocuous on the surface but you get the feeling that something isn't right, that something terrible is going to happen. I guess as a kid it frightened me right from the start and that always stuck with me, the dread of what was to come. I like the subtle exposition, that The Shining masters. I would suck Kubricks cock.

bretty gud, Bergman was the man

Raging Bull

wickerman did it better

Of the ones I've seen, Rear Window.

2nd for strangelove

True desu

I'm picking the Good, The Bad & The Ugly. It's never going to get old.

The Dark Knight. Don't know the others, other than the Godfather.

very subtle bait friendo.

I have never seen the godfather

Shit reasons, shit argument. Go fuck yourself and you faggot father.

>projecting this hard

I liked the book and all kubrick's other movies so I really wanted to like the shining but it's sooo fucking bad.

vertigo

RATE ME

>falling for the novel bait
the film is nothing like the book on purpose, it just uses it as source material nothing more